Curious on feelings

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago #362340 by
Replied by on topic Curious on feelings

Manu wrote: I do recommend people in their teens stay away from substances. Habits are easier to form as coping mechanisms. I was lucky never to be exposed to alcohol or drugs until my mid-twenties.

Also it can alter your cognitive abilities if your brain isn't fully formed yet. Think 23 is the lowest age I can recommend, and believe the science backs me on that one. But of course that understanding can change if new info rises.

But whadda I know? I started when I was 22 and now am a complete dolt. XD learn from me, children.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago #362341 by

Shepherd wrote: Firstly, I do not understand how making a bold and decisive statement about the monetary and health-related effects of using cannabis has any reference at all to your reluctance to comment. It comes across as sure and decided, not contemplative, skeptical or doubtful.

Secondly, if you were nervous about answering, perhaps it would have behooved you to take more time before you answered. That is not to say that you should not have answered, but simply forgetting your reluctance, willing yourself to ignore your own doubts without facing up to the reality of those doubts and addressing them as they are (that is, truly accepting that you have doubts and asking why you have those doubts) does not mean you have properly addressed your uncertainty. You have pointed out the virtue of courage, and here I would direct you to it to consider it more fully.

How did you overcome your reluctance to comment, your worries about the ramifications of your comment? Did you address that reluctance as reluctance, asking where this reluctance was coming from? Or, did you manifest will (that is, Passion) to empower your decision to comment, and do so without regards for your instinctual reluctance? When speaking of the Jedi Way, when giving advice to other seekers on the Path or "laymen" alike, we should try to speak from a place where there is no Passion, there is Serenity. We should not give advice based purely on instinct, or purely on personal experience or belief, or purely upon the words of others (be they mentors or otherwise). We must synthesize our gut, our experience and our tutelage to create something that does not Passionately come from any one place, but Serenely manifests from all places.

There is a Middle Way between answering surely despite reluctance and choosing not to answer out of this reluctance, or fear. I am not sure you have trod that path well in this instance.

I saw the question, and noticed that for many hours nobody replied. Crickets as they say

Being new here i had no sense of the general view on the topic, Its legal in some places illegal in others, and is none the less used by a broad spectra of the populace, ive known Lawyers who partake as an example. Therefore no matter what answer i gave, It was always going to alienate someone as a statistical likelyhood.

Still i was risk averse to answering, I asked my wife what she thought i should do, she said dont risk it, I watched as the author logged in a few times, perhaps wanting to see if anybody engaged in the question, None had.

Knowing that any reply was going to be contrary to someones view, i sought guidance in the doctrine, The quote i used was the basis for proceeding with a reply despite the risk of a negative response, Your own reply's confirm my concerns.

I am satisfied and remain so, i trod the path correctly.

I get it, ive hit the site like a puppy dog at a house party, ive scampered about the house, sniffing crotches. and poking my nose into anything that smells interesting, even had the odd unfortunate accident here and there. I promise you its come from a place of enthusiasm and happiness to be here, and my metaphorical tail has been wagging furiously the whole time.

Some have rubbed my nose, and used the rolled up newspaper, others have shown kind and gentle patience and positive reinforcement. Each must do what they feel is right of course.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #362343 by Shepherd
Replied by Shepherd on topic Curious on feelings

WoodfordJedi wrote:

Shepherd wrote: Firstly, I do not understand how making a bold and decisive statement about the monetary and health-related effects of using cannabis has any reference at all to your reluctance to comment. It comes across as sure and decided, not contemplative, skeptical or doubtful.

Secondly, if you were nervous about answering, perhaps it would have behooved you to take more time before you answered. That is not to say that you should not have answered, but simply forgetting your reluctance, willing yourself to ignore your own doubts without facing up to the reality of those doubts and addressing them as they are (that is, truly accepting that you have doubts and asking why you have those doubts) does not mean you have properly addressed your uncertainty. You have pointed out the virtue of courage, and here I would direct you to it to consider it more fully.

How did you overcome your reluctance to comment, your worries about the ramifications of your comment? Did you address that reluctance as reluctance, asking where this reluctance was coming from? Or, did you manifest will (that is, Passion) to empower your decision to comment, and do so without regards for your instinctual reluctance? When speaking of the Jedi Way, when giving advice to other seekers on the Path or "laymen" alike, we should try to speak from a place where there is no Passion, there is Serenity. We should not give advice based purely on instinct, or purely on personal experience or belief, or purely upon the words of others (be they mentors or otherwise). We must synthesize our gut, our experience and our tutelage to create something that does not Passionately come from any one place, but Serenely manifests from all places.

There is a Middle Way between answering surely despite reluctance and choosing not to answer out of this reluctance, or fear. I am not sure you have trod that path well in this instance.

I saw the question, and noticed that for many hours nobody replied. Crickets as they say

Being new here i had no sense of the general view on the topic, Its legal in some places illegal in others, and is none the less used by a broad spectra of the populace, ive known Lawyers who partake as an example. Therefore no matter what answer i gave, It was always going to alienate someone as a statistical likelyhood.

Still i was risk averse to answering, I asked my wife what she thought i should do, she said dont risk it, I watched as the author logged in a few times, perhaps wanting to see if anybody engaged in the question, None had.

Knowing that any reply was going to be contrary to someones view, i sought guidance in the doctrine, The quote i used was the basis for proceeding with a reply despite the risk of a negative response, Your own reply's confirm my concerns.

I am satisfied and remain so, i trod the path correctly.

I get it, ive hit the site like a puppy dog at a house party, ive scampered about the house, sniffing crotches. and poking my nose into anything that smells interesting, even had the odd unfortunate accident here and there. I promise you its come from a place of enthusiasm and happiness to be here, and my metaphorical tail has been wagging furiously the whole time.

Some have rubbed my nose, and used the rolled up newspaper, others have shown kind and gentle patience and positive reinforcement. Each must do what they feel is right of course.

Two hours passed between the posting of the thread and your reply. This is not a particularly long amount of time, nor was it strange that it went unanswered for so long, given that the post was made in the deep of the night for our American friends (who are so far as I can tell, the largest and most active demographic on the site). I say this not to reprimand you or necessarily to disagree (I can also get restless when I see a thread left open for a long time), but simply to allow you to relax. There is no need to stress over the crickets, if there are any.

Now that I re-read your first reply to me, I understand that when you said "the quote", you were referring to the line you used from our doctrine. It seemed to me that you were referring to your own quote in the section you had quoted from my post in which you said "Your wallet and lungs are better off without it". My apologies that I did not understand this from your reply. I would advise that in the future however, you take more time to explain yourself.

You are not a puppy. You are not at a house party, nor are you scampering about somebody's house. Yes, I understand that this is a metaphor, but this metaphor does not translate well to this temple. Though it may be online and though it may be somewhat informal, this place is a temple. Sensitive issues are discussed here. I cannot afford you the same freedoms I might afford a puppy, because the expectations I have of Jedi in this temple are much greater than I would expect of a puppy. I respect your views and opinions and respond to them with consideration - not with a rolled up newspaper. You have not been struck, not been simply turned away with aggression. A dialogue has been opened to you.

Your enthusiasm is welcome, very welcome, as it should be. It is the spark that drives you. This enthusiasm should not drive you, however, to speak too quickly, or without enough consideration and care.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Shepherd.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago #362346 by
As you say you have no experience with cannabis

The OP asked the question, i was hesitant to answer, but i did so anyway risking the very brow beating ive gotten.

My advice, from experience remains the same. It was given with consideration and honesty.
I can only satisfy myself to that effect.

In my experience, your wallet and lungs are better off without it.

I have nothing more to say on this subject

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago #362347 by
The reason I have not yet responded is because I wanted to feel where others were on the issue. I came to it as a posting to gain knowledge and insights from fellow Jedi and master's. I do not ask to divide, but out of pure curiosity.

For me personally, it is very much part of my spiritual journey, not something I attach to but a tool. For me, I feel more in harmony when I consume cannabis. I do understand this is not the same for everyone. I often consume before I meditate or before I consult with my tarot card. For me it brings understanding of the force around me.

Some people see it as a medication or even possibly a hindrance to oneself because it can cause one too loose ambition or hinder ones capability to function. And it can become an unneeded attachment if one is not careful. But I find, that by consuming before my meditation or tarot readings, I find myself relying on the force more. Becoming one with the force and not letting my own thoughts mumble what the force needs to teach me.

I came to this temple to learn, not just stuff I agree with or know, but to learn from different experiences or ways of life. One of the main lessons I've learned in my studies so for her at the temple, are that all our stories and experiences are all connected and tell the same story. We are all on a journey at different parts and I came here too learn and teach and even sometimes change my perspective.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #362348 by

Angelsimpson wrote: I often consume before I meditate or before I consult with my tarot card.

On that Subject i can recommend Aleister Crowley's "book of Thoth"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Thoth_(Crowley)

And although fiction an great insight showing a detailed knowledge of the topic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot_series

https://gizmodo.com/how-piers-anthony-made-me-lose-my-religion-1747365116

The Tarot trilogy is nothing less than Anthony’s complete and total exploration of religion, morality, sexuality, politics, education, and goodness knows what else.

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by .

More
2 years 7 months ago #362349 by Vincent Causse
Replied by Vincent Causse on topic Curious on feelings
About wallet, lungs, extremly strong cannabis that could be empare your jugement and become more of a drug, there is an easy enough way to skip most of this ! A friend of mine used to grow cannabis organically, it was cheap, not very strong, smoked with out additive so not really lung damaging ( i mean no smoke at all is better). I do understand the use of cannabis especially out in the wild, it does feel like it opens up your senses. Why not ! While it does not become a must but only as an extra.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
2 years 7 months ago #362364 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Curious on feelings
Cannabis is a weed (which grows effortlessly and isn't damaging to the environment) that can be eaten.

How it disproportinally affects one's lungs or wallet, I do not know. To go buy food I have to fuel my car and drive. Just that is more damaging to my lungs and wallet than any plant I can think of.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shepherd

More
2 years 7 months ago #362365 by Carlos.Martinez3
The value we have is up to us somtimes and for the value of this very thing, it will vary and understandably too. I can tell you from a personal path that were are much more things of significance to my health and mental well being than smoking. Later in life, as I reflect, I find value in re-adjusting some attachments and some vices I once had. Now, there are things that once held me; now free. Too much is too much. The love of things can be a thin line between help and harm. Luckily, we as individuals are more than capable of figuring out what is good for our own paths. I encourage you to keep that seek light on. If I can encourage you to do something here it is to keep asking. I smoke. Not like I did in my riotous living days. There is not many riotous days to live any more on my path. I have actually found a different value and a great balance. I have chickens and do not buy eggs. The same can be said for many paths in my life. I have books and often tend my own library and garden. I can and so can you. It did take some good reflection and some sober ones too. Many more than the latter. The result is that I can stand on my choices and encourage others to value their own. Always leave room for change and adjustment in everything you can. I recommend not to break the law. I do recommend you do some study and find a place in your path where you can learn. If anything keeps me from learning, I ditch it quick. Hope this helps you find a good place in your own path.
Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vincent Causse,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi