Society and Humanity: My opinion.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8111 by
Society and humanity are on a downward spiral.

I don't believe that this downward spiral will continue forever, though I do believe that there are some radical steps that need to be taken into effect if we are to take a step upwards, rather than continue to stumble down this steep staircase. I believe we are getting close to being able to finally take that step just based on the awareness of people in the modern world slowly escalating. I believe that a true democracy should be reinstated, and the election of Geniocracy (election based on intelligence, rather than popularity) should be instated almost immediately. The Earth will never be the same, though if we were to focus on uniting with other countries as a global world, rather than one that is divided, if we realize that the Earth we are destroying in the numerous wars of both large and small scale is actually the SAME Earth we live on, and if we realize that the people starving in Africa and various parts of the world are actually the SAME as us, even though their hair is different or their skin is darker, we will realize that this so called war of necessity is not necessary, and neither is any other country. Take the United Nations for example. It's a step in a positive direction in Uniting the globe, however, it is not very persistent in it's actions. We must find common ground in that the ground we walk upon is the same, the bodies we live in, are the same, and the very flags we fly for countries are made of the same materials. As far as the destruction of the earth, I believe that if we take a step away from cultivating military power due to the command of children, with real G.I. Joes in their hands, in power, such as the leader of this incorrigible country, we would be able to cultivate technology to restore the earth, clean the air more efficiently, and find cleaner, more efficient power sources, such as Solar and Wind.

As far as humanity goes in that state of spiraling down, we are getting obese, lazy, and stupid. If humanity wanted to be in shape, they would work out. It is as simple as that. The levels of education are dropping standards when they should be heightened. School SHOULD be difficult, though the subjects taught in school these days are a joke. I know, I've already graduated from high school. I graduated amongst the top of my class and I didn't have to study AT ALL throughout all of my high school education. There should be and is something wrong with that. If the subjects taught are simple enough for a student to not have to study, these subjects should be increased in difficulty. I believe that college freshman courses should be dropped so students are required to take these in high school, such as the senior year.

I don't know about you, but I have higher sights than this for this world by the time I die.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #8113 by Jon
This is a view which I`ve heard passed on from generation to generation: from grandparents to parents to children... . \"It`s not how it used to be...\". Values, customs, society, expectations...change. A common response from the younger is \"Its not our fault, its what your generation gave us...\". Many (Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Einstein, Mother Teresa...)have tried to make changes; some quickly; some more slowly; some short lived; some not at all.

Sure we as Jedi have to work to make changes, just as every member of our society. But effort cannot be everything because no one yet has managed to create Utopia, to expects as much means a certain trip to failure. We do play a central role in the run of things, but so does the Force. What we do not understand the Force certainly does...

\"Even things that happen which seem negative have a purpose, though that purpose is not easy to see.\" (16.10 Basic Teachings)

Before many great Mystics (John of the Cross...) reached spiritual enlightenment they had to live through \"the dark night of the soul. The Bible is a story of how a whole people, who through trial and error reached spiritual maturity. Darwin pointed out the necessity of evolution to development. The list is endless. What I am saying is that everything needs time. Maturity is a learning process. I am certainly no prophet or visionary, but what I do know is that we have to distinguish between what is needed and what we wish or envisage. To cause a change is to take responsability for that change, a charge too great for any human being.

\"Jedi live and focus on the present; we must neither dwell on the past nor be overly concerned about the future. As the mind wanders, focusing on the present is a task not easily attained, for the mind is not content with the eternal present moment. As Jedi, we must release our stress and ease our minds.\" (16.2)

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8114 by
Oracle wrote:

Society and humanity are on a downward spiral.

I don't believe that this downward spiral will continue forever, though I do believe that there are some radical steps that need to be taken into effect if we are to take a step upwards, rather than continue to stumble down this steep staircase. I believe we are getting close to being able to finally take that step just based on the awareness of people in the modern world slowly escalating. I believe that a true democracy should be reinstated, and the election of Geniocracy (election based on intelligence, rather than popularity) should be instated almost immediately. The Earth will never be the same, though if we were to focus on uniting with other countries as a global world, rather than one that is divided, if we realize that the Earth we are destroying in the numerous wars of both large and small scale is actually the SAME Earth we live on, and if we realize that the people starving in Africa and various parts of the world are actually the SAME as us, even though their hair is different or their skin is darker, we will realize that this so called war of necessity is not necessary, and neither is any other country. Take the United Nations for example. It's a step in a positive direction in Uniting the globe, however, it is not very persistent in it's actions. We must find common ground in that the ground we walk upon is the same, the bodies we live in, are the same, and the very flags we fly for countries are made of the same materials. As far as the destruction of the earth, I believe that if we take a step away from cultivating military power due to the command of children, with real G.I. Joes in their hands, in power, such as the leader of this incorrigible country, we would be able to cultivate technology to restore the earth, clean the air more efficiently, and find cleaner, more efficient power sources, such as Solar and Wind.

As far as humanity goes in that state of spiraling down, we are getting obese, lazy, and stupid. If humanity wanted to be in shape, they would work out. It is as simple as that. The levels of education are dropping standards when they should be heightened. School SHOULD be difficult, though the subjects taught in school these days are a joke. I know, I've already graduated from high school. I graduated amongst the top of my class and I didn't have to study AT ALL throughout all of my high school education. There should be and is something wrong with that. If the subjects taught are simple enough for a student to not have to study, these subjects should be increased in difficulty. I believe that college freshman courses should be dropped so students are required to take these in high school, such as the senior year.

I don't know about you, but I have higher sights than this for this world by the time I die.

One World Order? Yikes, you talk about a scary prospect...too much power in one group.

It is this worlds diversity which makes it so wonderful...

I don't see this doom and Gloom you do...I see a great deal of Hope (i mean, look how our church has grown in the last 6 months alone.)

and Hans, You are so right. Living in the internal moment can be difficult but it is most important.

God Bless

~Chaplain, Br. Tom
Servant of the Servants of the Force

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8115 by
I was not speaking of a singular world Order, I was speaking of something a little closer to unification, in which a U.N. like organization is ALL-inclusive, something close enough to prevent war and disputes between countries, something for leaders and countries to go to that is truly unified and where war and destruction is prohibited.

When I have more time, I will elaborate further.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8116 by
Arch-Bishop Master Hans, I have read over your reply and words several times, and they have helped me come to a better understanding. If you don't mind, I would like to review my words, reconstruct them based on this new understand them, and present them to both you and Cardinal Bishop Master Whiteman, if you would so grace me with your words and presence once more. Thank you for your time, as this was exactly the type of discussion and understanding I was seeking.

May the Force be with you,
Oracle

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8118 by
I'm afraid it will be a very long time before we see a world where there is no war or destruction. Man's desire for power stands in his way to achieving such a place. I agree, a world as described would be wonderful, but will probably not be seen in our life time or that of my children. Man has a long way to go before he overcomes the addiction and lust for power and domination over his neighbors. That's not saying we can not hope. Because if we lose hope, well, then we have truely lost.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 7 months ago #8120 by Jon
Oracle wrote:

Arch-Bishop Master Hans, I have read over your reply and words several times, and they have helped me come to a better understanding. If you don't mind, I would like to review my words, reconstruct them based on this new understand them, and present them to both you and Cardinal Bishop Master Whiteman, if you would so grace me with your words and presence once more. Thank you for your time, as this was exactly the type of discussion and understanding I was seeking.

May the Force be with you,
Oracle

Thank you Brother Oracle. I really enjoyed your imput, it was a breath of fresh air/an inspiration. As Master Justice stated, idealism is one of the foods of life. Keep it up. MTFBWY

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8121 by
Oracle's society reminds me a bit of Star Trek and the Federation.

I have no problem with that ideal...it is one of my own...more or less.

However on Planet Earth 2007 - what we can do every day, and train towards as Jedi, is as was said...be what we wish to see?

-Asta Sophi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 7 months ago #8123 by
Man, as it were, are a very territorial being. Man has been taking over places sense the beginning of time. Its definitely picking up pace because new technologly. If all the nations joined together, who's going to be in charge? What nation is this person going to be from? It seems in all councils, someone will make the ultimate decision. Unless all the council members share a common belief, it would be a slow process. The planet will be able to repair itself if given enough time, but its up to everyone to buy it time.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 6 months ago #8228 by
Masters,
I have taken a step backwards and have found my understanding of the Jedi teachings, especially that of the second basic teaching of the Jedi, as follows below. I have been meditating on the Official Temple Doctrine in my recent short-handed absence, so that I may better understand both myself and the teachings of those who have come before me.

2. Jedi live and focus on the present; we must neither dwell on the past nor be overly concerned about the future. As the mind wanders, focusing on the present is a task not easily attained, for the mind is not content with the eternal present moment. As Jedi, we must release our stress and ease our minds.

The Force will not stop something from happening, neither will it promote something over something else. The Force will guide all into it's desired course(s) of actions no matter what, and it is not necessarily the Jedi's role to lead this revolution, but to stand behind those who do: the politicians. The Jedi are advisers, we must submit to upholding peace and justice in the present and all times to come. Likewise, dwelling on the past will leave open gaps in the present that we may not notice. Yes, study history, but do not dwell on things in the past, for such an act can be emotional and can cause foolish mistakes in the Jedi's present choices.

Please, masters, if I am missing something, or misunderstanding, let me know.

In Service of Divine Light,
Oracle
Jedi Disciple

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi