Metaphysics

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #51189 by
Metaphysics was created by
So I just want to start off by stating THANK YOU to all who responded to my physical theories thread. If you have not recieved a reply from me, don't worry, you will :) On that note...

I would like to discuss the metaphysical world. Most do not know this about me, but I am a certified demonologist. It's a complicated and strange story as to the how and why, but I am. So obviously my field within metaphysics is the study of the spirits and demons and ghosts unseen.

But I am curious as to how many members here have any experience working in the meta-physical world. Any area of hobby study, or college study. Share your story with me :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #51196 by
Replied by on topic Re: Metaphysics
I've had, of all things, a bizarre lack of experiences with these things, however, my experiences have been near misses. By those that study the subject, I've been referred to as a "sponge", meaning that I go into a place and the situation becomes more subdued, emotions even out, people have less desire to be aggressive, etc. As such, I've been told, ghosts and demons and such give me a wide birth. The most potent brush with this sort of thing is in Bruce Hall where I lived for a year attending college. Denton, TX isn't the best place to be if you're a person sensitive to the energy of the world around you. Things vortex and eddy in weird ways and its off-putting for many who aren't even of the sensitive sort, they just don't know why they don't like the place. At the same time the emotionally quirky and creative are drawn to Bruce Hall almost like moths to flame. This is an interesting phenomenon as Bruce Hall resides within 100 yards of the center of the 'vortex' which rests at the center of a group of 3 trees forming an equilateral triangle.

That being said, Bruce is reputed to have 2 ghosts from the 1930s and 1950s respectfully. The 1930s ghost is regarded as 'Wanda' by the locals and while she's seen from time to time poking about the attic and felt about the top floor she's non-aggressive and the year I was there saved someone from going down an elevator shaft when the doors opened but no car was there. Said elevator hadn't worked for years due to a similar incident and this is attributed to the other ghost in the Hall referred to only as the Boiler Room ghost. This one is aggressive and temperamental, doing physical injury to multiple people including a personal friend that same year. I never encountered Wanda. I did encounter the Boiler Room ghost, or at least felt it. A very angry and primal presence, it seemed ready to do violence. However, it made no move against me or the friend I was with. Whether this was because of my "sponge" effect or whether it was simply not willing to exert the effort to harm at the time. The level of aggression I felt leaves me feeling its unlikely to have been the latter but other complications may have restrained it.

While I never formally studied demonology, my personal experience has always put me in near misses of this variety. Further, my view of the universe fully incorporates such phenomenon as I don't see how it couldn't given my experiences.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #51197 by
Almost working on it on a daily basis. We are "sensative" to ghosts/spirits in my family (4/5 members). We share many stories of demons, ghosts, haunted places. I have an empathic gift who been "gave" to me by my grand-dad. In addition of it, i do energy works, portal works, soul works, various works with chakras, shieldings etc. I saw my first ghost when i was 4. At 12 i started developing technics (very start of my spiritual journey) to channelize my "gifts" as to "close" them to allow me to live a "normal" life.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by . Reason: error and grammar

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #51202 by
I came across a book one day titled, "The Secret"... Well back then I loved to put off school assignments and spend a few hours per day attempting to experiment with alternative concepts. I must have spent the majority of my senior year playing with fire essentially... I tried and tried again to manipulate events around me by simply injecting willed thought back into the Universe... The results I found were truly amazing to say the least.

I was basically able to manipulate thought so well that I could directly control events and the way they would unfold. Now the difficulty I found was that I had know way of knowing whether those events were meant to happen the way they happened or had I actually altered reality enough in order to manipulate fate. Had I single-handily chosen the parallel universe in which the events I wanted to happen unfolded as I choose...

I don't quite know what happened since then, but I have pulled back on the experiments. I lost that mind set I needed to explore the thought patterns. Recently, with my willingness and eagerness to continue learning I have again agreed with myself to "take up the sword" and continue along my path of experimentation. It is a strange concept honestly. Sounds almost fair-tale like, but I think physicists would agree that the mind and simply viewing an event taking place plays an important role in quantum mechanics and essentially it can alter the course of how an event unfolds.

If that interests you enough, then I urge you to check out this thought concept:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schr%C3%B6dinger%27s_cat

More
12 years 2 months ago #51228 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Metaphysics

War Beauty wrote: But I am curious as to how many members here have any experience working in the meta-physical world. Any area of hobby study, or college study. Share your story with me

Just a hobby for me, so far!! Had some good stuff happen which has helped shaped my beliefs in how things might work, but mostly infrequant and mixed results over about 15 years (Im greedy for more). I love hearing people explain personal experiences of the metaphysical.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #51771 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Metaphysics
My wife has better stories then me including spirits knocking things over, but the strangest/disturbing one I have is I was awoken by a feeling of being dragged out of bed, instinctevly I swung my hand out and over to resist and I felt something there - I felt like I could sense its suprise at being 'caught' and it quickly disappeared. It was cold, leathery and felt almost hollow. It might have been a sleep parasomnia of some sort perhaps, because it occured in the fraction of time between being awoken by the act of being pulled out of bed and being fully awake to turn over and have a look. Certainly a WTF moment and made me wonder about the nature of metaphysical/dimensional 'creatures' LOL, need more data but not really willing to invite it back.

I had a great visualization after that occured as I immediatly spat out a custom variation of the Lords Prayer which I had never heard before, and observed in my minds eye an entity (what Grim Reapers probably are) come over and take it away. Sounds bizarre I know.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #51772 by
I've been a part of a couple paranormal investigation groups. I've been told, and have noticed, that spirits/ghosts can't directly "make contact" with me. Like, some people get shoved down, clawed and the like, I don't. For this reason, I've used myself as a shield before, to keep ill-willed influences away from some more sensitive people. I've never formally studied, but I've always enjoyed learning about the sort of thing.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi