Gun Control

More
4 years 9 months ago #340730 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Gun Control
Serious question - what’s the best way to see a Saber belonging to a Jeddist?

Ask them to see it.

As an individual and as a modern day Jeddist - I cary around nothing. Not a thing. Gun control is a hard issue because you can “control” every one. Can’t do it. We all know the more they as law makers may grab the more can slip away. We all know here in the Temple -( I hope) laws are for guides of every day life not every second accountability- or is it ?
Gun control? Taser controls ? Stick and chain controls ? Maybe knife and sword control? What if we just quit being a society who ask so much from so many from every one ? I rarely call the cops - will I call em ? Probly ... after the fact - EMS Firefighters - I’ll call them in a minute but cops - yea ... I stray away from that.
Personally - I rarely drive. There are times I look on the road and it’s painfully clear there is no one actually “looking” at the road - every ones glancing down at their phones ... at the same time - so I tend not to drive a lot.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #340731 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Gun Control
Zealot, I just want to ask. I live in IL a state that has pretty strict gun regulation.

Do you know any of the steps an average person in IL has to do to get a gun? Do you know about the rights you sign away for a conceal carry permit here?

You understand that automatic weapons are heavily regulated on the federal level. To the point that you either need to be quite wealthy to even apply for the class 3 license which in most cases is only handed to large businesses or historical operations. In all other cases automatic weapons are 100% illegal. Modifying civilian model to automatic can be done but it is actually quite difficult and will often fail and ruin the weapon. '

As for "ghost guns", when you build a rifle from custom order parts to build a weapon upon completion of the weapon you are supposed to report there serial number of the upper receiver to the state (in most states, like 47 of them) as a system of tracking similar to that of a gun you would buy in a shop. Making the owner of an unregistered fire arm a law breaker, so how do you enforce that besides that when found these weapons are taken and destroyed.

I just need to know how much you know of gun control spread through the 50 states, so I can make a counter-argument. I actually am in favor of certain measures being taken but we need to establish the starting line before we get off to the race.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
4 years 9 months ago #340732 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Gun Control

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Gun control? Taser controls ? Stick and chain controls ? Maybe knife and sword control? What if we just quit being a society who ask so much from so many from every one ? I rarely call the cops - will I call em ? Probly ... after the fact - EMS Firefighters - I’ll call them in a minute but cops - yea ... I stray away from that.
Personally - I rarely drive. There are times I look on the road and it’s painfully clear there is no one actually “looking” at the road - every ones glancing down at their phones ... at the same time - so I tend not to drive a lot.

If we only made laws thinking about the average person we would be ignoring the worst behavior. I don't want gun control to control the good people. But it has to be in effect for good people in order to catch bad people. It seems like every 3 months we have a major mass shooting. Each of these shooters "rarely" kills people. So I'm not interested in the rarely because rarely multiplied by tens or hundreds, or thousands, is too often and the casualties are too many.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
4 years 9 months ago #340733 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Gun Control

ZealotX wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Gun control? Taser controls ? Stick and chain controls ? Maybe knife and sword control? What if we just quit being a society who ask so much from so many from every one ? I rarely call the cops - will I call em ? Probly ... after the fact - EMS Firefighters - I’ll call them in a minute but cops - yea ... I stray away from that.

If we only made laws thinking about the average person we would be ignoring the worst behavior. I don't want gun control to control the good people. But it has to be in effect for good people in order to catch bad people. It seems like every 3 months we have a major mass shooting. Each of these shooters "rarely" kills people. So I'm not interested in the rarely because rarely multiplied by tens or hundreds, or thousands, is too often and the casualties are too many.

Isn’t it those rare moments that makes the headlines? Isn’t the extremes that always make the reasons why ... we have laws? Any case you argue for or against can result in as many “parallel “ situations where one payed attention to the actual laws . I dislike lawbreakers .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
4 years 9 months ago #340734 by ZealotX

Kobos wrote: Zealot, I just want to ask. I live in IL a state that has pretty strict gun regulation.

Do you know any of the steps an average person in IL has to do to get a gun? Do you know about the rights you sign away for a conceal carry permit here?

You understand that automatic weapons are heavily regulated on the federal level. To the point that you either need to be quite wealthy to even apply for the class 3 license which in most cases is only handed to large businesses or historical operations. In all other cases automatic weapons are 100% illegal. Modifying civilian model to automatic can be done but it is actually quite difficult and will often fail and ruin the weapon. '

As for "ghost guns", when you build a rifle from custom order parts to build a weapon upon completion of the weapon you are supposed to report there serial number of the upper receiver to the state (in most states, like 47 of them) as a system of tracking similar to that of a gun you would buy in a shop. Making the owner of an unregistered fire arm a law breaker, so how do you enforce that besides that when found these weapons are taken and destroyed.

I just need to know how much you know of gun control spread through the 50 states, so I can make a counter-argument. I actually am in favor of certain measures being taken but we need to establish the starting line before we get off to the race.

Much Love, Respect and Peace,
Kobos

Great post. Honestly, I don't consider individual state policies that much in this argument for the simple fact that people will use that to say "oh well its not working in X state". If Fireworks sales are not allowed in your state you can simply drive, usually, to the next state over. Same with guns. I think those regulations in IL are good but if it's not federal then you can simply go to another state or import your guns from another state.

https://thefederalist.com/2017/10/02/actual-federal-laws-regulating-machine-guns-u-s/

hence bump stocks...

As far as concealed carry permits, that's something gun owners following the law will seek. I'm more interested in policies that would prevent mass shootings and easily obtained guns and ammo for criminal activity, not over regulate law abiding citizens.

I personally watched an unstable young man take his gun (probably obtained illegally) and buy ammunition (I drove him in an effort to talk him down) from Walmart so he could shoot his 'baby momma'. And I just kept thinking, it shouldn't be this easy.

Sometimes all people need is time to breathe, calm down, and someone to talk to or vent to. But a lot of people are getting socialized into a basically modern terrorist cells based on hatred and anger. Someone asked this latest shooter, "why are you doing this" and he said "because I'm angry".

Can you stop someone like this? Maybe not. But maybe the idea should be to slow them down so that maybe somewhere in the process of obtaining the weapon or paying for insurance or "Something"... someone can notice, before its too late, that this guy has some ideas that don't mix well with guns. In other words... There's motive and opportunity. If someone already has a motive and you can find it out then I would do everything possible to prevent them from getting a gun. Most other countries don't have this problem. The solution doesn't have to be perfect. Traffic laws aren't perfect. People still die. But if we can prevent even 1 mass shooting, that's enough to me.

If each gun had a title and registration like a car and was tracked it would always have an owner and you could see whether it was currently registered or not. You could see if the owner has a valid license. I would even add some kind of GPS locator that can be triggered by police 1. when an owner reports it missing. 2. trigger all gps chips in a 5 mile radius of a reported crime. They are chipping dogs. Why not guns? And like a body cam on a police officer it doesn't have to be on all the time.

You bring up a good point about people creating their own. In these cases I would keep track of certain materials used to build or customize and would give a person a small window of time to register and have the finished gun sent to the FBI which would then add a serial and send it back. If the person doesn't do that in the window I would launch a full investigation and assess their level of threat. If their threat level was higher than the threshold I would confiscate their guns and any equipment used to make them. In my state even brass knuckles are illegal. I see no reason why we can't have sensible gun control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 9 months ago #340736 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Gun Control
Gun regulation at state level makes no sense when there is frictionless movement across state borders.

I think gun insurance is a good idea.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, ZealotX

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago #340738 by
Replied by on topic Gun Control

ren wrote: Gun regulation at state level makes no sense when there is frictionless movement across state borders.

Ammunition control could be practical, as well.
There's a country in Europe (I forget which, I'm sorry) where 2nd amendment pushers like to point out the extremely low crime rate, attempting to link that to the very high number of citizens owning fire arms- ignoring several other factors, most relevant being that nobody owns enough ammunition to do serious harm against groups. They specially issue ammunition at shooting ranges, what isn't used is confiscated before you leave, and there are regular inspections to ensure that citizens are in compliance with volume and storage regulations.

More
4 years 9 months ago #340740 by ZealotX

Kelrax Lorcken wrote:

ren wrote: Gun regulation at state level makes no sense when there is frictionless movement across state borders.

Ammunition control could be practical, as well.
There's a country in Europe (I forget which, I'm sorry) where 2nd amendment pushers like to point out the extremely low crime rate, attempting to link that to the very high number of citizens owning fire arms- ignoring several other factors, most relevant being that nobody owns enough ammunition to do serious harm against groups. They specially issue ammunition at shooting ranges, what isn't used is confiscated before you leave, and there are regular inspections to ensure that citizens are in compliance with volume and storage regulations.

I like that too. Thanks for your post.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
4 years 9 months ago #340743 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Gun Control
Switzerland is the country I believe

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #340766 by
Replied by on topic Gun Control

Squint wrote: Where is driving a right? What statistics do you have to show that we don't need vehicular regulation. What would stop over-fishing if it wasn't licensed?

All rights come from nature. More specifically, they come inherent to your nature as a consciously aware being capable of critical thought and reasoning. The first of these being the Independence of mind and action. Aside from conspiring and attacking another, you are able to move freely. This sets the precedent for the right to property, as well as the means to defend it. The first and primary being the right to your body. Your initial vehicle to act out your idea of happiness. With which we sometimes construct, or fairly obtain other items and vehicles as extensions of our will to happiness. Once again, aside from stealing or otherwise harming the property of others. You are able to move freely.. this is about legalities, not mechanical statistics..

To speak on cars or hunting specifically. There are different ways to curb problems. Cars being a simple return to prior U.S. policies. States across the Union started to end driver's education in the 80's. If there's any sharp rise in car accidents. I'd almost bet it would correlate with this miseducation. Recently, it was said that 3 out of 10 accidents were caused by unlicensed drivers.. but what about the other 7?.. besides that, though. WE pay for the roads. Other than governmental private roads, they belong to the general public. These roads being a collective extension of our need to travel and trade. They're property, which comes with the right to access and use that property.. not without usage rules, of course. However, any barriers to access, without evidence or charge of crime, would be a violation of your "Inalienable Rights"..

Same goes with fishing, Parks are collective Property. Owned by the general public. In order to preserve its usage, the public creates the rules then hires a Game Warden to enforce those rules. This is the basis of re•Public•can govermnent.. at no point is permission for access needed. Permits, like Restraining Orders, are just pieces of paper.. the only thing backing that kind of governance is fear, not justice.. only the moral and the educated can maintain this type of society..

The prevailing thought of the Political Elite is either the Anglo-Saxon Technate or the One World Technocracy. Scientific "democratic" despotism disguised as "Progress" or "Patriotic". Because the logical conclusion to that level of perfectly governed hierarchy would require the complete control and regulation of nearly every human thought and action.. like traveling..

if you want to make sure cars are completely safe from "human error". Make them drive themselves.. but how much freedom does that leave you?
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi