Thoughts of a simple man

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #37745 by Damion_Storm
Please forgive my delay as my vacation put me a little behind so playing catch up with school and posting.

Mike I love your honesty and where I enjoyed the message in the campbell lectures i also found the delivery a bit boring. That said, we all have our reasons for being here some choose to learn only, some to just be here, some wish to teach and some to minister. No one is forced to do any more than they wish to do. If you choose to be here and continue to pass one wisdom that you have shared from time to time that is perfectly fine. As others have stated before the initiates program is only there for those who wish to progress to be a knight and take on apprentices themselves. You are as much a welcome member of this Temple as anyone else and, whether I post a reply to your topics or not I read evey one and find wisdom in what you say. I am also glad to hear you will stick around and continue to share your knowledge and if you know of anything else that might benifit the Temple do not hesitate to pass it on. Thank you greatly for your words.

Rev. Robert Cannon OCP
Bishop of TotJO
Master Knight of Jediism
B.Div

Active Apprentices: None
Former Apprentices: Cynthia, Alexandre Orion, Reliah, Archon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37749 by
Replied by on topic Re:Thoughts of a simple man
I'm pleased that you'll be staying to continue making quality posts.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37750 by
Greetings Each

Thank you for all you ind words.I will continue to lean as I plod on in my own way.

I guess being an old grumpy git I do have some experience in life.I was also fortunate to grow up in Africa. Looking back to those distant days I realize the Force was very much evident there.The rues of the wild. Yes it was brutal but it was fair. I've witnessed a Lion drinking from a water hole with other animals (kilaguni Lodge Tsavo National park) It seemed that it was like a time out in a football game.

Knowledge is all around us it is just a matter of conversing with others and listening to what they have to say. Here that is possible and no one starts jumping up and down stamping their feet and saying your wrong I'm right.

So thank you for all the support

The force be with you all

Mike

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37752 by
Oh by the way, did you watch the Power Of Myth episodes or just listen to them? See if you can get your hands on a copy of the DVDs. There's actually things to watch in between two old guys talking :P .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 3 weeks ago #37760 by
Good day Mike,

I am glad to hear you are going to continue to share your wisdom here at the Temple.

One of the big things to remember is that your journey is yours. What works for you may not work for others. The lessons in the Initiates Programme are a great source of foundation and gets one's mind to open up and helps us to ask questions and meditate on things we may not have done had we not done those lessons. You, and many others who frequent the Temple, already are well on your journey and the lessons in the Programme do not resonate with you.

It is good to reflect on such things at times, your Path is yours and yours alone. I am glad that your Path has led you here for we are all Masters and Students at the same time. You have much to offer us here and the discussion, such as this one, are great to keep all of us thinking and helping one another grow and travel our own individual Paths.

I thank you for your continued walk with us.

MTFBWY

Karn

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 1 month ago #141348 by
Replied by on topic Thoughts of a simple man
Greetings Each

Found this in the depths of past writings. I must say a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. I did leave for a while and did some study elsewhere. Oh yes the grass is greener on the other side. Well it was for a while. That is past tho' I do remain n contact with a few that I 'connected' with.

One should never forget ones routes. Everyone's path is different and f the path you are on looks familiar then you are most likely on the wrong one.

In most cases i always go back to the ' Great learning' written by Yagui Munenori. There is so much in that which really can guide a person to perfection. One must practice and train relentlessly day in day out and as within the Eight fold path. When you find something that suits your way of life and thinking stick to it and live by it.

I did loose my way a little, for a number of reasons. Some because it was necessary for me to do so others that were errors on my part.

From all of those comes ..Wisdom, knowledge and focus.

Ki guide and protect

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 4 weeks ago #142905 by
Greetings Each

Is there a youngster residing us that are getting older and is that youngster screaming out . saying. 'What the heck went wrong'?

As wander the streets of London during my day at work. I just can't help but notice just how serious most people are.
I have just turned 56. As a joke some will say I'm a grumpy git lol but for the most part I live life to the full. I have the benefit of teaching some young people and it brings back happy memories of childhood.

The joy of just being happy and playful rolling around in long grass, getting covered in mud and just the joy of playing with my friends.

For some reason. It seems to me that for whatever reason this joy of play and being silly fades either from pear pressure or the fear of being embarrassed. Yet as grow older I seem to be reverting back to that mad gay abandon. I'm having fun and I don't care what people think :)

When you are filled with happy thoughts there is no room for negativity or burdensome problems. Kds toys are a whole lot better than a scrabble board or a game of bridge..any day.

I have escaped and I am going to continue to be that crazy youngster.....Wahooooooooooooo lol

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 3 weeks ago #143517 by
THE GIFT OF KI (THE FORCE)

Had a meeting at office on Tuesday very motivational and felt really good. So come Wednesday I'm off to work with a real spring in my step as the day progressed all my plans were for one reason or another not happening. I kept going and stuck to my plan but it just turned out to be one of those days. To be honest I was a little deflated but I've been doing this long enough not to worry about t to much.

That evening I'm off to my club and ready for chaos to unleash itself. This being in the form of my students at my club all who are under 10 lol

I decided to get my own back on this mad bunch of individuals. With the help of a fellow instructor we decided to get them to do a kata a formal demonstration of ground holds (Judo). In the short time we had to give them an dea of what was required I was beginning to think this really wasn't a good idea. I had told them the best pair would receive a medal each for good practice. However some were now crying because they were finding really had to do but wanted to win the medal. I was now feeling rather guilty as I could now see ths was not going to go as I wanted it to.

I called time. Sat the students down and then got then in their pairs and so it began. Each pair came out and had a go. Mistakes were plentiful...BUT and huge one at that...The Effort and commitment to do the very best they could do was overwhelming to the point where I was close to tears. These youngsters had given their all and also shown that if you want something bad enough you can achieve it. Inch by inch, yard by yard never ever give in and protect your dreams.

Each child will be rewarded with a gold merit for effort.

My reward? Ah well that I cannot share with you as it is not something that one can explain but those who have felt the love and compassion of The Force will know what I mean :)

Those that havn't be patient my friends it will come. t is not something that you as an individual can want or search for. It will find you when you are ready to receive it...I had to wait 5 years before Ki found me :)...It is worth the wait

My point in all of this I guess brings back to what happened on Tuesday at the meeting. No matter how many times you get hit or how hard you get hit (not physically) never ever give up. Inch by inch, yard bye yard just keep going. Never let anyone tell you that you can't do something. If you truly believe you can do it...you go for it :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 weeks ago #143687 by
Greetings Each

Those who have one foot in the canoe, and one foot in the boat, are going to fall into the river. - Tuscarora

I quite like that :)

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #143690 by Whyte Horse
I got bored with the Campbell series too and went on to other lessons. I also can't write a 2000 word essay about something that takes one or two paragraphs to say. I definitely can't read a bunch of books on the lists, and believe me I tried. If you can get the gist of the lesson, I say move on to bigger and better things. I could see how a much more inexperienced person might get more out of it than someone with a lot of life experience. I honestly don't need to sit through 4 hours of campbell videos to understand the heroe's journey or the power of myths, lol. A lot of it is repeated over and over.

Check out the "Thoughts of Watts" thread for some interesting stuff.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi