Lessons from the Light

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #37986 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Lessons from the Light
I feel it is a shame, my sister, that you want to stop this conversation....

If I understood, would I continue to ask? Your point is made so you understand, I continue to ask so I may also understand....

I too, will post no more after this one.... (Unless I change my mind... ;)) After all, my intention is not to anger, only to understand....

I actually act like this in the physical world as well.... Drives my wife, kids, and co-workers crazy... lol....

If there is a understood policy, or something written, that us newer members are unaware, then I would think it would be pertinent for us to know about it....

In your absence (thank you for your service to our country!), as well as that of a few other senior members, we have done what we could.... I ask for clarification, so we can all be on the same page....

You admonishment to the senior members of the Order, began this thread.... Two months ago, active senior members included me, with one year in....

Council has three new members, I am sure you are aware, all of us active, less than two years, and, considered senior members.... (whew, where does the time go?)

So, anyway, I hope there is no hard feelings, and I hope to chat soon.....

I also have more to say, but for now.....

May the Force be with You....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #38018 by Neaj Pa Bol
Jestor, I am a recipiant of your so-called opinions...

The biggest problem is you don't stop. You think your word is the final opinion.

This Temple use to have debates and discussions that did at times get heated, but were respectful. After taking the time to study this Temple before I came back active, I saw only a one-sided view. I agree with Perris, it's time that the message gets back into view, not just in writings that new members have to go through, we need it back in plan sight for those searching for answers, not join and then find it...

And as for tirades... Not anymore!!!

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by Neaj Pa Bol.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #38033 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Lessons from the Light
I`ve let some time settle on this as I personally do not wish to leave this unanswered. After all this concerns the welfare of individuals.

I truly do not understand what the problem is here. Why cannot contraversial texts be cited using quotes and source references? Every university on this planet uses this method. I had to write a small disertation on Sartre`s thesis that man is his worst enemy. I loved it, I could even feel for Sartre, but my idea of humanity certainly wasn`t the his. Now if my RC superiors took this as representative of what I believed in then I certainly would not have been ordained. I would be a fool if I wanted to say stop fascism but refused to quote, read, analyse and understand texts like Hitler`s mein Kampf. But just because I were to read it does not mean in any way that this is my conviction. Neither the blogs nor the forum are a belief billboards for the benefit of the public. These are places of discussion for the benefit of the individual. What is important is what is commented by the membership, which is in legal terms their intellectual property.

That is why I fail to add my opinion to any of the content spoken about here. This seems to be more of an issue about personalities or egos, attitudes or convictions, information or the lack of it, expectations or disappointments etc. So any questions which need to be answered should be done so by the questioner.

As to Jestor, I see no wrong in what he said or how he said it, nothing. His only crime is his enthusiasm, dedication and what I admire most his persistence. My father used to tell me \"Son you only do not make mistakes when you don`t do anything!\" Jestor is a valuable member of Council just as they all are, and well deserved at that.

As to the Council, all of the members are new since in earlier days a Council did not exist. And we could only build a Council because its members are regularly present, interact and actually do something and not just talk about it or pat each other on their backs.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #38056 by
Replied by on topic Re:Lessons from the Light
I made my point clear hans. If you do not respect that fact then so be it.

And so rests my case. My lifes joys find you in the darkest caves brother. And when you start to doubt, remember your friend in america who always has your family in her heart. May peace and the force be with you always.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #38057 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Lessons from the Light
\"You should never ever doubt what no one's really sure about.\"
Willy Wonka

From Jedi Believe:

\"In the importance of education. We believe that people are not truly educated unless they have studied at least the world's major religions and ethical systems. They need to learn of the good and bad impacts they have had on society. (4)\"

\"(4) They need to understand the religious sources that inspired Gandhi, Albert Schweitzer, and Mother Teresa to commit their life to the alleviation of human suffering. But they also need to learn the shadow side of religion: how religious beliefs have contributed to hatred, intolerance, oppression, discrimination, as well as mass murders and genocides in such places as Nazi Germany, Bosnia, East Timor, Kosovo, Northern Ireland, the Middle East, Sudan and countless other countries.\"

\"All sunshine makes a desert.\" ---- Arab Proverb

Perris, dear, light does not mean good and dark does not mean evil. This article did not offend you http://templeofthejediorder.org/content/view/1817/1/ but this one did http://templeofthejediorder.org/content/view/1818/1/ . I bet I can guess why. It's where Josh Bunting says \"You thought Mormons were sheltered human barnacles desperately clinging to a nostalgic vision of the past which never actually happened? Well, they are, but that’s nothing compared to their even-more-inbred fundamentalist counterparts in the FLDS.\" That's an ad hominem slur and a good editor would have told him it makes him look ignorant and rude, but it does not take away from the facts in the article and I'm not his editor. I post articles, visible to registered logged in persons only, for discussion and debate. This is fulfilling our mission as per Jedi Believe; it's the same Jedi Believe that we've had from day one.

You could have pointed that out and given a lesson about logical fallacies, stereotyping and taught a lesson on Mormonism, but instead it almost seems like you're on a mission to give his (Bunting's) crap statement credibility by doing the exact same thing in berating Hans and the Sith slurs about The Order.

My prayer is that I never become so off balanced that I'm helpless in the dark or blinded by the light. That's my prayer for you too.

Love,

John

http://Light.TempleOfTheJediOrder.org

Founder of The Order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #38058 by
Ok. I clearly have not made myself clear.

I do not care these things are posted. I have seen many of them posted here. What I am talking about are the written comments below in favor of that message. Again...I do not care if they truly feel that way but when it is so openly posted for the public to read they are seeing the wrong view of jediism and Jedi.

I personally found that article offensive yes...but oh well. Lots of articles tend to be that way. And the members so openly supporting that surprised me..but oh well because they are entitled to their opinion as am I.

And please go ahead and say you don't care what others think. But remember that when we are the ones being mis interpreted and heckled and caused many problems. Do not act like it wont happen because it has and will continue to. John and hans should know that perfectly well.

So do not sit and lecture me about anything.
of the sort. If this is not clear enough of a statement then so be it. I can only spell it out so much for you. I am officially done with the matter and anything you have to say to me...can it.

I do not care what your personal beliefs are at this point because I am done. I am just done with it.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #38061 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Lessons from the Light
\"Can it.\"

You've made it perfectly clear that you're no longer happy being here and that you now hold The Order and it's leadership in contempt.

I'm trying not to speculate on if someone has severly hurt you emotionally or if there's been a traumatic experience that's caused an incredible personality change. I am wondering if this is not you and if someone has hijacked this account. You're not the person I knew.

Can it? Yes I can. Your request is granted; I accept your resignation.

I wish you all the best.

May The Force and God Be With You.

Founder of The Order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #38086 by
I would like to point out that any blog entries submitted (the kind of ones under discussion here) could have been seen either by the public or by registered members only and this choice was made by the person who submitted the entry. This situation has now been rectified so that all entries are only accessible by registered members and not by members of the public. Which means that we can still enjoy the freedom of discussion afforded by our Doctrine while not having to worry about whether or not passing members of the public take offence.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #38089 by
Mark Anjuu wrote:

I would like to point out that any blog entries submitted (the kind of ones under discussion here) could have been seen either by the public or by registered members only and this choice was made by the person who submitted the entry. This situation has now been rectified so that all entries are only accessible by registered members and not by members of the public. Which means that we can still enjoy the freedom of discussion afforded by our Doctrine while not having to worry about whether or not passing members of the public take offence.

Great. Members should be able to discuss all ideas freely.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #38096 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Lessons from the Light
Excuse my questioning this but why should all the blogs be shut off from the public? If we do this with the blogs then we most certainly will have to do this with the whole forum too. TOTJO is an open site it always has been right from day one. Now because someone got upset everything gets shut down. Life is one big risk, but not worth living if we do not take that risk. So what message are we now conveying? It seems a more clandestine one. I most certainly do not agree with this.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi