An Answer for Unification- please read I know it's redundant, but follow me :D

More
9 years 7 months ago #161019 by Alethea Thompson
We do have an editor in the community named Kai-An, and I can do some editing myself. I feel as long as some basic punctuation is applied we should be fine. Though of note Steamboat is working on getting published, and he -may- be willing to assist. I cannot speak on his behalf though.

I'm pretty good at weeding through things, and if someone submits multiple pieces, and the book is getting too terribly big, we can move from there. As we get material rolling in, I can get a feel for deadlines. It is my hope that we can get it done before episode 7 though, that way we can reach the most people- and actually benefit the charity we choose. :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #161020 by Alethea Thompson
Oh yeah!!! I forgot to mention: if you have exercises or meditations that incorporate the subject those are not only welcome, but encouraged! ^^

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

More
9 years 7 months ago #161046 by J_Roz
I really like this idea. Please let me know how I can help as this continues. This might be a great way to collectively work with other orders too in that everyone gets a say.

"O Great Spirit, Help me always to speak the truth quietly, to listen with an open mind when others speak, and to remember the peace that may be found in silence"

Kaylee: How come you don't care where you're going?
Book: 'Cause how you get there is the worthier part.
Firefly Series

Apprenticed to: Phortis Nespin
Apprentices: None Currently
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #161048 by
I find it a little strange that Jedi want to be taken seriously. I think someone once said that actions speak louder than words. If any professed Jedi commits to action, that person will be taken seriously, whatever he or she calls him/herself. Deeds not words.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #161083 by Alethea Thompson
An individual is an individual- but the question isn't how can individual Jedi be taken seriously, it's "How can Jedi be taken seriously". Tell me, if someone that were a Scientologist were to run for office, do you believe people would take him seriously?

As it stands, I know a Jedi (he's even got works in the Great Jedi Holocron) that is running for Congress- in order to do our best in supporting him, we've ensured his real life name has been wiped from the records. He has also pulled out of the community since he started down a political path. He is still Jedi in every sense of the word- and only a select few will ever know what he has accomplished as a Jedi. With any luck, maybe one of the old guard will survive him and log the story in our history- who knows it might be me. But don't you think it a bit of a tragedy that by just being affiliated with the community might prevent them from achieving some great things? Things greater than you or me? Or maybe even that a Jedi running for Congress?

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Breeze el Tierno

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #161174 by
I will see what sort of things I can find the time to write about :)

I will also volunteer myself for editing, I like to think I have a good grasp of the english language! Haha.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #161177 by steamboat28

Zenchi wrote:

Alethea Thompson wrote: lol, I actually thought to clarify that, but it got lost in my thought process. Thank you for saying that Jestor. :)

Zenchi, I was looking to use CreateSpace, their the ones Opie, Jared Avery Michaels and I have used. Free publishing, they just get their cut of each book the publish and the rest goes to the person with the hold on the account. In this case, I'm going to see if I can't get it to funnel directly into whatever charity decided upon. I'm looking into the logistics.

You don't happen to know if Lulu sells on Amazon, do you?

Lulu is very similar, and yes they do sell through Amazon...

Though, to be fair, having priced both I think you can potentially get out cheaper with CreateSpace if you do most of the layout and design yourself.

source: self-pub'd on CS in 2011, did literally everything myself, cost me exactly $0 monies, except to buy the proof copy to make sure it translated well to paper.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by steamboat28.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 7 months ago #161181 by Jestor

Alethea Thompson wrote: An individual is an individual- but the question isn't how can individual Jedi be taken seriously, it's "How can Jedi be taken seriously". Tell me, if someone that were a Scientologist were to run for office, do you believe people would take him seriously?

As it stands, I know a Jedi (he's even got works in the Great Jedi Holocron) that is running for Congress- in order to do our best in supporting him, we've ensured his real life name has been wiped from the records. He has also pulled out of the community since he started down a political path. He is still Jedi in every sense of the word- and only a select few will ever know what he has accomplished as a Jedi. With any luck, maybe one of the old guard will survive him and log the story in our history- who knows it might be me. But don't you think it a bit of a tragedy that by just being affiliated with the community might prevent them from achieving some great things? Things greater than you or me? Or maybe even that a Jedi running for Congress?

Interesting, and quite the conundrum...

I am in a low level governmental elected position...

I cant really see it being detrimental, but, I can only really see through my own eyes...

Ive thought about running for something that is able to do a little more good, but, I have some reservations, and concerns that being a Jedi doesnt come close to, lol...

When they (inevitably) start throwing up the "honoring of God", they may look sideways at a Jedi...

But, if I ever do run for a higher office? I will use it as my major selling point, lol....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

More
9 years 7 months ago #161253 by Zenchi
Is there an email available to send submissions Alethea?

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
9 years 7 months ago #161288 by Alethea Thompson
SetanaokoMGiva@hotmail.com works :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana