Justice

More
12 years 1 month ago #54383 by Angelus
Justice was created by Angelus
I encountered an interesting concept while reading up on my Aristotle; the dual seslnses of justice. There is justice in the sense of obedience to law, and in the sense of fairness. Which would you use to define justice? Are both valid? How would you otherwise define justice, and what is it's place in our lives? Just some food for thought.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #54390 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Justice
I think it (justice) could be considered a system action to correct a breakdown of established process. The application of this in complex systems could become very difficult, as comparitive quantification of dissimilarity (if they are real worlds!?) might always end up being subjective. If I'm not making any sense please blame the coffee I just drank.

In legal terms perhaps it might be when something has occurred that is outside of the law, and justice is the action to redress the failure of the law being maintained in that particular instance, and because of the complexity of crime and individuals we have to have a subjective mechanism via jury's etc. So I think not being obedient to the law and getting caught isn't an injustice to the criminal, but it might not be fair to the criminal depending on the law. It might very well be an injustice to someone else though and I think that's the best purpose of laws etc. Fairness to me is more a measure of penalty versus crime and I think there are quite a few unlawful things which are over punished, and quite a few which are under punished too.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Adder. Reason: oops used word victim instead of criminal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi