Jedi clothing

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13098 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi clothing
I pûrchased a lightsabre that is from Master Replicas which are a fraction of the cost of the parksabers and I think can be found at Walmart. I bought mine at a specialty gaming store. Unlike the parksabres, you can't change the blade, and they aren't as unique. You are stuck with the usual green, blue or red blades.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13100 by
You can purchase the FX Sabers at, of all places, Spencers Gifts at any mall for around $100.
MTFBWY

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13103 by
You know my Iaido clothing works for the most part. I've had an robe from outerrobes for two years and it's been just great, I highly recommend them. I've been thinking of getting a tunic set made but have been putting it off as my training equipment takes precedence. For a saber I have two RLSA sabers. One has electronics and one's still empty.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13107 by
you know..i have found that the best way of getting Jedi clothing is just to take up sewing and do it yourself. I made all mine, and i think it's better than paying a TON of money to order stuff.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13110 by
I've been looking at the sites people have been posting. The more I see, the options get better!
I would like one of the more expensive sabers but family comes first. The tunics, belts, robes are more in my price range. I can't sew, but if anyone knows of a pattern or two I can ask my wife if she knows anyone that can.
Last year, I purchsed the FX lightsaber and a licensed robe from a costume shop. It isn't very good at all. I wore a highland shirt that I picked up at a Scottish Highland games that was very comfortable and a pair of cargo pants. The only things I could pull together quickly that were tan colored.
I want better...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13112 by
I've been searching again and came across this site the Custom Saber Shop. Cool stuff! I even found out how to convert my MR Saber and change the blade!
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/default.aspx

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13158 by
yeah the saber shop is awesome. i've actually been working on a number of sabers. i get my LED's from them. there are actually alot of options, yoyu can use your hasbro toy sound and a luxeon. but be careful they fry easy. there's a site called the big yellow box that has some awesome saber plans.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
15 years 11 months ago - 15 years 11 months ago #13174 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Re:Jedi clothing
I have patterns for the Jedi Tunic's (sets include pants), Robes, etc., even other Star Wars patterns like, Leia's Ep.IV, Three of Padme's (One of the Queens dresses, the White body suit from Ep.II and the blue Night gown from Ep.III), Aayla Secura's Jedi costume, Lukes Black Jedi costume from Ep.VI,(Mens. Womens & childrens sizes)(just need one more pattern for the Tunic vest to complete it and I'll have it all for that costum, except the glove)... All of them except for one of Padme's I have in adult and children. Took me a while to get all of them but I plan this summer to start making custom Sets to be available to those looking for them, have to get family matters after my husbands passing in line and the finances to make model sets for people to see and see if they wish to purchase them from me. It will not be a full time business but I will do custom sets for Members...

I'll go hunt down then patterns and get the numbers, some are available on ebay under star wars patterns, you can get some at good prices some are expensive... If you get patterns all are set in sets of ie: S-M-L, and what I have found to be useful is to carbon copy or xerox copy the patterns of each size so that you have the original. If you don't and for some reason down the line want to make a smaller or larger costume, you would have to by a whole new set.

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
Last edit: 15 years 11 months ago by Neaj Pa Bol. Reason: misspelled words

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13213 by
what material do you make the robes out of? been investigating material and i think wool for the outer robe- but what about jedi tunics? i was looking for a mace look (textured and more a yellow tan). anyone more crafty got soem ideas?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13466 by
Regarding Advanced Light Weaponry:

...I think I'm gonna cry...

It's just so beautiful! If I had the money, I would definitely invest in a hyperrealistic lightsaber. It even has the crystal in there, doesn't it? Wow... I'm seriously in awe.

(And one of the examples looked so deliciously steampunk... oh, man, now I have a neat idea if I ever make my own...)

I have a large sized stretch of material in my closet, I may very well try my own cloak or robe before shelling out money to get a pre-made one. If all else fails, I have a really sweet brown hooded sweatshirt.

I'll definitely be bookmarking some of these sites, though. Some of the robe materials they have look infinitely more comfortable than what I have...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi