Workout Check-In Thread

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #162709 by
Replied by on topic Workout Check-In Thread
Day 1-2 of returning to normal PT habits (4-5 times a week) post knee problems

Day 1:

Ran a mile and change up the biggest hill on the base I live on and did 3 sets of 25 push ups, 35 squats and 45 sit-ups. Ran back home and wanted to die

Day 2:

Ran three loops around base housing (provably in the neighborhood of three miles) took about 20-25 minutes (rough estimate) stretched. Feel like I got my butt kicked this morning

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 6 months ago #162884 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Workout Check-In Thread
Day 17 checking in.

Today was yoga, 40 minutes. My muscles are in that kind of achy state at the moment from the work I've been doing ( :) ) so it was hard, but actually it was the best one I've done so far. I attempted, and (bar a few failed attempts in which I fell on my face and laughed at myself), I managed to do Bakasana / Crow pose. For anyone that is interested, crow pose is where you lean forwards on your hands looking forward, and balance your knees on the back of your arms. It is not easy and I've failed previously, but the fact I managed it today means that I am definitely stronger than when I started, which is good.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

More
9 years 6 months ago #163165 by Edan
Days 18 - 20 checking in

Day 18 was a rest day
Day 19 was an unintentional rest day (to be made up tomorrow)
Day 20 (today) was a 45 minute run (40 minutes running, 5 minute cool down). Was hard starting off but I made it through even though it was the longest run I've done so far. I keep getting a stitch under the right side of my ribs which is getting annoying now. Best track of the run was 'I'm a Monster' by Terminal Choice.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #163168 by
Did some stuff at the gym. Ropes, sit ups, slamming a medicine ball, bosu ball pushups since the regular ones have lost their pizazz, some pull ups. Oh, and pushing the weighted sled. That one takes a lot out of you. About 200 pounds, as fast as you can.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by .

More
9 years 6 months ago #163454 by Edan
Days 21 - 23 checking in.

21 was an unintentional rest day. I have no excuse other than I really didn't feel like it.

22 was yoga for 40 minutes. After main practise was over I spent some time working on Bakasana (crow pose), videoing myself to check my posture. Did better than last time but still need to work on my strength in order to hold it for any length of time.

23 (today) was a 40 minute run (35 running, 5 cooldown). With running there's a kind of peak that I need to get to before I'm comfortable in the run, usually around the 10 minute mark. So the first 10 minutes were hard as always but actually the rest of the run felt easier than previous ones. My legs still ache but I didn't feel nearly as out of breath or overheated as I normally do.
Best track of the run was Woody Guthrie by Alabama 3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163548 by
killed it pretty good yesterday. gym in the AM, chest, upper back, abs. 3 mile jog around 6pm, lovely sunset, perfect weather.

More
9 years 6 months ago #163575 by Edan
Day 24 checking in.

Surprise hour of badminton today with my lodger after work. He won, every game, as always, however it was a good cardio workout.

More
9 years 6 months ago #163763 by Edan
Days 25 and 26 checking in.

Day 25 was a rest day.
Day 26 (today) was a run at the gym; I went earlier because I have the day off. In hindsight I think I probably should have taken a rest day, I felt lightheaded and not right at work yesterday, and today I thought I was alright until I started running when I felt horrible. I pushed through for 30 minutes but it was not a good run and I think I may feel worse for it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163795 by
Hi! I am not sure what workout programs you all do. I was working out up until 2 weeks ago when I torn my calf muscle running sprints. Coupled with the fact that I was suffering from tennis elbow I have not gone to the gym in 2 weeks now. Honestly.... it is about to kill me! LOL
I go back to the doc for a check up on my leg next week and hope to get back to doing at least a light workout next week.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 6 months ago #163909 by
10 mile walk yesterday
40 minute run today
Funeral 2:45pm tomorrow :D

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi