The Reiki Thread :-)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 weeks ago #188960 by
Replied by on topic The Reiki Thread :-)

Jestor wrote: Hannigan, answering questions and having conversations are different....

"Teaching" involves lessons and assignments, "grading" and such....

Discussion doesn't count, generally...

Tone, attitude, etc, etc....

If you feel like you are lecturing, it might be close, lol...

Oh no trust me it would be a teaching post. The questions have so many aspects to cover it would be easier to do a reiki workshop to provide the answer.

I will say in short I am find with the symbols and books on reiki being public. I also do support that concept of self attunement as dr. usui did it himself. The process would not be easy but it would also not be impossible.

I am a odd type of Reiki Master. I do not charge for classes, attunements or treatments. I just use reiki, teach reiki and I am happy with that. Also keep in mind i have not been sick in years so it must work on some level.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #188962 by
I've spoken about my experiences as a Reiki Master-Practitioner in a few threads, and my basic feeling is that it's beneficial on many levels, whether or not one believes in its general effectiveness. I find that it's always (at the very least) relaxing for those receiving treatments, and everyone I know who has gone through Reiki training has found it useful in ways they didn't anticipate. Training and regular practice definitely helped me become a much more patient and compassionate person, and taught me how to be calm and comfortable around others.

I'm an 'if it works, use it' kind of person... and, for me, Reiki has proven a valuable tool. I use it on myself frequently and have given Reiki treatments to friends on occasion. Very few people know I have any connection with Reiki, however. I tend to keep my thoughts on the topic private, as I don't have the time or energy anymore to argue with those who think Reiki has no practical or personal value.

In quick response to what you wrote in your initial post, OB1 - there are many Reiki practitioners who don't 'feel' anything. That's not an indication that your attunements didn't work or that you're going about things incorrectly. I don't know what might have changed between your attunements, but as long as you remain open, focused, and connected, you really can't go wrong.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by .

More
9 years 1 week ago #189113 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic The Reiki Thread :-)

RyuJin wrote: do you have pics of the reiki symbols you're talking about?....i'd like to see if they're the same as the symbols i have...

i dont know how to post the themselves so heres a link to a page with all of the traditional symbols and an explanation of them

http://www.oneworldhealing.net/reiki-healing-2/reiki-symbols/

there are very slight variations in the way people draw the symbols - specifically im thinking of the distance symbol - this site shows them as i was taught that they are drawn

in such a thing my expectation is that its either not crucially important because the symbol represents an intention OR its very important because the symbol actually IS a power sign in and of itself and therefore has to be done a specific way to be effective

People are complicated.

More
9 years 1 week ago #189332 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic The Reiki Thread :-)
I know absolutely nothing about reiki but I'm very interested.
I considered going to a class but they wanted a LOT of money for it and I just can't afford anything that costly right now.
Is reiki something that can be book-learned and practiced on one's own, for one's self? And if someone were to practice on their own, would they be able to provide help for others as well?

I am not sure about the whole "attunement" thing. It only begs the questions "Why?" and "Who attuned the first reiki master?", and if the first reiki master was not attuned by anyone then why can't everyone participate in that?

I suppose I am fundamentally confused as to what reiki is and how it is learned or done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago #189335 by
The first Reiki master was attuned by the Divine on top of a mountain after 40 days of fasting. :P

Get on his level.

More
9 years 1 week ago #189337 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Re:The Reiki Thread :-)

TheDude wrote: I know absolutely nothing about reiki but I'm very interested.
I considered going to a class but they wanted a LOT of money for it and I just can't afford anything that costly right now.
Is reiki something that can be book-learned and practiced on one's own, for one's self? And if someone were to practice on their own, would they be able to provide help for others as well?

I am not sure about the whole "attunement" thing. It only begs the questions "Why?" and "Who attuned the first reiki master?", and if the first reiki master was not attuned by anyone then why can't everyone participate in that?

I suppose I am fundamentally confused as to what reiki is and how it is learned or done.

Back when Mark Anjuu was here, there was a reiki training thread for Temple members. Its been a long time since it was active, but I have expressed an interest in restarting that tradition after my knighthood. Its one of the things I would like to give back to the Temple.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago #189351 by

Connor L. wrote: The first Reiki master was attuned by the Divine on top of a mountain after 40 days of fasting. :P

Get on his level.

Um i think you mixed Dr. Usui with Jesus from christian mythology. Usui was only on the mountain for 30 days. I think Jesus was in the desert for 40 days.

There are 4 major symbols in reiki and some line teach several other. I go over a few in my workshops but i try not to go too over the top with them. The Reiki symbols are more or less focus points in my opinion but some Reiki Masters live by them as you do do air, food and water.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago #189352 by
Replied by on topic Re:The Reiki Thread :-)

steamboat28 wrote:

TheDude wrote: I know absolutely nothing about reiki but I'm very interested.

Back when Mark Anjuu was here, there was a reiki training thread for Temple members. Its been a long time since it was active, but I have expressed an interest in restarting that tradition after my knighthood. Its one of the things I would like to give back to the Temple.

More like their was/is a thread about how Reiki classes will be starting soon. Since 2005 there has never been a generial reiki lass here at totjo, even though there was much talk over it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago #189353 by

MJ Hannigan wrote: Um i think you mixed Dr. Usui with Jesus from christian mythology. Usui was only on the mountain for 30 days. I think Jesus was in the desert for 40 days.

Actually, it varies from manual to manual. I have one book that claims it was only 21 days. Do you have any definitive proof of 30 days? I was just pulling a number out of my ass to be honest.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 week ago #189354 by

Connor L. wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: Um i think you mixed Dr. Usui with Jesus from christian mythology. Usui was only on the mountain for 30 days. I think Jesus was in the desert for 40 days.

Actually, it varies from manual to manual. I have one book that claims it was only 21 days. Do you have any definitive proof of 30 days? I was just pulling a number out of my ass to be honest.

Yes i tallked with Jax, she is old and was there at the time!!! See Ya in August! Unless you tell her what i said then I may be there in spirit form. And actually the 21 days sounds more correct. Keep in mind I am just waking up!!!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi