Day of Reflection

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347851 by
Day of Reflection was created by
Hello!

I wish you all a peaceful and festive Day of Reflection. I was hoping to do a small activity here to get to know everyone better and also to reflect on what has brought us here ad our goals for the upcoming year. So below are a series of questions I wrote up, feel free to answer them all or only what you want and I hope you enjoy this little Day of Reflection activity!

1. What experience in your past changed your life path for the better?

2. Who in your past are you thankful for?

3. What was your favourite memory of this year?

4. What negative aspect of your past have you worked on and seen change in yourself?

5. In the present moment, what do you wish to let go?

6. What experience are you looking forward to this year?

7. Do you have any goals for this year?

8. Is there anything you want to stop or quit this year?

9. What achievement are you looking forward to this year?

10. Are there any books/movies/video games/courses/activities you are looking forward to this year?

I hope these questions are in line with the nature of the Day of Reflection. I hope you enjoy a peaceful and fun Day of Reflection and, as always, may the force be with you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347853 by
Replied by on topic Day of Reflection
1. I got attacked which made me see life in a different way and made me a better person
2. I am thankful for my parents and my boyfriend
3.My favourite memory was starting at college instead of high school
4.I used to be a very angry person however I feel I have changed and become more peaceful and I feel learning jedism will make me even better
5.I wish to let go the memory of being attacked so I can get on with my everyday life a bit more normally
6.I am looking forward to having a bit more responsibility and becoming more and more grown up
7.I have no goals for this year only next year as it is so close
8.I want to stop snapping at my boyfriend when he is annoying towards me and others
9.I am looking forward to becoming a better person
10.I am looking forward to the new watchdogs game

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347855 by

KOTK wrote: 1. What experience in your past changed your life path for the better?

A simultaneous emotional falling apart and spiritual awakening. I became an entirely new person. It has been the greatest gift of my life so far.

KOTK wrote: 2. Who in your past are you thankful for?

There are many ... but most I met in the 1980's.

KOTK wrote: 3. What was your favourite memory of this year?

Visiting a nearby town that is nestled within a national forest. It is a remarkably peaceful, beautiful place.

KOTK wrote: 4. What negative aspect of your past have you worked on and seen change in yourself?

Overcoming the experience of being raised in an alcoholic family. I recovered from the experience to a substantial degree, but recently have been contemplating there is more work to be done.

KOTK wrote: 5. In the present moment, what do you wish to let go?

As a wish, grief ... not so much for the past, but for unfolding aspects of our shared reality that threaten our present and future. As long as these aspects are emerging, grief is probably an appropriate reaction, but I'd welcome not having to deal with it.

KOTK wrote: 6. What experience are you looking forward to this year?

Managing to run (well, on the elliptical trainer due to a foot injury) for ten continuous minutes at a 10-mile-per-hour average pace.
Improving finances.
Focusing more on spirituality as a daily habit.
Finishing watching the Star Wars film series. (I still haven't seen the last two films.)

KOTK wrote: 7. Do you have any goals for this year?

Same answers as # 6, I guess.

KOTK wrote: 8. Is there anything you want to stop or quit this year?

Procrastinating organization of my home. It's gotten ridiculous.

KOTK wrote: 9. What achievement are you looking forward to this year?

Completing one work-related project, and advancing significantly on another.
Everything under # 6, again.

KOTK wrote: 0. Are there any books/movies/video games/courses/activities you are looking forward to this year?

I've purchased several online courses I haven't finished. I'd like to complete at least two.
Seeing the latest Star Wars films (see # 6 yet again!)
I'm midway through a book about Neville Goddard's teachings that I am looking forward to completing, and then want to read a 2nd book that is on its way to me now.

That was a helpful exercise, KOTK. I probably wouldn't have compiled that list without a nudge. Thank you!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347858 by
Thanks for the prompt, KOTK

Paradoxically, my divorce. Though we had tried to be what we thought the other person had wanted, it turns out we weren't very good at guessing what that was - and more than that, we were pretty poorly matched. Ending that relationship re-taught me how to be happier with - and by - myself, which in turn led to a much happier and healthier relationship.

There are several, but I had a coach in high school whose shadow still looms large more than 25 years later. I played football, and while he wasn't my position coach, he was also the strength and conditioning coach, so he was a daily presence through the winter, spring, and summer. In addition to introducing me to the weight room (and some more fundamental lessons like discipline and work ethic), he introduced me to new music and other things. My visits to my hometown are often short these days, but when I have time I like to try and say hi.

3. What was your favorite memory of this year?

We had a couple of great trips. In March, we spent a week in Scotland followed by a week with some cousins in Germany. In April, we attended our first Star Wars Celebration (while I realize this isn't a fansite, I suspect for at least a couple of us there's some overlap in our entertainment tastes and our desire to walk this path in our daily lives). We also made a quick weekend getaway to Lake Tahoe in April to ski. I've skied for decades, while my wife has only ever been a couple of times - but she's a good sport and it's another thing we seem to enjoy sharing together.

4. What negative aspect of your past have you worked on and seen change in yourself?

I think I am definitely more patient and tolerant than I used to be. I think there's probably still some room to grow when it comes to patience.

I'm still easily distracted and find it easy to procrastinate things I know I shouldn't. I could definitely continue to improve on focus and time management as I near the two-year mark in a rather independent, work-from-home career.

We'll be spending a week in Ireland in March, and we'll be going back to Celebration (see above), where I'll reunite with some folks I've only met a couple of times before, meet others I do some collaboration with online, and introduce the experience to my wife's brother and to my lifelong best friend.

I would definitely like to arrest, if not reverse, what middle age and my last assignment in the military before retiring have done to what little physical conditioning I had! Part of that has to do with the distraction/procrastination I mentioned earlier.

Instead of thinking about "stopping" or "quitting," I prefer to think in terms of spending time more mindfully (or, using the question's terminology, stop wasting so much time)

Working through the IP, of course... B)
As well as completing a training program I've been working through for most of 2019 that will let me take on some bigger projects in one of my lines of work.

10. Are there any books/movies/video games/courses/activities you are looking forward to this year?

Is it disingenuous to say "the next one"? Because I have a kindle that's just about out of memory (thanks, BookBub) and shelves stuffed with hard-copy books to read....

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347861 by
I Wish also nice Day of Reflection to all of you! Nice finishing of the year, thank you KOTK.
It´s good to remind ourselves what we have done and trying to find that bright side of us.
May the Force be with you all !

(1) What experience in the past changed your life path to the better?
My choice of study English after I have graduated, because I met there very nice people, which I never met before. In previous schools
I had bad collective of people, who were hostile vulgar, with lack of empathy to others.

(2) Who in your past are you grateful for?
I am grateful for I had great teacher of Czech language on my secondary school. Because she was brilliant at teaching, she always explained all the stuff very well,
her classes were vivid, so nobody fell into sleep, everybody paid attention. She was very funny,
I remember her jokes during the verbal examine; me: Renaissance literature is dated from... teacher: And who wrote the Black Obelisk? me:" I don´t know"
teacher: "Don´t pretend you don´t know it, I am sure you know it" < it's my precious (as Gollum would said).

(3) What is your favorite memory of this year?
It is probably our teambuilding with people from school - that one where are nice people.

(4) What negative aspect of your past have you worked on and seen change in yourself?
I worked on transformation of my bad habit to be people pleaser - from my childhood, and have to say that now I am more independent
and don´t bother me so much lf somebody is not happy. Because I know that everybody are responsible for their own actions, so you can´t complain about
person who did not act as you expect to. I think that is needed to be kind and honest but only those who deserve it, if somebody is nice to me, I am nice to her/him too,
otherwise...( I don´t turn the other cheek).

(5) In the present moment what do you wish to let go?
I wish to let go certain event in my childhood which influenced my whole life.Till this day I still struggle with that and it ruins my life.

(6) What experience are you looking forward to this year?
I am looking forward to travel alone to the England and wander around city, especially to some bookshops! I love to explore new country on my own.
I have been in Dresdenand wandered around and it was awesome experience.

(7) Do you have any goals to this year?
Of course. My goal it to save money for my trip to England. Also run 5 km race. And read at least 20 books per year.

(8) Is there anything you want to stop or quit this year?
Yeah, to stop complaining < which does not mean to be satisfied with bad servise or quality< careful about this. Complaint free challenge.
Neither it´s annoying to hear that, but rather the fact that it influence you negatively in life.

(9) What achievement are you looking forward to this year?
I am looking forward to my 5km run, because I have been always bad at run. And to this year I were able to run 2,5km.
So I am sure I can do it.

(10) Are there any books/movies/video games/courses/activities you are looking forward to this year?
Yees please, I am looking forward on my archery classes. I already shot from bow, so that´s why I am so excited.
And books hmm, not really, though I am bookworm I don´t read new books so much, just sometimes. I read more classics.

More
4 years 3 months ago #347868 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Day of Reflection
There are a few. Personally one was - it was that moment my wife told me I could buy one book. This, today stands the Martinezlibrary.

Those folks who took time to shine their own faiths in their own life’s. After they are gone - regardless of their faith it was their example that showed me - things are possible. People can shine the same way but in different paths,

Truthfully getting my disability paperwork this year finished and getting what my family has been working hard for. The end of the paper work.

Not repeating a few choices is always a plaid. This year I’ve done just that. Truthfully this year it’s been a temper taming time.

Not sure yet -

Finding a way to face to face meet some Jedi from around the globe.

A few here a few there -For ministry and temple there’s a few but for me personally - more personal moments - time with others in my family.

Smoking
Making Senior Knight maybe even Master

The end of what began a long time ago in a galaxy far away. Smiley face

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347869 by

KOTK wrote: Hello!

I wish you all a peaceful and festive Day of Reflection. I was hoping to do a small activity here to get to know everyone better and also to reflect on what has brought us here ad our goals for the upcoming year. So below are a series of questions I wrote up, feel free to answer them all or only what you want and I hope you enjoy this little Day of Reflection activity!

Is there any experience that has not changed my life for the better?

My parents, frank, the founding fathers, and my best friend!

Moving into my dream house!

Getting rid of those things and people that have no function.

Nothing, I have shed those things when the new year started on the 24th.

A trip to california!

Sure, mostly about school.

Nope

Idk, working on being a good knight?

Alien resurrection.

I hope these questions are in line with the nature of the Day of Reflection. I hope you enjoy a peaceful and fun Day of Reflection and, as always, may the force be with you.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi