The Reiki Thread :-)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #188875 by
Replied by on topic The Reiki Thread :-)

OB1Shinobi wrote: Hannigan, if you can offer some insight into why the reiki doesnt seem to flow as well after i received a second reiki 1 attunement i would be very greatful

i was told specifically that if it had any effect at all it would be to make the reiki stronger

I am not attuned, though I have studied it for awhile and I will let Hannigan answer his own way. He knows very well my stance on this subject ;)

Reiki is total fantastical, Lazy Nonsense.

Now that, that is out of the way :-p From your posts one can tell you have doubt, suspicion, and unsurety about the practice. It is because of these feelings that You do not have the promised effects because like most things that are fantastical and divine....you must "....have faith and unwavering belief in order for it to work."

Placebo....is what I call that ;)

Placebo's are not inherently bad things, and if Placebo's work for you...all power to you. Drinking Sugar/Jell~o Water always helped my tummy aches when i was little. Grandpa said so ;) so it must have worked....... :whistle:

As one who studies healing myself however, I do not agree with or put any faith towards such things. Health isn't something that just comes because someone puts their hands over you or thinks about you through e-mail. It comes from lifestyle and informative choices that harmonizes Mind, Body & Spirit. :)

But....That's just me. *Shrugs* I am not a doctor or professional.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #188878 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic The Reiki Thread :-)
the mind controls the body....control the mind and you control the body....

i have seen people get sick because they thought they were sick...

many types of pain are simply in the head...and can be blocked out through focus...other actual pains can likewise be blocked out through focus..

"your focus determines your reality"

what your mind can conceive, your body can achieve....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #188881 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic The Reiki Thread :-)

Mareeka wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: why is it that that you can always find girls with big boobs working at hooters but you never see people with one leg working at IHOP?

I was trying to draw attention to the question versus ANY one.

Mareeka
from what i have seen of your posting i have enjoyed your "chat" as it were - im still pretty new here and my sense of humor does take getting used to for some

i make an effort to curb myself because i realize that i talk shortly to people sometimes and im like this in real life too

intense is one of the nicer words used to describe me by people who like me and understand that i mean well and that i am a quality person

i dont know what to say here really because i would like for there to be positive vibe between you and me - and everyone else for that matter

but i definitely do not agree that my question was worth making any fuss about

i was being playful

it wasnt sexual
it wasnt directed at anybody
it doesnt imply any sort of evaluation or judgement criteria

the question was maybe facetious, certainly flippant, but it was not at all mean spirited or discriminatory or inherently sexual at all

perhaps tiny tim would be offended at my comment, although i dont see that dolly parton would - maybe im wrong

if tiny tim is offended it is probably at IHOP for its misleading title and discriminatory hiring practices

but again i cant say

its ok to not take everything so seriously

its ok not to as well

to me there are 2 kinds of things in the world and 10kinds of people

things that really really matter a lot and things that really just dont matter at all

and

those who get binary jokes and those who dont

what i would like to put out there is this: theres quite a few women in this forum and if my comments were taken as offensive i invite you to PM me

i almost want to say PM a moderator but i dont want to volunteer someone else to handle my mess

basically if the women in general here feel insulted by my "question" then certainly i would like to know that - i dont want to offend people in general and to be honest i particularly dont want to offend the ladies here at the temple

but, if my words were generally taken for what they were, silliness with no negative intent or implication and this is more a case of you being in a bad mood or having had a personal chord struck, or maybe just my way of speaking and you way being different, then thats just something we'll have to get passed and move on

PEACE

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 weeks ago #188882 by
I am a healthcare professional.

While you can show a measure of control over pain, this is not the same as healing.

Pain is a symptom, and it is usually not a good idea to shut it out.

It is an indicator that something is wrong, and that should be addressed.

I have yet to see an alternative medicines or practices heal actual illness.

Make someone who was " feeling out of sort" feel better would not apply in my profession.

Pain in the stomach say, can be a myriad of things, like appendicitis for example.

Reiki will not fix that, and if you wait long enough, then you will die from it.

So then, I ask its effectiveness in dealing with any real serious illness aside from possibly a more positive attitude, which I freely admit is good for you, especially when combating real illness.

If it was as effective as people believed it is, or say it is. Or any of the other various methods of alternative "healing" out there, then I would have to imagine that they would be putting modern medical science out of business.

This is not the case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T556S3XJro

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #188885 by OB1Shinobi
Kit! i agree especially with "health doesnt just come cause someone puts their hsnds over you or email happy happy feelings with sprinkles" (forgive the poetic license lol)

i remember specific cases of people who really just had UNhealthy lifestyles - unhealthy ways of thinking really - and theres not much that can be done with that

health starts with attitude lol

that being said - i positively assert that reiki is not faith based or placebo; theres really a noticable energetic transmission going on

my skepticism is more about the people involved than the energy itself

frankly i do not trust people who crave the title "master"
sorry everybody, i dont wish to be rude and i know most of you all understand what i mean

i hope lol

this is what i mean

the desire to think of oneself as a "master" is self important

im speaking as an american - we have the word still in use in some cases like a master carpenter for example and in the military we have master chiefs but generally I PERSONALLY feel it is distasteful simply because of the slavery issue and also because ive seen that many people crave recognition with the word or title rather than craving the excellence which the title is supposed to represent

i saw this in the reiki and new age community
i dont feel personally offended at new agers but i do recognize the amount of space cadet rocketeeretry and self importance and even outright fraud

BUT! reiki is legit

i cant prove it and i wont blame you or anyoneelse for not taking my word for it but i do "vouch" that theres a positive energy work happening

ive had experiences which have demonstrated this to me conclusively

if you dont believe me give me your email address and ill email you some healing energy to prove it! lol :P

(that was a joke in case its not obvious) :-)

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 weeks ago #188886 by
I have one concern and one quesition on the hooters diddy

which happens to be the same . . . maybe the youth officer can advise?

Youth . . .

Is that acceptable for the under 18 crowd in open discussion?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #188887 by OB1Shinobi
Hooters is the name of a popular "FAMILY FRIENDLY" sports restaurant chain

they are known for buffallo chicken wings, sports and attractive waitresses

People are complicated.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #188888 by OB1Shinobi
i may just isolate myself from everybody here lol

to those who havent experienced reiki first hand im obviously not going to convince.you ifyou dont want to be convinced, and i dont make any wild claims about what it can do

but

it is a healing or say therapeutic experiemce similar to the way you might consider massage a therapeutic experience

imo its better than massage but that may just bepersonal preference

imo its supplemental to a healthy lifestyle and in that way its very valuable but definitely it should not be viewed as the solution to serious health issues

one thing that maybe doesnt get enough emphasis on it is the reiki principles;

just for today;

i will not be angry

i will not worry

i will be gratefull

i will work dilligently and honestly

i will show kindness to all

those principles right there have a great effect on health over time so long as the immediate nutritional and activity issues of health are also met

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 weeks ago #188893 by
Why better than a massage?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #188896 by
Absolutely. The moral principles of Reiki certainly have good lessons and precepts to follow. Even the power of thought is a lesson many have failed to learn. Energy and the use of energy is also a very valid concept, absolutely.

But the actual use, technique, and intent of Reiki is what I disagree on.

I am uncertain where Connor got his question about massage (Very likely I missed something) But "Massage" is actually a great example of "Energy" being used practically vs "...email happy happy feelings with sprinkles" which you so eloquently stated. ;)

The reason for this is because of several elements. The most important of which is the practical use and application of touch and manipulation which encourages blood flow, oxygen flow, and the releasing of tension...The energy work a byproduct of all elements coming together in harmony. I would take Proper Massage over "Laying of hands" any day.

Note: I have been patient to a great many Reiki practitioners thanks to a very real injury they all claimed ability to heal....and did not. Proper exercise and supplements was the true healer. (Injury: Pulled shoulder out of socket after a freak yearling horse incident which caused a pinched nerve and 2 years of challenging faith and healing)
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi