Physical Temples

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91000 by
Replied by on topic Re: Physical Temples
I have no problem kicking in a few bucks after all it is a charitable contribution and a tax deduction, no different than buying Girl Scout Cookies. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91005 by
I'm supposed to get a tax deduction for buying girl scout cookies?! (*looks for old receipts*)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91007 by
When one dreams of expanding TOTJO into different realms so that many more can be included... that is when TOJO becomes multi dimentional. I'm sure Martin King didn't just talk about civil rights.... he empowered people. That is what we lack... those who would empower others to make whatever manifestation of TOTJO possible. If you aim for nothing.. you will probbaly hit that bullseye.

Contribute to TOTJO so we can continue, that is, if that's where your heart is.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91009 by
Our hearts are writing checks our wallets can't cash.

... or something like that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91012 by

jimcode3 wrote: I'm supposed to get a tax deduction for buying girl scout cookies?! (*looks for old receipts*)

In the US any contribution to a nonprofit organization is tax deductable. The actual value of the item purchased has to be excluded. Lets say Girl Scout cookies are $5 a box, the cookies real cost $1, you deduct $4, eat expensive cookies and feel good for helping out the Girl Scouts at the expense of Uncle Sam.

Take the tax savings and pay for your gun permit. :laugh: Couldn't help myself. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91042 by
I can't believe I never thought of that! :blush: The server IS a physical temple for our online Jedi collaboration. So, add that to the list of temple types huh? :lol:

Can someone please explain how this site is currently hosting this site? What are all the parts that go into keeping this site up and running?

And can someone please also list what options there are as alternatives to this current method. For example, if we are renting server space and time, what would it cost to purchase our own server and staff it? Would there be any way to collaborate with some (if not all) of the other Jedi sites to see if they want in the purchase and/or usage? Basically creating a non-denominational internet temple for Jedi.

Just an idea. What do you all think?

Peace,
Matt

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91045 by
I think you'd be surprised how much some of those things cost.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #91047 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Re: Physical Temples
I feel that having physical locations for people to go and to stage humanitarian outreach programs from would be awesome. I would only caution letting your grasp out stretch your reach. I think that we will be there one day… maybe not just yet, but one day. ;)

And as I say this, I am reminded of a quote… “Seldom are we asked to do things when we are ready. If that was what we waited for, nothing would ever get done.”
Cpt. Dick Winters.

Monastic Order of Knights
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Wescli Wardest.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91150 by
I would totally give my tax return if it would've helped. It's kind of like my dad says: you're eyes are bigger than your stomach. I'd love to see this project come to life.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 2 months ago #91154 by
'tis why I asked yesterday if there are any Los Angeles Jedi out there. I was willing to start something locally (even though I'm new, nothing says I can't ORGANIZE it). Damn, damn, damn, I only got one reply. I think we =really= need a pinned thread where people can sign-up geographically. Then locals can take it from there. But, I don't think the higher-ups would permit me.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi