Workout Check-In Thread

More
9 years 7 months ago #160272 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Workout Check-In Thread
Day 2 of my training programme to 5 miles... ran 35 minutes today... managed about 2.5 miles so got some improvement to do. Didn't start finding it tough until about 22 minutes which is about 7 minutes better than last time.

Best track of the workout was, by far, Loco by Coal Chamber.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #160275 by
Replied by on topic Workout Check-In Thread

Edan wrote: Day 2 of my training programme to 5 miles... ran 35 minutes today... managed about 2.5 miles so got some improvement to do. Didn't start finding it tough until about 22 minutes which is about 7 minutes better than last time.

Nice that you also post your workout tunes with it :P I tend to have a nack for working out with that kind of style of music.
I remember a rugby tournament from a while ago, Prodigy smack my bitch up came blasting tru the speakers at the right time. Well you can imagine the rest :P

More
9 years 7 months ago #160287 by Edan

Doomeniek wrote:

Edan wrote: Day 2 of my training programme to 5 miles... ran 35 minutes today... managed about 2.5 miles so got some improvement to do. Didn't start finding it tough until about 22 minutes which is about 7 minutes better than last time.

Nice that you also post your workout tunes with it :P I tend to have a nack for working out with that kind of style of music.
I remember a rugby tournament from a while ago, Prodigy smack my bitch up came blasting tru the speakers at the right time. Well you can imagine the rest :P

My gym plays music that sounds like it belongs in a night club so I have to do something to improve it (read.. drown it out :P)

The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 7 months ago #160525 by Edan
Day 3 checking in... yoga only today for 40 minutes concentrating on hamstrings.. no music today.

More
9 years 7 months ago #161450 by Edan
Days 4 - 9 checking in

Day 4 was a rest day
Day 5 run for 30 minutes, however I was feeling utterly rubbish so it was not a productive run - can't remember the music
Day 6 another 30 minute run - best track was Halo by Machine Head.
Day 7 was another rest day
Day 8 was 40 minutes of yoga
Day 9 (today) was a great run, went for 35 minutes and beat my time for 2.5 miles so feeling pretty damn happy. Best track of the run was Soul on Fire by Saint Jude (made me want to dance on the treadmill!)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #161451 by
Replied by on topic Workout Check-In Thread
I twisted my ankle trail running yesterday, so nothing for me today. Still felt guilty.

More
9 years 7 months ago #161453 by Edan

Desolous wrote: I twisted my ankle trail running yesterday, so nothing for me today. Still felt guilty.

Can't feel guilty for an injury... perhaps unless you use it as an excuse for 12 months... (no that's not my knee I'm feeling guilty about!) :P

More
9 years 7 months ago #161588 by Edan
Day 10 checking in...

One hour of yoga ...definitely feeling it in my muscles today. Good good.

More
9 years 6 months ago #162132 by Edan
Days 11-13 checking in.

11 was a rest day, 12 should have been a run but I went out so I will be running sunday instead.

13 (today) was a great run... ran for 5 minutes longer. Going to start gradually increasing time so I can get up to the 5 miles (8k). Ran about 4.5k today. - best track of the run was Slipknot - Before I Forget.

More
9 years 6 months ago #162703 by Edan
Days 14 - 16 checking in

Day 14 was supposed to have been my catch up, but my knee was painful and I would rather blow my one day of my training schedule than injure my knee. If I did that I wouldn't be running at all and I ain't giving up.

Day 15 was 40 minutes of yoga. Definitely felt it.. stomach still hurts when I try to sit up.

Day 16 (today) was a 40 minute run (35 actual running and 5 minutes cooldown). Best track was System of a Down - Aerials. Today's run wasn't the easiest (having to take a phone call in the middle doesn't help) but I didn't feel like I wanted to quit until about 31 minutes which is pretty good.

From now on the runs are going to start getting longer so it's going to keep getting harder...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi