Taking time

More
4 years 6 months ago #344837 by Carlos.Martinez3
Taking time was created by Carlos.Martinez3
I would like to take this time to open myself to any questions or discussions for the Temple.
I am at your service.
Other people can do the same thing in the Temple and we have in the past but since it seems that todays actual Temple isnt yesterdays, lets do this now with those who are here.

You have at your service a
Pastor
Council Member
a Training master
a Knight
a father
a lover
a friend
a Jeddist
a human

Got any questions? Ill try and answer every one directly or in a pm if you like just ask.

i am at your service.

Attachment kiliandfiligif.gif not found

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Jhannuzs Ian, Jake Nislan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #344840 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Taking time
There was another thread recently where I casually threw in the question, but never got a response, so thanks for this opportunity.

What exactly is a "Jeddist"? I understand that Jediism is the philosophy of, or at least let's say a philosophy based on that of the Jedi, and a Jediist is then a follower/practitioner of Jediism. I have never heard of the Jedd, though. At first I thought that when you mentioned Jeddism or Jeddists it was just spelling mistakes, but you seem to make that reference rather quite consistently, and you did mention Jediism/Jediists not too long ago, too. So I'm thinking maybe there is some (new-ish) development in the community that completely passed me by and I'm curious.

Also, as a pastor, a Councilor and a Knight of the TOTJO, what is your view/opinion on the Jedi Code? Do you believe it can serve to consistently inform decisions or attitudes? Can it be said to have any non-relative meaning? If it does have some non-relative meaning, do you believe it should carry any importance for the purposes of drafting a metric to cast a Jedi path by? And if it does not have any non-relative meaning, do you believe there is another way by which it can be generally said to relate to Jediism?

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
4 years 6 months ago #344841 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Taking time

Gisteron wrote: There was another thread recently where I casually threw in the question, but never got a response, so thanks for this opportunity.

What exactly is a "Jeddist"? I understand that Jediism is the philosophy of, or at least let's say a philosophy based on that of the Jedi, and a Jediist is then a follower/practitioner of Jediism. I have never heard of the Jedd, though. At first I thought that when you mentioned Jeddism or Jeddists it was just spelling mistakes, but you seem to make that reference rather quite consistently, and you did mention Jediism/Jediists not too long ago, too. So I'm thinking maybe there is some (new-ish) development in the community that completely passed me by and I'm curious.

Also, as a pastor, a Councilor and a Knight of the TOTJO, what is your view/opinion on the Jedi Code? Do you believe it can serve to consistently inform decisions or attitudes? Can it be said to have any non-relative meaning? If it does have some non-relative meaning, do you believe it should carry any importance for the purposes of drafting a metric to cast a Jedi path by? And if it does not have any non-relative meaning, do you believe there is another way by which it can be generally said to relate to Jediism?

I use often “a modern day Jeddist” for a reason, mainly it’s not about the labels . Most any one can reasonably apply any chosen label in place of “modern day Jeddist” for whichever flavor of Jeddist they choose and receive the same value of the idea.
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/22-projects-and-committees/122969-attn-council-updated-doctrine-proposal?start=60#344805

It ain’t about the labels but since you’re asking - I don’t wanna get sued or even asked about copyright stuff so I try to use less terms that are common to those who would be doing the sue-ing and those who are getting sued. Make sense? It’s a totally generic applicable term we won’t ( I won’t) get in trouble for for using to describe those who choose to be Jedi or any other division , denomination or idea of Jeddi they see fit or identify with. Use it if you like. Hate it if you like. It’s just a open term to include as many people as possible. That’s it.

I love the code. I love folk who apply it and have more than one and have a actual balance and practice of it. Some people don’t need em. Some people flourish and shine with a code. It all depends on the person and set codes chosen by them as well.
How I use the code.
How others use the code.

I use the code for reminders. Reminders to apply my hope. This is where I wanna change my way of thinking and acting. I rely on teaching, maxims codes and a whole lot of other things in the mix. My choice.
How others use it.... ( intentionally left blank)

I can say how it’s helped me and help me to create my very own practice.
I can’t ever give what I have found as far as meaning and familiarity to any idea or code unless it comes from the individual, from the other person. Real talk- I can’t tell any one to value something the way I do or even see things like me. Can’t. It’s their choice and it’s mine how I share what I have found for myself. Just because I know something , doesn’t mean any one else needs it. We have codes and ways and ideas but those are up to each of us to find our balances and value of them all - especially Jedi jedii Jeddist or any “force followers” or what ever you wanna call it... light dark gray....
I like the code and I use it - it ain’t the only code I got. I encourage others to have their own. Can they help? They did me. Can cultivating codes and ideas result in change? Planting different seeds gets different fruit. So - yup.
But... this is my own encouragement from one who has and applied them on my own.
As Pastor, I say our Code is good. Just as good as many others. Ours isn’t special. It ain’t the only one. We all know this - but we try. I try. It’s a start for some or a way for others. Some take it in steps and levels. Every Jeddist is at a different level of their walk or path. Can’t forget that. In the end- what is a Jedi or a Jeddist or what ever we call ourselves but some one who chooses ... to be... and practices like a Jedi- and that is totally up to them.

When it all comes down to it - I ain’t here to tell you what code to choose or even how or how to look at it , I’m here to say - it worked for me - give it a go. I’m not here to define anyone’s path but to encourage those who do make that choice - to continue.
As a Knight - it’s the code that’s the hue of the sword. It’s the codes that shape the Knights actions .

Happy seeking
Thank you for the questions.
May the Force continue to be with you as you continue to seek it.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jake Nislan

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi