Forum Upgrade

More
16 years 4 months ago - 16 years 4 months ago #9880 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
Decimus wrote:

Someone or a group could be responsible for sending out a message to those who haven't posted in specified amount of time. The message should inquire about those individuals intentions with the Order.

Dhagon Krayt wrote:

Personally I'd say someone who has posted within the last six months. Even if insignifant, a post is a post. Anything over that, without prior arrangements, would seem like abandoning thier profile. I like the idea of an overall number, and an active number, that should please both sides of the argument.

DK

Though so far I'm not liking this new forum setup, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

This program shows the admins the last time a member logged in and has a build in system to send emails to all who have not logged in within the last X days so that's no problem at all.

To All: Other than the messed up color scheme (which will be fixed shortly) what do you dislike about the message board upgrade? If we know we can probably do something about it.

To All: What do you like about the message board upgrade? Can you list all the new features?

Br. John+

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 16 years 4 months ago by Br. John.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago #9881 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
What I miss is the shout box and who is logged in when on Forum. The avatars seem to be a bit stretched in the height.

Appart from that I find it \"cool\".

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

More
16 years 4 months ago #9883 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
Everything should be readable now and remember to use Ctrl+ to make the text bigger.

Founder of The Order

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago #9884 by Jon
Well the colours have worked out well, the text is readable.There are a lot of added bits of information, like who is viewing a particular post at a given time or we can now type in a message under our avatar... . Certainly, from my point of view, a successful Christmas gift for the Temple and its members. Thank you Br.John and all those who assisted.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9887 by
Replied by on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
Hey, this is really cool. I had no idea we were up for a change. It looks great.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago #9888 by Jon
KieranHalcyon wrote:

Hey, this is really cool. I had no idea we were up for a change. It looks great.

Sure does! :woohoo:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9889 by
if you want the truth i dont like this. for one no shout, for two when i read a post and i want to see how long it has been on for i cant except 7 months and two days lol. when i want to see the exact date. it just looks a lot flasheyer than what i like. the old one was much better in my opinion more simple. a baby could go through it lol. i guess i just have to get use to change lol.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago #9890 by Jon
Br.Dan, well I can help you with the shout. Its on the front page side.:side:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9892 by
;) I am diggin' the new forum look. It might have something to do with being partial to red. Great work!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9903 by
well...this is interesting to say the least...i dunno how i feel about it yet.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi