Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace 3D

More
12 years 2 months ago #49927 by Ben
So the verdict is: even if you don't like the film, go and see it. Most aspects of it were definitely enhanced by the 3D, and every part of the film involving being in space was incredible. I actually felt like I was piloting my own ship. Worth it just for those parts alone.

B.Div | OCP
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garwa Mayharr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49940 by
I will be going to see it for sure. Just not at opening night tonight. I always gives movies about a week or two...give it time for the crowds to die down, lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50053 by
3-D was great. I saw the movie today at 1pm cst and thought it looked great.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50067 by
I just got home from seeing it at 7pm. I was dressed for the occasion, of course. I introduced a friend to Star Wars tonight. He liked it. I wanna see his reaction to the original trilogy.

More
12 years 2 months ago #50070 by 666
Sorry guys, but, the 3d used for the movie, its a software conversion, was not filmed with real 3D cameras

its exactly the same you can have with a TV with 3D conversion, sometimes, you can feel the "deep", sometimes, arms or legs are messed up, so when that happen, the digital format goes to 2D

is not a 3D experience, just because comes from Native 2D

the only ones 3D emulated movies, are the ones filmed with 3D cameras, actually in japan, they do almost any amateur program in cable with 3D cameras, to be watched in 3D capable TVs (without the need of the conversion)

even the best 2 brand (sony & Samsung) TVs that do 2d to 3d conversion (on the fly), with prices around $5000 to $7000 are crappy, I do test it both, and let me tell you... its better to watch the movie in 2d, blue-ray if you can ( also not real HD, but digital manipulated to improve and make your experience much better than the fake 3D)

The new movies are even different because the effects, so for a lover of SW maybe its better to watch the old releases where HAN SHOT FIRST, and any other changes, IT DOESN'T EXIST

enjoy

Knight of Jediism
Ordained Deacon and Minister
Promoted and Ordained April 28, 2010

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50139 by
I agree with 666.

I just got back from seeing Eps 1 with my son and the 3D was less than stellar to say the least.

It's still Star Wars, so I enjoyed it anyway, but the 3D didn't add anything to it.

My recommendation to fellow Jedi: save your money.

MTFBWY,
LTK

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #50491 by
Me and some friends went to see it the other day, I mean I'll be the first to admit Ep 1 isn't the best Star Wars film, but we HAD to see it on the big screen, since none of us have seen a Star Wars film at the Cinema since Ep 3 and that is wayyy too long ago :D

The opening credits was the best part of the 3D though I thought, wasn't really much else to it. I also re-found my dislike for Jar Jar -_-

But one thing I did always like about that film was this:

-In my opinion, one of the most epic fight music scores known to man...John Williams, you genius.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi