Forum Upgrade

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9905 by
Replied by on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
The more colorful version is better than it was a couple of days ago, however I'd still prefer the shout box on the side of the forum as well, it just makes it easier, than going back to the front page to continually check it. I'm still getting used to it, so I'm not going to say I just definately don't like it, but I never felt we needed a change. Except for maybe a ranking thing with our avatar. We'll see where it leads.

DK

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago #9906 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

The more colorful version is better than it was a couple of days ago, however I'd still prefer the shout box on the side of the forum as well, it just makes it easier, than going back to the front page to continually check it. I'm still getting used to it, so I'm not going to say I just definately don't like it, but I never felt we needed a change. Except for maybe a ranking thing with our avatar. We'll see where it leads.

DK

I certainly agree with you Br.Dhagon on the shout box idea.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #9910 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

DK

Your wish is my command. Is the Shout It where you like it?

I'm not picking on you (much) Master DK but recently you were kind enough to PM me (and which I posted) ways to make this site safe for our young members and the features in this forum are helping to fulfill those suggestions.

Notice that there is a birthdate icon now as well as rank bars (which I'm still fixing.)

The problems with the new forum are not inherent to it but the fault of the programmer, in this case me. Please (ALL MEMBERS) keep critiquing until I get this perfect or I won't know what y'all want. It took less than a minute to fix the Shout Box. I just had not noticed I needed to set an attribute on it and because of requests - It's fixed.

To be continued ....

MTFBWYA,

Br. John+

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 16 years 4 months ago by Br. John. Reason: Correct spelling.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago #9911 by Jon
Thank you Br.John for your open ear and ever generous cooperation. Like this we will be able to move mountains.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

More
16 years 4 months ago #9954 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
Maybe the answer is posted elsewhere but, what do the five colored squares under the avatars mean, and what is the order of progression?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9955 by
Replied by on topic Re: A lot has changed.
Wow a lot has changed in a few short weeks since I have been gone, did the Blog format change, it keeps popping up messages about the text and having problems.

Sorry brothers and sisters I have been so absent, I have been parenting a new foster kid lately and spending all my time, what a job but I love every second of it, he has been a blessing and a gift to our family, we bonded so quickly that it seems as if he has lived here for ten years, we have so much in common that it feels as if I raised him my self.
So I have been busy as the three of us have been spending quality time with each other.
After the school season starts up again I will be able to spend a little more time with all of you, I miss all of you and I apologize to each of you and my Master who has been very , very patient with me at this time.
I have not forgotten about any of you and I miss talking with my brothers and sisters of the order.
I shall return, I am full of the light and the force I can not be contained with all the love I have for my new foster son and all the love he has returned to us 100 fold, I have never been happier then i am now.

May The Force Be With You All

More
16 years 4 months ago #9957 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
Lenny wrote:

Maybe the answer is posted elsewhere but, what do the five colored squares under the avatars mean, and what is the order of progression?

I have not programmed that yet so they are showing the default settings which means they increase with the number of posts. What they will show is a persons rank and notice that besides your signature (which may include a picture) you can already put your rank and title with your name in text using the personal 'motto' feature if you wish. I'm actually working on the bars today.

MTFBWY,

Br. John+

Founder of The Order

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago #9971 by Jon
Very nice Br.John. Things are getting better by the minute. Could you explain though what the clours stand for?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi