Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace 3D

More
12 years 3 months ago #49719 by Garwa Mayharr
Well it has hit me. I now cannot wait till tomorrow at midnight. Who else will go to a midnight premiere?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #49722 by Ben
I've got tickets to see it on Thursday - it's definitely not my favourite of the Star Wars films but I can't imagine anything that I'd rather see in 3D than the lightsaber battles of the prequel trilogy!

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49749 by
I just got my Phantom Menace shirt in the mail today, and I am ready Personally, it's my favorite of the films. Couldn't care less about the 3D, just always wished I could relive seeing it on the big screen, which has come true...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49751 by
While it has never ben my favourite movie in the Star Wars saga, I did end up picking up tickets myself. I couldn't miss seeing the Phantom Menace again on the big screen. The lightsaber duel and the podracing will sure make for some exciting scenes in 3D!

More
12 years 3 months ago #49753 by Br. John
I'll be seeing this. I'm curious about how good the 3D is and it's a chance to see it at the theater again. I believe the plan is to release rest of the movies in 3D one each year ending with Episode VI in 2017.

I wonder if George Lucas will fiddle with things again. That "No ... Nooooooooooooooo" in the Blu-Ray release when Vader saves Luke from Sidious is almost unbearable.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago #49754 by

Br. John wrote: I wonder if George Lucas will fiddle with things again. That "No ... Nooooooooooooooo" in the Blu-Ray release when Vader saves Luke from Sidious is almost unbearable.

Yeah...I'm with you there.

Yup, I'll be there on Saturday. My son and I will enjoy a Saturday morning viewing of Phantom Menace...that little boy is more excited than I am; every commercial with the Phantom Menace he asks to rewind it and watch it, often two-three times!

Gotta love it...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #49758 by
Well, as a tech junkie and a lover of graphics, I thought the prequels were top notch. As a lover and supporter of the fine arts, I thought the script writing and acting was HORRIFIC! Other than Ewan McGreggor and Ian McDiarmid (and Liam Neeson in Ep.1) all the other cast was terrible. Did not get that "personal" connection that I usually feel with actors in movies.

But, unfortunately, because I am a big techie, I can't pass up going to see this in 3D, lol. Podracer, brief space battle, and the ending lightsaber duel in Ep.1, chasing the assassin through busy Corucant, Obi vs Jango at Kamino, and the final battle in Ep. 2, and pretty much everything in Ep. 3, lol.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49799 by
im not going to se it at midnigt buti am going to see it most likely.

More
12 years 2 months ago #49880 by Ben
About to go to the cinema now - and I've just thought, I was 9 when I saw it in the cinema when it first came out! Can't believe how time flies (21 now), seems like only yesterday...I distinctly remember sitting with my feet on the seat because I was really scared of the big fish on Naboo and I thought that there might be one waiting to get me under my chair... :laugh:

B.Div | OCP

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 months ago #49883 by
It opens tomorrow in the area I live. I feel a case of anal glaucoma coming on. (can't see my a&% going to work)

(In Bill Murry singing voice - SNL fans)Star Wars, Nothing but Star Wars....

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi