I need help... fast

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41818 by
I need help... fast was created by
Ill keep it brief. There is a classmate of mine, one who i have never liked, as he messes with me quite often. I recently learned that this 17 year old guy is messing around wit hmy 13 year old sister. Nothing serious yet, but knowing this guy, it wont be long. I can't calm down. Im shaking with rage, and im afraid to go to school tomorrow, simply because im afraid im going to iniate a fight with the guy. What can i do to calm down? Ive only been this mad once, and it resulted in me being kicked out of my fathers house...

Please, Help, in anyway possible...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 8 months ago #41822 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: I need help... fast
find something you enjoy doing and can focus intently on and do that until it's out of your mind. always remember that acting out of rage only makes matters worse...

once you've completely calmed bring the matter to your parent's attention in private if possible.

when you go to school, keep in mind that every action has a consequence. ignore him if possible.

in the end people will make mistakes, and learn from them...all you can do is try to teach them.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41826 by
Replied by on topic Re: I need help... fast
Thank you. Surprisingly enough, writing the Haikus I posted worked better than I thought, along with meditating.

I realize that the rage I had was unnecessary, and instead of getting upset, I should rather confront my sister about the guy, telling her why she it would be best if she stayed away from him. In the end, it is ultimately her decision, but I will love and protect her if she gets hurt.

Ive calmed down alot in the past couple of minutes, Thank you RyuJin.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
12 years 8 months ago #41829 by RyuJin
no problem, i have siblings of my own so i know where the desire to protect them comes from.

anger has it's uses, but only when you have full control over it, otherwise it simply turns us into rampaging animals devoid of rational thought.

quite right, in the end it is her decision, however i would definately still bring it up to your parents....simply for legal reasons...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41830 by
I was planning on it, actually. First, i wish to confront my sister though, just out of respect of her privacy and whatnot. :S

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
12 years 8 months ago #41831 by RyuJin
nothing wrong with that

Quotes:

More
12 years 8 months ago #41832 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re: I need help... fast
I remind myself of this all the time. He / She who angers you conquers you.

I see by the previous posts you're feeling better now and had the sense to know that if you acted in a rage it would make matters worse.

I don't know what state you live in but I'm fairly sure that a 17 year old having any physical relations with a 13 year old is a felony so you certainly should talk to your parents.

As to discussing this with you sister, make sure she knows that you're worried about her but don't be so confrontational that it could possibly drive her to wanting to be with this guy. I've seen this happen too often, like when a parent forbids something it can make it all the more attractive to try.

Founder of The Order

More
12 years 8 months ago #41833 by Angelus
Replied by Angelus on topic Re: I need help... fast
I admire your concern for your sister, but it's her life, and you can't stop her from exercising her free will. Maybe you should have more faith in her? But acting out your passions is dangerous and uneccessary; it proves nothing, and no offense, but there's always the chance he'll kick your butt. If he tries to irritate you, just smile and be polite. Maintaining a cool head will really upset your enemies.

Jedi Knight
Former Masters: Mark Anjuu, Zanthan Storm, Br. John, Grom Fett

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41837 by
You didn't share enough information for me to give you some concrete advice so this here is only my suggestion/opinion. I think that, not only in this situation, rarely can a sword help where a skill of diplomacy had failed. And even if one starts a war, when it is finished the scars will remain, and not only on people who participated in the battle.

I have a 6 yo son who has a „girlfriend“ in kindy. Should I call the police? The social services? And who knows, maybe there is no romance at all, maybe that boy only wants to anger you so that you renounce yourself and start the fight, show that anger?

I don't know the relations between your sister and you, but she's your blood and is here to stay. Before you start screaming „fire“ in a crowded theatre, talk with her (not to her). Understand her point of view. If you want to become a jedi, you must achieve that people seek advice from you not that you walk around preaching on them.
Ignorance is the worst of the five and the hardest to forgive.

May the Force be with You

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 8 months ago #41840 by
Thanks, all of you. Im much calmer today. I think it was just the surprise of the news and the shock that it was this kid that made me react to the extreme that I did. Im back at school, and was able to keep my cool when I saw him around. Thank you again for all of the help. Hopefully, I'll be able to control it better the next time I get as angry.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi