Jedi diet

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #155934 by
Jedi diet was created by
I don't see anything that says that Jedi have to have a specific diet (thank goodness) but I was wondering what kind of diet the members here have.

I, for one, eat lots of meat and am working on increasing my fruits and vegetable intake.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #155938 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Jedi diet
No, there are no required diets to be Jedi, at least not around TOTJO. ;)

I'm underweight for my age/height, so I try to stock up on a full-calorie intake including high proteins for muscle development, many healthy carbs for energy management, high fiber for maximum digestive and absorption, while keeping the "added sugars" down to a minimum. This includes lots of 2% milk, whole wheat bread, whole wheat cereals, pastas, fruits and nuts, brown and white rice, beef, chicken, ham, salmon and tuna, and various vegetables (selection only limited to my personal taste) such as corn, broccoli, carrots, celery, lettuce, garlic, parsley, potatoes (not exactly in the family), pickles, etc, and fruits such as bananas, strawberries, apples, oranges, peaches, honeydew melons, dates, figs, kiwi, mango, pears, tomatoes, and watermelon.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Llama Su, Edan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #155939 by
Replied by on topic Jedi diet
There will be as many different answers here as there are Jedi, I imagine :)

I stick with the "ovo-lacto vegetarian" diet (mostly - minus the milk! :P ), simply because I've tried so many things and have found it works best for me. I try to avoid refined grains and sugar. Again, this is simply because I have taken a lot of time observing myself and how I feel after I eat. I wouldn't recommend my diet to anyone else but rather suggest they take the time to listen to what their body is saying (ie: heart burn, indigestion, etc.) and adjust accordingly. I think different people need different things and shouldn't try to fit into something that just doesn't work for them.

Good luck! :cheer:
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #155946 by
This is a subject I had very little interest in until about a month ago.

My wife started cooking with non-GMO ingredients and we started eating organic foods, only eat eggs/meat from free range chickens, grass-fed and free range cattle, etc.

All I can say is I notice a difference between that and other foods. How my body feels. We also cut WAY down on fast food.

We're not health nuts by any means (we like ourselves a nice big frozen custard and donuts now and then) but we just cut way back on the consumption of that stuff.

I think it's made a positive difference in our bodies. And the good thing about our Jedi beliefs is that there isn't a one size fits all approach to this stuff. You do what's best for you by trying different things.

More
9 years 8 months ago #155948 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Jedi diet

Learn_To_Know wrote: This is a subject I had very little interest in until about a month ago.

My wife started cooking with non-GMO ingredients and we started eating organic foods, only eat eggs/meat from free range chickens, grass-fed and free range cattle, etc.

It seems there's no requirement here in the UK to label foods that have GM ingredients or may have been exposed to GM foods. Difficult to make a choice when you don't even know where the choices lay. :dry:

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #155949 by
It's not a requirement here either. My wife did a lot of research on the big food companies to figure out which ones use GMOs and which ones don't.

It's become somewhat of a trendy thing for companies to label if they are GMO free or not (and since you can't outright lie on the label) it helps a bit in choosing foods.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #155951 by
As important as what you eat is to be mindful when you eat. Chew each mouthful and consider the origin of the food you are consuming. It passes on it's energy to you and I think that's something to be thankful for and worthy of your consideration. Eating then becomes a meditation and a rather tasty one at that.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 8 months ago #155956 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi diet
I eat primarily meats,fish,nuts, and other high protein things, I tend to avoid vegetables as they never satisfy my hunger...as has been mentioned, listen to your body, it knows what you need and when....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 8 months ago #155958 by
I was waiting for you to chime in RyuJin because from past posts/wall posts I knew you had an interesting diet. And you didn't disappoint!

Few veggies! Lol.

You are going against years and years of studies and tests on the value of veggies, but don't think I'm making fun: your rogue, do whatever the hell I want attitude is fun to read about.

I know what you mean about veggies not being very filling though. You have to eat A LOT of them. A neighbor of mine is about 6'2 225 and is in phenomenal shape. Ripped and rolling if you know what I mean. But that guy has to eat veggies almost all day to stay full. Add in the protein and fruit that he gets and he's got a great diet.

I remember the famed tony horton say, if you exercise and weight train hard, you'll be stronger but you won't look it unless you're eating the right foods. I'd say that is true for the majority of us. Some people just have some unique internal plumbing and can still look awesome when eating junk.

So like you said, gotta do what works best and feels best for your body.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 8 months ago #155961 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi diet
Lol...it doesn't take a lot of meat to satisfy the hunger...after my appendectomy I was told no meat for 2-3weeks....I made it 3 days before was too weak to stand longer than a few minutes...plus how many "healthy looking" vegans/vegetarians have you seen...most of the ones I've met were pale/pasty, underweight, they looked like their ribs were xylophones...bony is not beautiful...and they were always getting sick from one thing or another...

One of my co-lateral duties in the military was fitness coordinator then I worked as a dietary aid in a nursing home...the one constant is every body has the same basic requirements, but has to meet them in different ways...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi