Intergenerational Orion

More
2 years 3 months ago #364509 by Tobias
Today the three of us who are Alexandre, Rosalyn and myself Tobias were meeting on discord to have a wonderful conversation. Three generations of Jedi met to sit down and talk about all kinds of events that had happened to us in our daily lives. And soon we were passing over to watch these events and our reactions to them out of a Jedi perspective. As we were proceeding with our thoughts Alexandre had the idea to agree on reading a book together to add some deeper background to our perspectives.
But the conversation went on for a while and first of all we were just having a good time, enjoying the moment and enjoying that we knew each other. Some of the interesting topics we were talking about, just to give you a clue, were, how different generations of jedi react to people bothering us (I mean for example by bypassing a queue), if and how pipe-smoking is an art and in what way. We were also talking about the different types of experiences one has while sitting on the beach in Southern California or in Northern Germany. And we were discussing if “sneezing is a choice”. Especially the latter question was to discuss deeply and philosophically, if you know what I mean. Well, for my part, the conversation brought back to my mind that working on my B-div actually IS a choice, and that is not “work I have to do”, that is something that I will enjoy and benefit from so I just made a choice to start doing so again.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Teaching Master: Rosalyn J
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Lykeios Little Raven, Carlos.Martinez3, Loudzoo, Diana W, River

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #364513 by Serenity Amyntas
Am i very forward when i ask which book? :whistle:

Servizio cura rispetto *Gloria alla Casa dei Soli Gemelli*

More
2 years 3 months ago #364515 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Intergenerational Orion

Serenity Amyntas wrote: Am i very forward when i ask which book? :whistle:

The Denial of Death by Becker

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 3 months ago #364517 by Serenity Amyntas
Thanks Rosalyn much appreciated :)

Servizio cura rispetto *Gloria alla Casa dei Soli Gemelli*

More
2 years 3 months ago #364523 by Lykeios Little Raven
Sounds like it was a delightful conversation! Wish I could have dropped by ;) But then, I’m not officially part of the clan anymore.

I would have weighed in on the “pipe smoking as an art form” thing for sure.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi