Social Networks

More
12 years 6 months ago #43583 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Social Networks

ren wrote: create a new site to allow people from other sites to meet... lol. It miserably failed. on multiple occasions. They can just register here if they wish, we can just register there if we wish. The only one that worked is JRC because it allows people to meet in real life... Not quite your standard social network. No need to reinvent the square wheel, we already know it sucks.

Anyway, what baral is talking about is using existing services to essentially advertise, not quite a thing by Jedi for Jedi. Although google could be used for this with that circles feature.

True. And I'm liking Facebook less and less as time goes by. I don't want every song I listen to announced. If I want people to know what I'm reading I'll post it. I don't want a bitch of a bastard timeline either!

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #43592 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Social Networks

Br. John wrote: True. And I'm liking Facebook less and less as time goes by. I don't want every song I listen to announced. If I want people to know what I'm reading I'll post it. I don't want a bitch of a bastard timeline either!

I am getting to the point where I log on it less every day...

Although I am one of the minority.....

The social media sites have become so numerous, it is difficult to stay current...

The Jediism.net/.info sites just need to he ready....

If you build it, they will come... It just takes time..

When we have enough senior members, the ambassadors to other sites will become more numerous...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43627 by
Replied by on topic Re: Social Networks
I've always been a fan of social networks because it allows me, a person who barely gets out, to communicate with others... fb isn't what I'm interested in... I've been using google+ if anyone wants an invite doesn't hesitate to message me and i can get you one. It's rather interesting.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi