How do you expect enlightened people to behave?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45670 by
How do you expect enlightened people to behave?

Do we all hold an image of what we believe they should represent, should they be wise, calm, austere and grave, taking everything seriously with an air of quiet inner peace.

Do we expect our teachers to act this way all of the time?

If we deliver our teachings with a good sense of humour can we guide our listeners to a more profound level of understanding?

I have always believed that we should be human; we should be approachable, resourceful and cheerful, taking the time to listen and answer as honestly as possible.

If a student is struggling do they understand what it is they are supposed to be doing? Before we put them down, question their ability, challenge them do we ask ourselves did I explain the question in the right manner? Do they understand what it is that I require from them? If so do you always do this? Be honest now do you?

If your students enjoy your lesson they will of course engage in learning, if we do not grab their attention and engage them they will not enjoy the experience and therefore may not listen to the questions being asked or tasks set.

Please feel free to add your thoughts to my question, How do you expect enlightened people to behave?:blink:

MTFBWY

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45677 by
Apart from the question what makes one enlightened, I think that people should simply be as they are and not act at all.

I dont expect any behaviour from anyone and I dont think there should be a set of rules about how to behave once one is 'enlightened'.

Behaviour is totally dependent on the situation and surroundings of one.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45683 by
Transparent...

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #45688 by Adder

keithmewes wrote: Please feel free to add your thoughts to my question, How do you expect enlightened people to behave?:blink:

Awestruck! Its an interesting question but we might have to apply classifications to the type of enlightenments. I believe that enlightenment occurs but that it does not persist at its highest levels. It's more like a camp fire for me, with the hot coals staying warm when your not using it, but add some wood and it will really heat you up. By wood I mean compatible mindfulness!!!

So for those people who have experienced enlightenment then I guess I do not expect them to behave in a certain way, but I'd be suprised if they didn't act in certain ways some or most of the time. I think this because even though they are still human, they should have a greater understanding for the importance of the key concepts of efficiency, truth, logic, compassion and responsibility.

In my Jedi frame of reference, this interaction with the physical (behaviour) is guided by the Five Trials of Skill, Courage, Spirit, Flesh and Insight respectively (and thus the Jedi Code too). It though requires mindfulness to be in an enlightened state IMO, and being connected to the fireplace which for me I call the Force.

So no, I dont expect it because I dont think I should judge someones performance in being enlightened - when I have no way of knowing what they are going through - but I would expect to see enlightened behaviour from time to time just as a result of them being enlightened and would wonder what was wrong and if they needed help if I knew they were enlightened but not acting as if enlightened.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45691 by
anybody in my mind who says they are enlightened aren't enlightened, god knows how many people I have heard say they are enlightened (or some variation of such.) My uncle is a great example of this! He speaks how close he is to nirvana and so on, but he is snide, greedy, arrogant, drunk, wife beater who stays high all the time. In my mind a true enlightened person will never say they are, so I would picture them as a normal person who does normal things, after all they are still human but with a smile on their face all the time because they take pleasure from the world around.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45694 by
Nameless: I agree.... good words.

Enlightened people are transparent and can always be spotted without professing .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #45710 by
Very good and interestings views being shared,

Thank you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi