Occupy

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45881 by
Replied by on topic Re: Occupy
right on, sir. like i've said before, i could not look my son in the eye on down the line. When he inevitably asks me what I did during these tumultuous times, much like I asked my father about his time in the 60s, if i could only answer 'son, i did nothing. i did nothing while the world burned, and now you have to pay for it'.

how he would hate me then, and deservedly so. i will not let that happen.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45882 by
I think there are many ways to create change. One would be dealing with the banking system and I'm going to transfer my money to a credit union which I believe my building has downstairs. I definitely support the Occupy movement. The way I am helping is a little different though. I am not in Occupy because of many things not the least of which is that I have a job which provides me with a way to speak out. Just last week, an amendment passed in the Senate calling for a quicker timeline in Afghanistan. Since I'd been working for Peace action West, I feel that I had a hand in that. We have over 57000 people calling senators and members of Congress at key moments. I feel like it's an awesome way to deal withthe government. We also help put pro-peace candidates into Congress. We don't give them money or accept political funds so I think it's a great organization which is why I applied and why I'm so excited to be helping there. I definitely think we have to change the consciousness of humanity to thriving instead of just surviving. May the Force be with you.
Leena

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45883 by
I am so glad to find like minds here. To me, this is one of the defining moments of this generation. The chance (or obligation) to make changes to a system fundamentally and obviously corrupt and flawed.

also, i am glad that you have a job in such a fulfilling capacity! i envy you your success in that arena. i myself write letters to state level politicians on a regular basis, but it seems i am the only one within even my little occupy branch to do so. so it is hard to see change effected, especially when most of the replies i receive are just the politicians sticking to their guns and going down with the ship (which would be this particular piece of legislation i am against).

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi