Jedi chapter houses

More
12 years 6 months ago #43460 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: Jedi chapter houses

Mordecai wrote: surely there has to be some of us, other than me, in sydney. mayhaps i should become a master then this would be much easier to organize.

There probably are plenty of folks interested in your area if they knew about Jediism and The Order. How do you think you become a master? Why do you think it would make it easier to organize a local group?

Founder of The Order

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43464 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi chapter houses
:unsure: it was mostly a joke, should have put a :P in there. i know one does not just become a master, there are exercises and stuff to do first as well as peer review of some sort, i am unsure of the exact process but that is what i would imagine. it wouold be easier to organise because i would be better known on the boards and my opinion would probably carry more weight with folk on here.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 6 months ago #43469 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Jedi chapter houses
becoming a master certainly doesn't make things easier...if anything they become more challenging...there's always more to learn, more to understand, more to teach, more to do...the more skillful one becomes the more they push their skills to reach new levels, the more knowledgable one becomes, the more they search for new knowledge...it's kind of like a hunger that is never sated....humans always want more...it's simply a survival instinct that gets applied to everything(think about squirrels stockpiling nuts for the winter)...as jedi we learn to want less releasing our "higher self" from our "primal self"...chapter houses/a physical temple...they would be nice to have access to, but it takes time(and money) large scale organization is something that cannot and should not be rushed just to meet desire.

everyone's opinion/view carries equal weight, we don't look down on anyone whether a guest or a council member.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #43474 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi chapter houses

Mordecai wrote: :unsure: it was mostly a joke, should have put a :P in there. i know one does not just become a master, there are exercises and stuff to do first as well as peer review of some sort, i am unsure of the exact process but that is what i would imagine. it wouold be easier to organise because i would be better known on the boards and my opinion would probably carry more weight with folk on here.

This criteria that your listing, is how it is done within an organization....

"When the student is ready, the teacher appears....

Just conversationly, you could be fully qualified to teach, but we will not put our official seal of approval on it, till our requirements are met...

I know you understand, just conversation...;)... And for anyone who reads and might not get it... lol...

And, even if not qualified by our standards, it does not mean unqualified to teach, only to teach according to TOTJO...

To someone less... uhhh... not as far along in their path, a person would appear very Master-like...

We have titles here, but they were bestowed upon us by our peers....

I honestly wonder what the heck I'm doing in a place of honor like this, many here are more qualified... :woohoo:

I would be leery of anyone who made a statement such as, "call me Master", or something similar....

Again, I'm sure you know this, but as these conversations are not private, I figured so advice for the average person was not out of line... lol...

Edit: RyuJin is very correct.... It is a place of honor, but it is a lot of work... Not to mention our own studies...

And everyone's opinion matters.... I learn from peoples journal and words, every day.....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Jestor.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43481 by
As far as the original post goes though, I have longed for the same thing for the entire time I have followed jediism (almost a year now). While it is great to come online and talk to people and see their own perspectives, it can never compare to being able to engage in a real dialogue with someone face to face. Also, the training perspective would be excellent. I know personally I have a lot to teach about physical combat and training your body in general, and would love to learn even more from the others around me, but this is something that is easier done in person than online.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 5 months ago #44337 by
Honestly, that kind of thing would be cool. I'd like to at least meet people if there is anyone from L.A. I wouldn't think it's about stealing members. On the contrary, I really want to meet some like-minded people. Online stuff is awesome, yet offline fellowship is also fabulous. A curch isn't the only place where that can be done.
Leena

More
12 years 5 months ago #44340 by Wescli Wardest
I think it could be a good idea to have a group to meet with on a regular basis. It could also become, not so good. Sometimes unstructured, even structured, assemblies go awry!

But, I would also love to meet people of like mind and spirit. Perhaps a yearly or even bi yearly excursion would be fun. A "get together",weekend or week long, event held at a national park or convention center. I'd go to that.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 5 months ago #44345 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Jedi chapter houses

Wescli Wardest wrote: But, I would also love to meet people of like mind and spirit. Perhaps a yearly or even bi yearly excursion would be fun. A "get together",weekend or week long, event held at a national park or convention center. I'd go to that.

They are called "gatherings"...

As an individual, I belong to the JRC... TOTJO does nor recommend it affiliate with any particular site....

The JRC, or Jedi Resource Center, is a group for people to get together in groups to hang out....

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest

More
12 years 5 months ago #44346 by Wescli Wardest
Cool, I'll look into that. Perhaps we'll run into each other! :woohoo:

Monastic Order of Knights

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi