Jedi diet

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156003 by
Replied by on topic Jedi diet
There is a diet called the blood type diet. It suggests that certain blood types evolved as our diets changed and this is represented by the types of food most suitable for the different blood groups. For example, I'm an O type which is the original blood type when humans were hunter gatherers. The diet suggests lots of meat and vegetables and less refined products. Like Ryu I feel weak after only a few days without meat. What blood group are those of you who feel better on a vegetarian diet?
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156006 by

Psyddhattha wrote: What blood group are those of you who feel better on a vegetarian diet?

A+

More
9 years 7 months ago #156026 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Jedi diet
I looked up the blood type diet Psyddhattha, very interesting. ;)
Link to site for Blood Type Diet and Info

I happen to be O+ The universal donor. :P And honestly, I feel my best when I eat fruits and nuts and meats. I like all natural foods that are simple. My lunch usually consists of a handfull of died fruit, a handfull of nuts, maybe some jerky and a glass of juice, water or milk. And I love it.

If I eat something cooked I often get lethargic and bloated. I just want to lie around and let it digest. But when I eat what I am craving I am very energetic and in the move.

It could be coincidence or there could be something to it, but the blood type diet seems interesting. ;)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156032 by
The diet isn't backed by scientific evidence and I don't follow it myself but I have a friend that does. I think it's an interesting concept and I just wondered if there was anything in it when this discussion came up.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156061 by

tzb wrote:

Psyddhattha wrote: What blood group are those of you who feel better on a vegetarian diet?

A+

Same.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156070 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi diet
B+ myself...

Hah after reading that info it turns out I'm already eating and acting appropriate for my blood type...most of the observations they mention are spot on for me...

Type o=hunter/gatherer...originates from cradle of life
Type a=farmer...originates from western europe
Type b=nomad...originates from india,east asia,mongolia

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by RyuJin.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #156084 by
Hi...

Haha, I totally agree on a lot of meat intake, I eat WAYYY to much haha. But anyways, I believe that you should customize it to your own scenario. For example, if you lack height or strength. Then it would possibly be a good idea to have a good intake of meat(That is reasonable, not too much as it makes you feel like c*ap, and also can make you puke or have eggy burps which are vile). Another scenario is perhaps someone who is extremely unhealthy(Fast Food, ETC) then maybe a good intake of salad would be good. Nothing like a good salad to keep the conscience in good order :D

So my point I am trying to get across is, that Jediism is about being yourself, maintaining and using your body to it's best effect. So keeping it in good order is probably a good idea and the best way to do that is via eating(My favourite "Hobby" :P). But anyways. Happy eating :D

-James

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156086 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Jedi diet
The blood type diets look interesting... however I have no idea what my blood type is!

Generally I know what makes me feel good and what doesn't... reasonable amount of meat, a few grains, lots of veg = happy me... sugar + dairy = unhappy me.

When I eat rubbish food I start to crave vegetables..

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Edan.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156089 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi diet
You're likely type a or ab....type b is a rare type while type o is most common...

All the military members will know theirs as it gets stamped on our tags

Donating blood is a good way to find out what your blood type and cholesterol levels are while also helping your community.... just saying ;)

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by RyuJin.

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #156091 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Jedi diet

You're likely type a or ab

AB negative is in my family so it's possible

Donating blood is a good way to find out what your blood type and cholesterol levels are while also helping your community

I have needle phobia... I'd love to donate blood but I can't even have a blood test without passing out :dry: I am working on it though... the first time I pretty much ran from the phlebotomist (I have had about 15 blood tests in the past 2 years, so I can actually get through it now.. just!)

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by Edan.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi