fire in the southlands...

More
16 years 6 months ago #8438 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:fire in the southlands...
As I watch the news every night I think of your daily posts. Keep yourself safe sister, you will continue to be in our thoughts.

Judging from the talk in our fire hall I believe that there are many wanting to help, me included. But there has been no formal request for aid across the borders and we need to be cleared in order to leave our areas. Perhaps there enough firefighters already on hand.

MTFBWY
Lenny

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8441 by
Replied by on topic Re:fire in the southlands...
oh lord i WISH that were true....our poor firefighters are worn thin. Homes are burning because we don't have enough firefighters....they are bringing help in from other states but not into orange county...ugh. They are making the poor marines who just got home from Iraq fight these fires.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8442 by
Hey, do not pity us Marines, its all part of the duty we volunteer to do. I know I cannot speak for all Marines, but for most, they are more than happy to help, whether they just got home from the sandbox or not. In fact, they are probably more happy to be helping here at home, it just feels better to know your making a difference at home. I had friends who helped with Katrina and Rita also, they felt great about it. If I were asked if I would volunteer to go out there to help, I'd do it in a heartbeat, its what we do. We defend life, its all inclusive.

DK

Take care of yourself P, I know you want to help others, but do not forget to also take care of yourself.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8444 by
Hope all is well, Keep safe and May The Force Be With You and Your Family.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8445 by
Are you kidding me DK?! Of course i pity my boys in arms! It's not like they're not in danger to. i mean, yes they are glad to serve, but they're being forced to fight the fires away from their base. And that's so sad to me becuase not only do they have to fight them, they have to evacuate cause their base is on fire, as well as their families. It's a war zone all in itself out here. And they get no time to evacuate their families or their things...they aren't showing it on the news to much but the base is blowing up because of all the ammo and fuel used in weapons is being caught on fire....they got maybe 2 hours to say goodbye get their things and get ready to fight a fire that's unstoppable....and they get no breaks either. Our firemen and Marines are being worked 24 hours at a time for 2 days at a time....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8463 by
The fires are in any case a tragedy- my heart goes out to all those involved. wanting to be there or not, it's a sad ordeal. may the force be with them all.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8475 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:fire in the southlands...
According to the news here in Germany, the fire in California are now under control.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8483 by
Not that I've heard anything about Br. Hans, infact, I doubt thats even close to the truth, unless they've had a good bout of rain that I haven't heard about.

Also P, most Marines could almost fall under the category of Adrenalin Junkies, so danger makes us feel good in a way. For many, if your not in some sort of danger or aggresive situation, they get a feeling of boredom or drowsiness, some even become depressed (the worst ones of course, also a side effect of PTSD) I'm sure most would rather be fighting fires than having more bullets/RPG's shot at them. Its not as fun as you might think.

DK

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 6 months ago #8485 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:fire in the southlands...
Dhagon Krayt wrote:

Not that I've heard anything about Br. Hans, infact, I doubt thats even close to the truth, unless they've had a good bout of rain that I haven't heard about.

Also P, most Marines could almost fall under the category of Adrenalin Junkies, so danger makes us feel good in a way. For many, if your not in some sort of danger or aggresive situation, they get a feeling of boredom or drowsiness, some even become depressed (the worst ones of course, also a side effect of PTSD) I'm sure most would rather be fighting fires than having more bullets/RPG's shot at them. Its not as fun as you might think.

DK

Br.Dhagon this report also says that most fires are contained.
http://www.fire.ca.gov/

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8490 by
there are 17 fires and only one is under control

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi