Jedi diet

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156092 by
Replied by on topic Jedi diet

RyuJin wrote: Donating blood is a good way to find out what your blood type and cholesterol levels are while also helping your community.... just saying ;)

I donated blood once and they didn't tell me what type I was. I was disappointed by that because I really wanted to know. Also I enjoyed making the person who stuck me with the needle uncomfortable. She seemed very surprised that I wanted to watch as she did it. I just didn't like the idea of being stabbed while I wasn't looking.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 7 months ago #156096 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi diet
They didn't send you a little card in the mail with that info? Did you mark it on the paperwork?...maybe it was just something they did when I donated...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156097 by

RyuJin wrote: They didn't send you a little card in the mail with that info? Did you mark it on the paperwork?...maybe it was just something they did when I donated...

None of that. I donated back in high school at a school blood drive as opposed to going into a clinic or hospital if that makes any difference.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156098 by RyuJin
I donated at a work blood drive...of course I worked at a nursing home at the time...

For a pretty accurate and thorough perspective on diet and nutrition check out the great jedi holocron starting on page 1613 (if using adobe acrobat/reader)....my diet closely resembles what it refers to as the "darth maul diet"...vegetarians/vegans closely resemble the "yoda diet"

Btw just prior to posting this I had dinner...a nice big steak, cooked to perfection...rare and barely warm in the middle....wish there was more of it....

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by RyuJin.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156111 by
Goken - If you remember the name of the blood bank that ran the drive at your school, they will still have your information on record. Most blood banks will test you for free as well.

I'm O+ which makes me a universal donor so my local blood bank calls me every 6 weeks on the day to come in. At last count I have donated just over 4 gallons of blood in my lifetime. I look at it like changing the oil in my car. Giving blood forces your body to rapidly produce new blood cells while flushing out some of the waste as well.

On a side note, my buddy and I like to race to see who can fill the bag faster. It's good competition, but if I sit up too fast afterward I pass out.

I like to think donating is a selfless act of saving a life, but on the topic of Jedi diet, I also really enjoy the free cookies and snacks :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156125 by
My friends and I all pitch to buy bulk produce. Every morning it's usually a banana smoothie alternating between adding dates, berries, pineapples, mangos, hemp seeds, chia seeds, almonds, coconut oil, spinach and kale. I will drink at least half an entire pitcher and I'm usually good until the late afternoon. In between I'll munch on pieces of fruit mostly. We'll also usually make carrot and apple juice alternating between adding beets, spinach, kale, ginger.

Lately I've been enjoying turkey sandwiches with avocados, tomatoes, onions, spinach, and larrupin mustard. :D But it's usually a treat and when I have the fruit I'm good. When you start eating a mostly raw diet a lot of people underestimate how much they really have to eat in order to meet their caloric intakes. Fruits are the most efficient source of energy and they each have their own unique profile of micronutrients. You'd have to eat 30 bananas a day if you were to just eat bananas to get your calories. It sounds crazy but fruit is also packed full of amino acids and so you're getting the protein you need too, there are small amounts of fat in some of the oils too but this is where nuts and oils play a roll. There's vegan bodybuilders just as big as those who consume meat and dairy. Industrial meat and dairy production, well all of the agricultural production is insanely toxic. The fertilizers are industrial chemical byproducts that cannot legally be thrown away so now they just sell it and get others to dump it so they not only can get rid of their waste but also make money off it. The conditions alone of these factory farms that most of you are probably aware of create diseases and sickness requiring chemical treatments. They rinse the meat with ammonia to kill bacteria, just as they bleach all the grains. The shocking stuff is when you actually look into the levels of heavy metals in most of the processed food in general, even organic processed food.

Any dentist will tell you our mouths are not designed to eat meat, but it sure is tasty believe and I personally believe we should eat whatever we want. There are conflicting views with every diet, the clean, grass fed and free range meats are full of nutrients as well and good fats, even grass fed beef has a compound called CLA which is anticarcinogenic, loads of omega 3's that reduce inflammation. It's just hard on the body to produce enzymes to break down all the meat and it gets stuck in the intestines so it's just not as efficient as a vegan diet. People take it further because even steaming your food kills of the enzymes which help facilitate digestion.

Back to what I eat though after eating mostly fruit for dinner I'll have presoaked or cooked combinations of quinoa, lentils, rice and beans. With that I'll prepare usually broccoli, onions, garlic, peppers, and add seasoning and other veggies. This is very simple, nourishing and satiating. I don't crave anything when I stay on top of it and I feel great. My friend and I are planning on going to the Living Light Culinary Institute, anyone find what I have shared interesting should look around their website at http://rawfoodchef.com/. Douglas Graham's 80/10/10 diet is very fun to look at you should get his book or listen to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgHKOccxawc

Again, I believe in freedom and that you should eat whatever you want to eat. Nobody is perfect and honestly the body can truly handle a lot. But I think it's very enlightening to look up ingredients of your food products and even your hygiene products so you can really see for yourself one of the major sources of our diseases and cancers.
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 7 months ago #156128 by RyuJin
I would starve eating that stuff....I've tried many different diets and none satisfy me like my current one does...

Dentists get a kick out of my teeth....my molars, which are supposed to be flattish for grinding foods, are all angular and jagged like most carnivorous animals and they work great at tearing chunks of meat, my canine teeth are extended like those of a carnivore and no they are not caps or any dental tricks, they're completely natural...my upstairs neighbor is a vampire and keeps mentioning how he wished his canines were extended like mine then he wouldn't have had to spend a bunch of money on ceramic fangs...any diet other than what I eat normally just runs straight through me, in a messy sort of way :sick:

I'll stick to my diet of mostly tearing chunks of meat ,chewing 3 or 4 times and swallowing....its worked for me for 38+years...

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156131 by

RyuJin wrote: my molars, which are supposed to be flattish for grinding foods, are all angular and jagged like most carnivorous animals and they work great at tearing chunks of meat...my upstairs neighbor is a vampire

All you need is a ghost to move in with you two and you'll have the cast of Being Human! :laugh:

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
9 years 7 months ago #156136 by RyuJin

Psyddhattha wrote:

RyuJin wrote: my molars, which are supposed to be flattish for grinding foods, are all angular and jagged like most carnivorous animals and they work great at tearing chunks of meat...my upstairs neighbor is a vampire

All you need is a ghost to move in with you two and you'll have the cast of Being Human! :laugh:

Funny enough when I moved in to this apartment the kitchen cabinets and drawers used to open on their own even though no one was in the kitchen, I'd hear music from a yet to be identified source, and some mornings I'd wake up and see some weird writing on the walls that went under the objects I had fastened to them...and earlier tonight I heard silverware rattling around in the sink, when I went to investigate the sink and kitchen were empty...for anyone to get to the kitchen they have to pass my always open bedroom door...

Quotes:

The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #159406 by
Jedi - the temple of the Force. What eats Jedi is very important. Intemperance in food and intemperance in life leads to the dark side of force. From this action to occur illness and mental disorder. I am sure that the correct and healthy diet is important. Alcohol and binge eating destroys the psyche of the Jedi.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi