Questions and/or Answers

More
5 years 5 days ago #337106 by Streen
What do you like thinking about more, questions or answers?
Which do you find more useful?

Just a friendly topic *bow*

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 days ago - 5 years 5 days ago #337111 by
Replied by on topic Questions and/or Answers
You are going to have to clarify your statements here. I for one do not really know what you mean? How can you think of one without the other?
Last edit: 5 years 5 days ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 days ago #337114 by
Replied by on topic Questions and/or Answers
I sense a "chicken or the egg" conundrum.

My sentiments on one or the other is largely based on context- if it's philosophical, or just a thought exercise, than of course the questions, and pondering upon them, are the priority, and potentially very stimulating.

If it's a more pressing matter, like, making a critical decision, or judgement, than I'd say while the question itself is vital to the overall experience, the answer itself if of greater importance.

If it's a question in pursuit of an answer, without uncertainty on one's own judgement (or just shrugging the brain work onto someone else, I dunno)... to paraphrase, Go not to the Jedi for advice, for they will tell you no, and yes. :P

More
5 years 4 days ago #337149 by Streen
Replied by Streen on topic Questions and/or Answers
The question was purposely vague, not necessarily a "chicken and egg" thing. Don't rely on what I mean by the question, but rather what comes to mind.

Keirax, you approached it as I had hoped. You explored it, looking at it from multiple angles. This was, as you said, more of a philosophical exercise.

But to satisfy others' curiosity as to why I posted this, I personally believe that questions are more useful than answers, if not more true. Answers can be true for some, and false for others. But questions, they leave open the possibility of exploration of the truth, and usually everyone has their own individual take on how to answer it.

That's all I was getting at. I am curious though if people agree with it or not ;)

The truth is always greater than the words we use to describe it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

More
5 years 3 days ago #337185 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Questions and/or Answers
Answers. Is an answer without a question just a more open, yet different, question!?

It feels like an answer can serve many questions where a question delivers/aims to deliver less answers, or even ideally one answer. So in that context answers seem less bound by context in the way a question is itself context....and so more fun to explore. I'd even call a question a type of context called a frame of reference.

So I prefer exploring answering rather then asking, and then see what questions might make me reflect on how I see the answer :silly: Less likely to reinforce cognitive bias this way IMO. For asking questions tends to just look for an answer, rather then be open to realizing its the wrong question ie closed minded.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi