Trying this again.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #342572 by
Replied by on topic Trying this again.
See, not having an exact answer is kinda the point. I myself don't fully know what it is, hence why I am here. If you want a personal example, I do have one.

My first time meditating, before I came to this site which I found kinda by accident actually, I was in a dark place. I felt lonely, so I decided to see what meditation felt like as I had heard it helps with anxiety and such. So I found one video, don't remember who it was by sadly, which was called "Empty Minded Meditation". Put simply, you fill yourself with a particular emotion, in this case loneliness, and you let it go. So, I thought up as many times I felt lonely as I could, and someone amazing happened. I heard something. I still remember which voices they were: my mother, and my two best friends. It didn't feel like I was talking to myself though. It felt like it was actually them. All they said was this: "You are not alone". I still don't fully understand what that experience was. The Force? Subconscious? Regardless, something changed within me that day. Life seemed brighter, and I decided to go down this path. So don't simply give up because you don't have a straight answer. Focus on the journey, not the destination.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #342622 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic Trying this again.
A couple of the comments here are along the lines 'If you don't like what we're telling you, then maybe Jediism in't for you'. This seem to be a nonsense to me. Jediism is what you make of it.

That said, Jediism is taught/practised a certain way here. So it may be more a case that this Temple isn't for you, even if Jediism is for you. If that makes sense?

When you talk about contemplating joining the dark side, the only advise I can think of giving was said many moons ago by a Jedi here who is much wiser than I:

Don't abandon your path as a Jedi completely just because one group isn't meeting your needs and/or expectations. Ask around, take your time, but don't give up. Even if you need some time alone to focus on just being a Jedi

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Gisteron, Kobos

More
4 years 8 months ago #342624 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Trying this again.
Also, there is not much of a war between our brand of Sith and Jedi. "If you cannot give me the answers I seek, then I shall worship the devil instead" is not very concerning. Go out, try the Dark Side philosophy, if you so please. Heck, do it even if you elect to stay. Learn both, if you can afford it, many have. Come back and discuss it with us, too, help us improve our philosophy and develop your own. There is no easy shortcut to the finish. Because there is no finish. Nor is there a race.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

More
4 years 8 months ago #342640 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Trying this again.

Kazat0 wrote: I'm just not willing to put effort into some church or Jediism if I don't even have a grasp of the force or even know HOW to have a grasp of the force. I'm really asking for yall's help on this and every day I seriously contemplate the dark side as an alternative for answers.

On some level I can sympathize with this question, but the whole point of most religions is getting to know the object of said religion. Even after how many thousands of years how much do Christians know Jesus? Or Jews know YHWH? Most Christians don't even know Christ's name. So while I understand where you're coming from you're asking the wrong question. It's not about the destination but rather the journey.

Of course, Christians want to manipulate God with their prayers and basically make a bunch of requests in hopes that these wishes will come true. And if, by coincidence, it does then yay God did it and if it doesn't then, oh it was God's will and its probably for the best. We don't really play that game with The Force. So if you're looking for a Santa Claus, a Sky daddy, or some cosmic drive thru window that takes credit, then Jediism may simply not be for you. Jediism is about what you learn and study and practice that benefits your life. That's up to you, not some invisible force. Jediism is very real about this and doesn't try to hide behind lies or myths we pretend are true. So while people have different ideas about The Force, I don't think most serious practitioners are trying to use it like magic.

Magic doesn't exist. If it did it'd be called science.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #342702 by

elizabeth wrote: If your not willing to put in the effort and just want answers on a plate then neither here or Sith forums are going to help you.
You will come to a personal understanding of the force through learning, seeking out answers and maybe looking through the sermons here.
There is no easy answer and its better that way.
Would you blindly follow someones opinion on what the force is?
There are many perspectives here on site if you dig around.
Too lazy to do so, then you will learn nothing.

People are trying to help
But you have to help yourself as well
No one gets spoon fed here
Start the IP, make a journal for your thoughts
You may surprise yourself with what you find

Wow you REALLY got what I was saying (sarcasm)
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by . Reason: ascii error

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #342703 by

Manu wrote:

Kazat0 wrote: I'm just not willing to put effort into some church or Jediism

You don’t serve it. It serves you.

I don't even have a grasp of the force or even know HOW to have a grasp of the force. I'm really asking for yall's help on this and every day I seriously contemplate the dark side as an alternative for answers.

This got interesting.

While it was a bit obvious you were fishing for a specific answer in your previous thread, it wasn’t clear exactly why. It now appears that your “why” extends beyond the philosophical and into the pragmatic.

So my question is: “what do you need the Force (or Jediism, or the Dark Side for that matter) for?

Idk i'm just interested thought I'd check it out seeing as I like star wars. I'd also like to be apart of something and still be athiest

Exploring that question might lead us into a more useful line of questioning.

More
4 years 8 months ago #342704 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Trying this again.
May I ask why you answered to that comment this way? It is almost the same as what I said in the other thread but put in a different more direct method sense. Although I may be incorrect on what was being asked and if my response there was of any use.

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #342705 by

Deimos wrote: See, not having an exact answer is kinda the point. I myself don't fully know what it is, hence why I am here. If you want a personal example, I do have one.

My first time meditating, before I came to this site which I found kinda by accident actually, I was in a dark place. I felt lonely, so I decided to see what meditation felt like as I had heard it helps with anxiety and such. So I found one video, don't remember who it was by sadly, which was called "Empty Minded Meditation". Put simply, you fill yourself with a particular emotion, in this case loneliness, and you let it go. So, I thought up as many times I felt lonely as I could, and someone amazing happened. I heard something. I still remember which voices they were: my mother, and my two best friends. It didn't feel like I was talking to myself though. It felt like it was actually them. All they said was this: "You are not alone". I still don't fully understand what that experience was. The Force? Subconscious? Regardless, something changed within me that day. Life seemed brighter, and I decided to go down this path. So don't simply give up because you don't have a straight answer. Focus on the journey, not the destination.

nice answer thanks

More
4 years 8 months ago #342717 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Trying this again.
The seeking is the finding, it connects us to our mechanisms of perception, awareness and existence. In material terms, the answer might as well be, everything (known and unknown). IMO

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi