Lessons from the Light

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37960 by
Lessons from the Light was created by
I can not believe i need to post this reminder, but here it goes:

Jedi. Jediism is not the sole and single religion of all patrons in this temple. Jediism is a way of life that all walks of religion can identify with. Please respect this factor. Public posts bashing any religious organiztions should never be tolerated in our temple. I understand that privately, everyone has their own opions and you would be wise to keep them private, or at the very least in a private conversation that not everyone can read.

Masters....
I chastise you for you allowing new members and knights to be ok with this practise. And i caution you for encouraging it. Some of this temples senior most members are not strcitly Jedi and should the Grand Masters find any posts offensive I would hope that their fellow Masters take the appropriate action. If there are any issues Masters PM me.

I encourage discussion of other walks of life, but i do not condone hurtful or potentially negative words to be used to rally support of your view.

Thank you and May the Force be with you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #37961 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Lessons from the Light
To what do you refer, War Beauty?...

I have not seen or noticed an attack on others....

Our sincerest apologies to any who mayhave been offended or insulted by others words or actions.....

As I have been here daily for over a year now... I feel kind if lost by this post.....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37963 by
Replied by on topic Re:Lessons from the Light
I too feel a little lost being here almost as much as Brother Jestor, there have been flare ups of emotions in the past, but we have acted swiftly to stifle them and keep them civil, but if I have missed something, I appologise, and would appreciate being pointed in the correct direction so I can have a bit of a chat with the offender(s)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37964 by
Take a look at our blogs. 5 of the worst religious organiztions...

You do not see it because it has become ok to post such sayings since my LOA. There is no need for aplogies but i am grateful of yours. I only caution this because of public image and personal belief. We should not want outside investigators seeing such posts and being offended and turned off because they think we are nurturing hate and mockery. That is not what Jedi, Sith or Light, are about.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #37965 by Jestor
I think I see what you are saying, however, because we reprint a \"news\" article from another source, does not mean we hold the same values....

I think that is the reason and meanings of most of the comments....

No matter the religion, there are extremists...

I do not think any of our members here are members of those religions.... So they have no voice of defence....

If they, or anyone, would like to present an alternate view... all that has to be done is post it...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37967 by
This is where you are wrong brother. I am a Mormon. Not a fundamentalist, but the mainstream religion was not excluded from bashing in that article. I am very aware that this is simply a repost of someone else's smut and hate smearing campaign, but we have to be careful about posting those things regardless. I know that John posted it so i will talk to him offline about personal feelings if needed. This was simply a reminder to all Jedi to watch themselves. This temple is heavy handed with Sith and i can see that most of them feel it is ok declare those sort of things outloud on our main site. I am here as Grand Master Perris of the path of Light to let ALL Jedi know that judgement should not be passed in such an extremist fashion.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #37968 by Jestor
So.... Because a post, a repost, or any given topic might offend someone, we should not post it?

The point, and the way to understanding is discussion....

Was Br. John's post to show us,
1) another man's log?
2) other religious beliefs?
3) how hate articles can stir emotion?
4) to start a conversation, and get people to think?
5) ?

Only Br. John knows.... mostly, I think it is number 4.... that is my opinion...

Honestly, I think I did know you are a Mormon... I believe I read that in a post...

His 'jab' at the regular Mormons (forgive me for not knowing correct term...) Is nothing more than how little the common man knows about them...

I admit, I know very little.... but am always willing to learn...

With a qualified teacher of course... Qualifications being knowing more than me... lol.....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37973 by
Let me reword this. I do not think you are understanding my message.

I am simply speaking out against posting these types of things where the average joe can read. If an investigator read that they would think that we make it common practice to post those things and that our members really believe that slandering. We know within the temple walls that this is not true. Those who are not intimate with our teachings does not know that however and will interpret it wrong possibly.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #37974 by Jestor
Ah, I think I got it now...

The fact that it is public, anyone searching the net, could stumble on it and assume we are for their beliefs...

Although, none of the comments from our members were in favor of the policies mentioned...

And, if an investigator researched this, he would see we do not condone it....

The quick to jump and decide people, will judge no matter what.... Anyone who wants to understand, will explore....

People judge us based on our name, but, as most 'know' what a Jedi is, or at least thinks they do.... I think we are not in danger of being lumped in with those groups...

War Beauty, please know I am not arguing for the sake of arguing....

I just enjoy a good conversation..... :)

I also don't worry a whole lot about people's thoughts of me... I have nothing to hide... Anything I say, or have said, I feel can be explained.....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37975 by
Do not think i have nothing to say. I simply am done with the matter. I made my point and is all.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi