Jedi Pyramid

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102443 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
Quit with the melodrama. No one burned anyone at the stake.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102444 by

Desolous wrote: Quit with the melodrama. No one burned anyone at the stake.

Sure they have, not in a literal sense but in a metaphorical sense.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102445 by
you're still here arent you? you dont seem burnt to me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102447 by

Desolous wrote: you're still here arent you? you dont seem burnt to me.

The only reason I am still here is because I've worked very hard to keep debates to a minimum via private messaging.

Anything dealing with real teachers, systems, and teachings focusing on force mastery are something I am trying only to discuss in private here for this very reason.

More
11 years 1 month ago #102448 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
I am curious... not doubting you or anything like that, just want to satisfy my own understanding of what you are referring to. What do you mean, or what are you referring to when you say “force mastery?”

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #102450 by

Wescli Wardest wrote: I am curious... not doubting you or anything like that, just want to satisfy my own understanding of what you are referring to. What do you mean, or what are you referring to when you say “force mastery?”

I'll answer you via a private message if that is ok, I think it is pertinent to do so.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102451 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid
they don't agree with john chang, you don't agree with people who don't agree with john chang. big deal....

Defense, Not Assault- Jedi are not vigilantes. If, however, they are placed in a position where they are defending someone against loss of life, limb or eyesight, using the minimal amount of force necessary is covered within a Jedi's "Duty to the People".

How about you forget assault and attack, minimal amount of force, since that's up to various definitions and situations, and go for "appropriate"? appropriate is by definition not too much, not too little, it can very well be " a lot" or nothing at all... depending on the situation. It's all about self-control and awareness of a situation. "defense - A jedi only uses appropriate force for defense" ?

The only issue that I've found with "the Force" is that there are Jedi out there which do not actually believe "the Force" exists

You have to learn you can't please everyone and that is why I keep on saying you should concentrate on your people instead of involving us into something we will probably never adopt. Although I can certainly appreciate your enthusiasm in doing what you feel you must do, in the end, your document will probably end up looking like:

"A jedi is an individual who calls themselves so, and lives according to the jedi ideals which are up to that individual. A Jedi also sometimes believes in something called the force, except no-one agrees on what that is."

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by ren.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102453 by

ren wrote: they don't agree with john chang, you don't agree with people who don't agree with john chang. big deal....

I've had debates that have lasted months that didn't involve discussion about him, but rather studies published in reputable journals.

Anything of this nature is vehemently opposed by a vocal majority of Jedi I have met.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 1 month ago #102492 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Pyramid

maynoth wrote:

ren wrote: they don't agree with john chang, you don't agree with people who don't agree with john chang. big deal....

I've had debates that have lasted months that didn't involve discussion about him, but rather studies published in reputable journals.

Anything of this nature is vehemently opposed by a vocal majority of Jedi I have met.

Maybe jediism isn't for you then?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #102548 by
It seems to me that a person looking to understand and master the force in a real and tangible manner would be a good fit for the Jedi moniker. The Jedi communities at large though seem to disagree however.

ren wrote:

maynoth wrote:

Maybe jediism isn't for you then?

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi