Thoughts of a simple man

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #143693 by
Replied by on topic Thoughts of a simple man
Greetings

Thank you for stopping by. There are some good points from Campbell . Yes I agree, a young person would benefit and so might and older person. I still think one should at least have a look first. As for Watts I am not a fan. I prefer the traditional Zen which has been around for centuries :). Of course that is only my view doesn't in anyway make me right :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 11 months ago #143694 by
Having scrolled thro' some archaic files from the SSBK which I belong to I found this which I think bares some similarity to Jediism

Kyu shin do Philosophy

The Universe was stated under a great principle of creation, which had existed from the beginning of time. The Universe has been controlled and governed by the principle that all things transmigrate.

The Laws of the Universe:-

The Law of transmigration.

The Law of Rhythm.

The Law of Harmony.

Kyu-Shin-Do is the understanding through knowledge and experience of the principles of the Universe and the understanding of the true way of life through Japanese Judo.

All things in existence are governed by the Universe and shall be a rhythmical cycle of birth, existence and death.

We can enjoy the highest form of life by mutual understanding between oneself and the Universe and by harmonizing with all things in general.

The Universe revolves and therefore always keeps in perfect balance and must have a center and radius governed by geometrical motion. We must therefore bear in mind that every movement on the earth has been controlled by Universal evolutions.

Therefore the student of Judo shall strive for perfection and harmonize with everything by opening his mind and body by relaxing first his mind and then his body. This idea conforms to nature.

The fundamental principles of the spiritual side of the human being is, and must be, gratitude to the principles of the Universe. This gratitude is the first and foremost, love, and the first step to communication with all people. This leads to love towards parents, friends and all things in the Universe.

The first step towards Kyu Shin Do is to have a clear understanding of each other through co-operation and affection towards each other. In the spirit of this most needed principle, we can live in healthy and perfect harmony in this world of to-day.

The ultimate aim of Kyu Shin Do is the achievement of permanent peace and happiness for the human race; which is the understanding towards neighbor, the understanding of the highest ideals and gratitude for all things. The person who has not an understanding mind and does not make any efforts to understand his neighbor, does not receive any respect or rewards.

To learn and perform good techniques is not the only aim or object of Judo. Judo is a way towards universal understanding and is just one of the many roads which can lead to world peace and Universal happiness. The way of Judo is not only realization of one's aim in life, but also gives the training and discipline necessary to strive to make an effort for life in peace and unity.

All life of any kind existent in the Universe has a continual flow of circulation and transmigration - for instance, we consume food and expel the waste. The donor who is ready to give and who does not ask or think, will surely be compensated by someone else. Similarly, if a man robs someone else, he in turn will be treated likewise. The practice of Judo is the same principle.

The human race in this world has the law of the Universe instilled in it. This is embodied in the principle that if we love , and our actions, motions and motives are of a peaceful harmonizing nature, they will be returned by those whom we have treated similarly.

The principle idea of Judo is always to give your best. The individual who makes an effort to give of his best is always well rewarded in life.

Kyu Shin Do starts from natural posture and this basically means the perfect relaxation of the mind and body, free from petty anxieties and illnesses. The actions of Kyu Shin Do are of gentle smooth movements, soft, quick and safe. These movements spring from a relaxed mind and body, which helps to build up strength and purpose.

We shall try to make an effort to harmonize with the Universe, otherwise we will discover that it is against us. The accumulation of effort is a steady circular movement about the center of gravity and radius.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #146379 by
Greetings Each

A female humpback whale had become entangled in a spider web of crab traps and lines. She was weighted down by hundreds of pounds of traps that caused her to struggle to stay afloat. She also had hundreds of yards of line rope wrapped around her body, her tail, her torso, a line tugging in her mouth.

This is her story of giving gratitude.

A fisherman spotted her just east of the Faralon Islands (outside the Golden Gate) and radioed for help. Within a few hours, the rescue team arrived and determined that she was so badly off, the only way to save her was to dive in and untangle her…. a very dangerous proposition. One slap of the tail could kill a rescuer.

They worked for hours with curved knives and eventually freed her.

When she was free, the divers say she swam in what seemed like joyous circles. She then came back to each and every diver, one at a time, nudged them, and pushed gently, thanking them. Some said it was the most incredibly beautiful experience of their lives.

The guy who cut the rope out of her mouth says her eye was following him the whole time, and he will never be the same.

May you be so fortunate To be surrounded by people who will help you get untangled from the things that are binding you.

And, may you always know the joy of giving and receiving gratitude

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #146398 by
I very much enjoyed reading that last piece. Thank you for sharing with us :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 10 months ago #148155 by
Greetings Each

For the last week I was away at a charity for ex servicemen and women. It would seem my fears have been proved correct and I am suffering with PTSD and have been for quite some time.

The staff at the center are fantastic. Not all of them fully understand what each individual is going thro' as it affects everyone in different ways as we are all individuals. What they do is provide guidance and by sharing information each individual is able to take something of value.

I have found that Jediism s not to dissimilar an individual can come here. Find what is useful,helpful and enlightening and work off that.

When got there was shown around the center and taken to the Occupational Therapy unit which is new. There I found some people building models and painting in verious styles. I was asked if I wanted any thing left out for the weekend. I said no as am not artistic and left it at that.

Last Sunday I was looking as some Japanese martial art badges (I have no idea why) I looked at one and I was hit by inspiration which is very rare in me lol. I took this idea and off I went back to the OT room. Found a table made some room. Found some paper paint and brushes and off I went.

dd find it hard and did most of it up side down inside out back to front and the wrong way round lol. I even managed to have dyslexia in Japanese Kanji lol. Joking aside there are many imperfection in life and in all things. These should not been seen as negative or unskilled anyone who has a 'GO' in anything and does it with a story to tell,with love compassion and not for any monetary gain cannot fail in my view.

The picture s the end result. It tells a story. Of a block of granite guarding a man. The two Katana are the warriors soul the life giving sword and the death dealing sword ( neither represents the taking of life) The Kanji is Bushido the way of the warrior which I am and always will be. The two swords in this case also make up part of the gate which I am now stood at. Beyond the gate is the new path and beyond that is Combat Stress the charity which is the house of knowledge, to which I must continue to travel to, to undo this troubled mind.The sun is a new dawn, a new beginning for me.

The granite has cracked and a very vulnerable individual is about to emerge. Ki has kept me safe for many many years. It is a gift I shall always cherish and do my very best to pass on to others.

This is quite a personnel message in some respects but I really don't have a problem with sharing it. What is past is past. What ever I do in this very moment is what counts these action predict what happens next....upload picture might be a good start lol

Ki guide and protect
Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #148555 by
Greetings Each

"It is folly simply to use the expression “mental disease”; the spirit is always healthy, and cannot fall sick in the true sense of the term. To talk of mental diseases is sheer nonsense. What happens is that the spirit’s power of expression is disturbed by the bodily organism, as distinct from a disease of the spirit or the soul itself. The manifestations in question are symptoms, and symptoms only." Rudolf Steiner.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #149292 by
Greetngs Each

Took this from a fellow Veteran :) Also quite fitting for D- Day

Every year in the month of June we reflect on eighty two
when war was then a reality and death took quite a few.
when bayonets were sharpened, when tracer filled the air,
where comfort was a shallow trench,in which with a mate you share.
when the freezing ground and bitter winds froze us to the bone,
where comradeship reminded us that we were not alone.
Today we are much older, but our memories do not fade,
with thoughts of our departed brothers, and the sacrifice they made.
So my fellow veterans,kith and kin as well,
let us never forget those lads whose story they cannot tell.

"LEST WE FORGET"

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #150996 by
Greetings Each

One does does not need a building to pray or to worship one just has to look outside everything one needs is within reach let it come to you.

Why did I open my curtains at this precise moment? No particular reason but I did. This was my gift, not sure what I have done to deserve it. Brought happiness to a troubled mind :)
Attachments:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 9 months ago #151249 by
Greetings Each :)

Some past thoughts . Where I was and where I am now

I am very much besotted with Bushido The Way of The Warrior. When I first began my studies I didn't really know how to define it or what it actually meant. Traditionally, the true meaning could only be found in Death. However one could argue, that there is no Death, there is the Force, KI ,for in Death we are born to eternal Life and become one with all things. I have mentioned before about my discovery of Ki and this immense warmth that I felt. Over time I have decided not to fathom it out or ask questions of it. There really is no need. All one has to do is accept it. The Native American puts it very well and calls it The Great Mystery.

The experiences I have endured in the past are reminder of where I was and my standard of conduct and ethics, are now who I strive to be . Some say you should not dwell on the past. To some extent I agree but the past is our lessons in life. for me it is also duty to those that I served with.

When you have the ability to just let go you can feel the energy of the Force, Ki. It gives comfort to a troubled mind it is a way of self cleansing to drop off unnecessary baggage . It is one with all things ,Earth, Wind, Fire, Water , Ki, Force . Yes Five becomes One.

The master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he is always doing both.

Practice happiness always fix a smile and let no one take it from you :)

• Whyte Horse
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • Do not try to understand me... rather realize there is no me.
More
9 years 9 months ago #151250 by Whyte Horse

MikeBudo wrote: Greetings

Thank you for stopping by. There are some good points from Campbell . Yes I agree, a young person would benefit and so might and older person. I still think one should at least have a look first. As for Watts I am not a fan. I prefer the traditional Zen which has been around for centuries :). Of course that is only my view doesn't in anyway make me right :)

Watts basically presents the same things that Eastern philosophies teach, but he does it using Western terminology. I had learned a lot of his teachings from Buddhists but when I found Watts, I gained an ability to relate these teachings to other Westerners who hadn't had the experience of talking to monks or living in the East.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi