Forum Upgrade

More
16 years 4 months ago #9853 by Br. John
Forum Upgrade was created by Br. John
Our forum is finally upgraded with many improvements. We know about the yellow on white text in the default template and are fixing it. In the meantime the nautilus_corporate template works fine.

You will need to reset your avatar and possibly your signature.

Br. John+

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 months ago #9854 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
The old forum is still on the server with all your pictures and everything. As soon as I lock the old forum I'll put it back up if necessary. We should be able to transfer all that over just like all the posts, Karma etc. Don't Panic! There are so many benefits to this new forum I don't have time to list them all but for one thing your posts now have an absolute address. See the 9853 up above Karma indicator at the top right of this post. It's a bookmarkable link direct to this post. Ranks will show and you can also look up all your own posts instantly.

Br. John+

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9862 by
Replied by on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
John,

Here's the situation on the colors with Fireboard. The defaults work great for a template that uses light backgrounds. The Temple site by default has a dark background and that is what is causing the confusion.

I've modified two color settings that will make the Fireboard forum usable with the default site background. To make the fireboard forum really look right theres a bunch more that need to be changed to accomodate the dark background of the totjo site.

I'll fill you in more later, but for now the forums should be a bit more useable. People might have to look hard to see some of the links.

--tf

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 4 months ago #9866 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Forum Upgrade
Do we have 647 users? I thought it was 547.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

More
16 years 4 months ago #9867 by Br. John
Jon wrote:

Do we have 647 users? I thought it was 547.

I'm glad you reminded me. We know the last time anyone logged in. How long should let inactive members stay on the books? We can clean some of that up. Suggestions anyone?

Founder of The Order

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago #9868 by Jon
I have seen members coming back after a long time. So I would say that 1 year is a good time for innactive members to be registered. Unless they notified the Temple that there would be a long time before their return. Those who have recieved ordination would also have to be taken into special consideration, maybe by sending them a reminder. Afterall they have an irrevocable empowerment from the Temple.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

More
16 years 4 months ago #9869 by Br. John
Jon wrote:

I have seen members coming back after a long time. So I would say that 1 year is a good time for innactive members to be registered. Unless they notified the Temple that there would be a long time before their return. Those who have recieved ordination would also have to be taken into special consideration, maybe by sending them a reminder. Afterall they have an irrevocable empowerment from the Temple.

That's my problem. I have not been to church where I was baptized in over two years but I could walk right in to tonights service if I wished. What bothers some folks is that we are giving false numbers since we obviously do not have that many active members.

The best I can think of is decide what we mean by active member and have a separate number for it.

So: To All: What is the definition of an active member?

Founder of The Order

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
More
16 years 4 months ago #9871 by Jon
Well that`s quite a question Br.John. What is the definition of an active member? I suppose someone who is active is someone who is exerting influence or producing a change or effect. A kind of \"active ingredient\". There are things which change in minutes and others which take a life time. And no matter how slow a process is, the catalysts involved are still active. So as far as the above question is concerned time cannot be an issue.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9873 by
Someone or a group could be responsible for sending out a message to those who haven't posted in specified amount of time. The message should inquire about those individuals intentions with the Order.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 4 months ago #9879 by
Personally I'd say someone who has posted within the last six months. Even if insignifant, a post is a post. Anything over that, without prior arrangements, would seem like abandoning thier profile. I like the idea of an overall number, and an active number, that should please both sides of the argument.

DK

Though so far I'm not liking this new forum setup, I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi