Sith

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #5500 by
Replied by on topic Re:Sith
I feel honored to be a part of such an order, you discuss things maturely and according to the Jedi way.
But the thought of the Sith out there cannot be ignored. What if they start to pose a threat. I have already witnessed what a few words from someone who could be said to be coming from a Sith point of view has sparked up. What if the Sith start to pose a threat against us? What if they start turning people against the Jedi? Surely we must consider this. I am aware that we can ignore them to a certain extent, and i am sure people will always remain true to the Jedi code and not turn to the dark side.
But what if hate from the Sith and other lay people turns the Jedi and the Sith into a fight? I am aware that these are worrying thoughts and i am new to the Jedi Order and indeed i am relatively young myself, but i think these points should be noted by all. We should not be afraid or ignore the Sith, but we should be aware of them and what they might do.

I am sorry if this sparks more conflict within our order and before anyone posts please remember that i am only suggesting something and what I tell of might not even come true at all, the Sith might do nothing. But i would rather be sure that people had at least some knowledge and some awareness of the other side (the darker side) of The Force using people out there in the world. I would rather be knowledgeable of them, than ignorant of them. For is that not in our Jedi Code?
Please think before you react to this post I do no wish for more conflict.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
16 years 9 months ago #5501 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Sith
As far as dangers of attacks from within and without are concerned, I don`t think anyone is safe no matter what religion, institution.... . No not even the Sith are safe from attack. This is a matter of fact which cannot be pushed away, but one with which we have to learn to live with. No-matter who does what, the first thing we should remember is that everyone is either brother/sister with a valid individual point of view. A lack of mutual understanding is often the cause for conflict. This does not mean that we should not be able to defend ourselves in the face of aggression. Our doctrine suggest meditation, mindfulness, trust in the will of the Force, love, compassion, peace, justice, negotiate, knowledge, protecting and preserving fundamental rights... as possibilities of confronting conflict. As Jedi we have as many answers as there are possible attacks.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi