Do please watch this :)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
14 years 3 months ago #28546 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re:Do please watch this :)
quite true, though sometimes the truth is difficult to see through the mist of deception.

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #28578 by
Replied by on topic Re:Do please watch this :)
OK, I agree with most of everything that has been said, by the responses. The people who created this film have some obvious bias, to say the least. As far as \"The Greatest Story ever told\" I believe that it would be possible to construe things the way they did. It is also equally possible they are wrong in everything they said. As for the rest of the movie, the only other part that I enjoy watching is the part about the central bank of the united states, I have long thought that the eventual downfall of economy as we know it will be due to the central banks, but I am not sure about all this conspiracy, it makes logical sense but there was no proof offered, so following the same lines of logic, I can't believe it. However, I do know the central bank needs to be gotten rid of :)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 3 months ago #28584 by RyuJin
banks in general i think....there's too much greed and corruption within the banking system...we pay them to hold our earnings, we pay them to withdraw our earnings from an atm, we pay them for accounting errors, we fall prey to their system going down for maintainance...and when you look at the current housing situation many fell victim to slick lending tactics, though admittedly they should not have tried to live outside their means...credit is a bad thing( though can be good if used properly) as many lack the restraint to control their spending...a cash based or barter system would be better...cash based makes it easy to control spending since if you don't have enough you know the moment you open your wallet...of course being a human condition i doubt greed will ever be gone...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 3 months ago #28585 by RyuJin
oh and let's not forget the massive paychecks, and bonuses that bank executives get while everyone else suffers in poverty

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #28589 by
TL;DW (too long; didn't watch) ... let me guess: they talked about the income tax stuff with the Federal Reserve?

The story I've heard about that (and seen some good historical evidence to support it) is that during the US Civil War in the 1860's, the Union borrowed money to finance it from wealthy families in the US and Europe. They then couldn't pay it off quickly enough because of interest. So, they levied the income tax, which established controls over popular wealth and actually was the founding reason for the Federal Reserve Bank (which is not a part of the government).

They then created the conditions for the Great Depression, which then led us to FEMA, then into World War II, Korea, and Vietnam--all of it a financial ploy (explained that way, it sounds a little ridiculous, but I'm oversimplifying the complex explanation I was given).

The point being, there are real conspiracies, but people should ask about what really matters, rather than merely trying to uncover the conspiracy... as if admitting to one lie will make all the lies apparent.

Anyway... before this gets too long, I tend to see that the centralized banking system is smoke and mirrors for the real issues.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
14 years 3 months ago #28598 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Do please watch this :)
I am something of a movie buff... It never ceases to amaze me how life imitates art imitates life.......

After watching the video, I first thought of a movie called \"Wag the Dog\", starring Dustin Hoffman. He portrays a movie director, hired by the U.S. Government to wage a 'war in the media'. He has to convince the public that there is a war going on to hide the real agenda of the government. 

The second movie I thought of was \"Men in Black\" it's a conversation between Will Smith (J) and Tommy Lee Jones (K):
Kay: We do not discharge our weapons in view of the public!

Jay: Man, we ain't got time for this cover-up bullshit! I don't know whether or not you've forgotten, but there's an Arquillian Battle Cruiser that's about to...

Kay: There's always an Arquillian Battle Cruiser, or a Corillian Death Ray, or an intergalactic plague that is about to wipe out all life on this miserable little planet, and the only way these people can get on with their happy lives is that they Do... Not... Know about it! 

and finally... I must not be as worldly as some of you, because I have not heard of this....

But, I will say this.

You should always take what people say with 'grain of salt'. Especially if it is something you are unfamiliar with and the speaker is unknown. I have not heard this before.... It should be somewhat verifiable... Which some of you have already said you have sources to disprove. But, if what was said was stated as an opinion, then, well, how do you argue with an opinion? We all \"know\" ours is right, right?

The first part of the recording concerning religion was very interesting.

The whole thing was, but just as doctors, lawyers, mechanics, and other professional people have specialized, the government and money handlers have done the same. I did not go to college. There are crooked lawyers and doctors and mechanics ..... I am stuck trusting these people. I can get a second opinion, but how do I know they are not in cahoots?

Basically, I have to have trust in the basic good of the world.

Speaking in the movie genre.... Don't most futuristic movies and shows, show a 'one world' or 'one universe' government? And is there still corruption? In the movies, yes.....

Money = galactic credit?

I don't know..... I've got no idea....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #28602 by
By the same token, Jestor, you must not only question what people tell you, but question whether or not such a question is necessary. A wise woman once told me (and I'm paraphrasing from memory, but this is close):

\"If we question too much and too often, we fail to see the beauty of life which is before us when we take a completely unjustified leap of faith.\"

I'm glad to see that phrase \"I don't know,\" used with the sincerity you did. Lots of people use that line as a copout, choosing instead to believe what they will.

Belief isn't a wholly negative thing, but make sure that your faith in something like government is justified. Trust is a good thing when it's not blind. And when someone wants to upend that trust, the question becomes one of what their purpose in doing so it. Do they want to hurt the trusted individual or group? Do they want control? Or perhaps money? Are they rabble-rousers who just want attention? Or are they just prone to stirring the pot a bit, seeing what rises to the surface?

The amount of self-importance which someone who does it for selfish aims such as these cannot be trusted.

A better aim is to protect people from madness, but our whole society in the US went insane after September 11, 2001: insane from the pain of the first attack by foreigners on our home turf in 60 years (give or take), insane from the grief of economic and social change which made everyone more desperate and greedy, insane from the anger and outrage at the lives lost, and insane from the changes which politicians enacted which eroded our personal freedoms in the name of \"catching the bad guys\" instead of empowering people.

And we were led by someone who by all rights acted insane.

But those who had an interest in discrediting the official version of the story had good reason to begin questioning it, especially as things just didn't match what we all knew to be true. It doesn't matter if Building 7 was demolished with dynamite, C4 or a tactical nuclear warhead; what matters is not whether or not a lie was being told, but in what details were lied about. We know that there were lies, but we can't simply question every detail and expect it to uncover other lies.

Some details simply don't matter, where the whole picture is concerned.

Nobody stops to consider that centralized banking is a private industry, and that at present it actually controls politics in a very big way. But most conspiracies I've heard go completely the other direction, that government is somehow the corrupting influence. But what if the banks are corrupting government in a way that nobody suspects, by offering them expensive gifts that they don't have to pay for, or compensating them in ways which don't have to be reported? What if government officials were so influenced by banking and other private industries that they were willing to go to great lengths to protect the rights of these organizations above the rights of citizens.

In the US, this has just happened. And the scarier part of that: it's the way things in Europe have been for 50 years and more. The erosion of democracy is something that most people just don't see happening when it's right in front of them, and yet we're still worried over whether or not \"Avatar\" is knocked out of the first-place cinema box-office spot after 6 weeks of being there, and why Vanity Fair Magazine is racist?

We must question what we're being spoon-fed. There is certainly a bias in the news media, and the issue is not that government controls big business, but whether or not big business controls government.

They love it when we have someone to focus on who isn't them; and yet they stick around, continuing to create more power and laws, and nobody stops to even consider the source of the information they view on a daily basis. And when someone like me tries to point out that there are bigger issues, I get told that they're boring and uninteresting, so they're ignored.

The death of liberty is apathy. And we have it today in spades.

But what do we question?

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
More
14 years 3 months ago #28609 by RyuJin
it's the golden rule...he who has the gold makes the rules...if big business didn't run the government then there would be no \"special\" interest groups, no lobbyists throwing money and gifts to shady politicians in order to get a favorable vote...it's an unfortunate part of politics....money talks, and bull...t walks.....as long as there are wealthy individuals powered by greed and greedy politicians powered by wealth, the corporations will control everything, and the politicians will manipulate the media to hide the truth....to answer the question of what to question....question everything and decide what to take on faith and what to distrust....the funny thing about opinions is that they're like sphincters, everyone has one, they all stink, and nobody will admit it.

Quotes:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 years 3 months ago #28611 by
Sort of, yeah... but the issue is that the officials are forced to take the money because the only other choice is to end their careers. Politicians do not really manipulate the media as much as the media manipulates the politicians. These are documentable fact, if history in the past 2 decades are acceptable as documentation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi