New Degree System of Jediism?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 21:14 - 31 Jan 2016 21:15 #225573 by
Replied by on topic New Degree System of Jediism?
What does a div. covers, what a rank does not? I feel confused even more now.. :unsure:
Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 21:15 by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2016 21:19 - 31 Jan 2016 21:20 #225574 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic New Degree System of Jediism?

Connor L. wrote: IOne other thing, where was this when we were discussing the Degree Scheme last year

Is that to me? AFAIK the Committee was setup to investigate and brainstorm how to build a degree scheme, not why to have one. I'd assume they'd already have a purpose or quickly agree on one at the outset, otherwise why have a committee about it. If it was a committee about 'what is the purpose of the degree scheme' then that would have been my feedback, but I thought you guys were working on the best way to develop a program. But I wasn't on the committee so I wouldn't know.

As to the rest of your post. Milestone's are useful in helping people apply themselves more effectively by giving them something tangible to schedule with their other activities. Validation about achievement is optional, but certainly inherit in effort that equates to progress. I could equally argue it is more of an exercise to undertake it and not feel validation then ignore it not to feel validation.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 21:20 by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 21:22 #225575 by

Aqua wrote: What does a div. covers, what a rank does not? I feel confused even more now.. :unsure:

To answer this, you have to look beyond the Senior Knighthood ranks.

Because, the IP + Apprenticeship = the A Div. Degree (meaning there is NO difference).

The Senior Knight is the B Div. Degree (so, one and the same again).

So. I ask again... ??? What is the point if they are the same thing?

More
31 Jan 2016 21:23 #225576 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic New Degree System of Jediism?
The confusion is calling it a degree scheme at all.

Essentially, there is no degree scheme. There is rank, with an unhelpful additional name.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 21:25 #225577 by

Adder wrote:

Connor L. wrote: IOne other thing, where was this when we were discussing the Degree Scheme last year

Is that to me? AFAIK the Committee was setup to investigate and brainstorm how to build a degree scheme, not why to have one. I'd assume they'd already have a purpose or quickly agree on one at the outset, otherwise why have a committee about it. If it was a committee about 'what is the purpose of the degree scheme' then that would have been my feedback, but I thought you guys were working on the best way to develop a program. But I wasn't on the committee so I wouldn't know.

As to the rest of your post. Milestone's are useful in helping people apply themselves more effectively by giving them something tangible to schedule with their other activities. Validation about achievement is optional, but certainly inherit in effort that equates to progress. I could equally argue it is more of an exercise to undertake it and not feel validation then ignore it not to feel validation.

Sorry, Adder. That was actually to Akkarin.

I know why the committee was set up (I created and headed it up..). But, I quickly had sort of an existential crisis about the degree scheme and stepped down. The committee was set up to create the degree scheme, yes, but I couldn't find a good enough reason to create one. That was the problem.

The milestones are covered in the rank though.
IP + Apprenticeship = A Div.
Knighthood = B Div. (completing 200 more points making one a Senior Knight)

So, if that's the purpose, then it's superfluous.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 21:25 #225578 by

Edan wrote: The confusion is calling it a degree scheme at all.

Essentially, there is no degree scheme. There is rank, with an unhelpful additional name.

Right. That is essentially the boiling down of it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 21:26 - 31 Jan 2016 21:26 #225579 by

Connor L. wrote:

Aqua wrote: What does a div. covers, what a rank does not? I feel confused even more now.. :unsure:

That part I asked in similar way earlier in the topic.. Indeed.. what is the difference :unsure:

Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 21:26 by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2016 21:28 #225580 by
There isn't, that's the problem we have when people bring up the degree scheme.

More
31 Jan 2016 21:29 - 31 Jan 2016 21:29 #225581 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic New Degree System of Jediism?

Aqua wrote:

Connor L. wrote:

That part I asked in similar way earlier in the topic.. Indeed.. what is the difference :unsure:

Edan wrote: Essentially, there is no degree scheme. There is rank, with an unhelpful additional name.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 21:29 by Edan.

More
31 Jan 2016 21:31 - 31 Jan 2016 21:36 #225582 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic New Degree System of Jediism?
Ah, oh well in my proposal the 'degree' is quite literally the depth of study ie the degree of commitment to the application of effort :lol:
But in more practical terms it would be the topics outlined in the IP. I'm not sure if those topics represent 'Divinity', but why not, we could add some more Core topics in higher awards to align it more with traditional Divinity degrees.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 31 Jan 2016 21:36 by Adder.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi