US Universal Healthcare

More
5 years 6 days ago - 5 years 6 days ago #336129 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic US Universal Healthcare
From https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-resolution/109/text
RESOLUTION
Whereas the October 2018 report entitled ‘‘Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5 oC’’ by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change* and the November 2018 Fourth National Climate Assessment** report found that—
(1) human activity is the dominant cause of ob- served climate change over the past century;
(2) a changing climate is causing sea levels to rise and an increase in wildfires, severe storms, droughts, and other extreme weather events that threaten human life, healthy commu nities, and critical infrastructure; (3) global warming at or above 2 degrees Celsius be- yond preindustrialized levels will cause—
(A) mass migration from the regions most af- fected by climate change;
{B} more than $500,000,000,000 in lost annual economic output in the United States by the year 2100;
(C) wildfires that, by 2050, will annually burn at least twice as much forest area in the western United States than was typically burned by wildfires in the years preceding 2019;
(D) a loss of more than 99 percent of all coral reefs on Earth;
(E) more than 350,000,000 more people to be exposed globally to deadly heat stress by 2050; and (F) a risk of damage to $1,000,000,000,000 of public infrastructure and coastal real estate in the
United States; and
(4) global temperatures must be kept below 1.5 degrees Celsius above preindustrialized levels to avoid the most severe impacts of a changing climate, which will require—
(A) global reductions in greenhouse gas emis- sions from human sources of 40 to 60 percent from 2010 levels by 2030; and
{B} net-zero global emissions by 2050;

————
Im not gonna quite the whole thing. I think the findings of the reports should be taken seriously. What i see from AOC isnt a plan so much as a list of goals based on the results of various scientific inquiries. The bottom of this page is a reference list of many of the studies being used to support the GND: https://www.gp.org/gnd_full

And now a Quote from the Washington Post

“Trump is misrepresenting the Green New Deal as the plan is currently written. The resolution in Congress is full of sweeping ambition and grand goals, but it’s also vaguer and more moderate than he says. There’s nothing in there about putting an end to cars or cows or air travel or the military.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/02/11/whats-actually-green-new-deal-democrats/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d72b3918cecd

The GND is meant to be a declaration of intent: a list of national priorities. The key points are to get to “net zero carbon emissions” by 2030 (which doesnt mean “zero carbon emissions”), to get employment as close to 100% as possible, to rebuild our infrastructure with environmental impact in mind, and to make sure everyone in America has access to health care and higher education. How much of this can really be done in ten years? If we agreed that we really wanted to do it, probably more than the critics think. Id sure like to find out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_neutrality

Theres been a couple of studies done which conclude we are technologically capable of achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2030 if we can muster the political will. Its nothing at all unsual for resolutions to be vague and lofty. IThe intensity of the campaign against AOC has more to do with the fact that shes challenging staple industries such as banking, military industrial complex, fossil fuels, forestry, etc. and because she is publicizing the way that these industries use their wealth to control Americas political decisions .

* https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Report_on_Global_Warming_of_1.5_°C

** https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_National_Climate_Assessment

This is why i like her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNjckHXBNBI&app=desktop

Is she perfect? NO. Is she right? YES, SHE IS RIGHT
Its worth it to work with someone who is imperfect but honest. She is actually the first politician since Ralph Nader that i have believed in, as a person. She gives me hope in a lanscape where no one else has been able to, in a very long time.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 6 days ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, ren

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 days ago - 5 years 6 days ago #336132 by
Replied by on topic US Universal Healthcare

Omhu Cuspor wrote: I may not have been clear. In this particular case, it was Storm's latest previous response that caused me dismay, not yours, Kyrin. I apologize if I conveyed a different message.

No you were clear and I appreciate it. I was the one that was not clear. You see in any epic Heros Journey such as many Jedi here aspire to follow, there must be a villian. The villian is the active antagonistic source of conflict which calls the passive hero to action. The hero feigns resistance to this call but secretly he is eager to prove himself in battle and find victory in the defeat of his foe. He recons himself on the side of righteousness in this pursuit that he, and his peers, claims is noble. But it is really only a single limited point of view that has been derived from a skewed view of the world brought on by watching to many super hero movies where the combatants are depicted quite unrealistically as either good or evil. In reality there is no such thing, but in their vigor they cant see this. It is why they view my every post as the most vile and viscous and disgusting thing imaginable while any on the side of their idea of good are but in noble defense of my otherwise despicable nefariousness. Case in point, storm is considered a champion of justice by these Jedi because he has attacked evil! It matters not what means he used to do this, only that it was done, and so he is celebrated, while I am still condemed. Why? Well because I am the evil one of course and storm is the hero. So the means of his attack, even though it violated the terms of service here, is overlooked, while any post I make, is dismantled and dissected and evaluated until it can be justified as a means to destroy me. In other words ban me. But the mind of evil is devious... and that is something I will just not allow them to accomplish... and so the battle for control of the Galaxy rages on... endlessly. One side, the dark side, fulfilling a prophesy to bring truth to the galaxy, and the other side, the light side, bent on never allowing that mission to prosper because of their own fear of the consequences. That they may lose their own powerful hold over the galaxy.
Last edit: 5 years 6 days ago by .

More
5 years 5 days ago - 5 years 5 days ago #336143 by Carlos.Martinez3
To me -
The hero’s journey and the hero can be the main character. They can be the superhero - the teacher the good the bad the evil the freedom the wisdom the student the one who gives gifts or the one who takes them away. There are so many different possibilities and so many variations that saying the main character is just one is kinna - silly. Nothing about a persons journey call any one to be anything.
In real life there is a whole rainbow of possibilities. The ability for the human potential can be tapped , helped or even stopped. One story is never like the other. It may never be. That’s kinna nice. Any how. The hero’s journey is never to tell some one here’s what he must do - do it - only here are a slew of possibilities- how are you gunna do it. ???
Edit:
I do apologize if this is off topic.

Edit :
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Jediism/122347-the-heros-journey

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 5 days ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
5 years 4 days ago #336171 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic US Universal Healthcare

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Of course Manu, I'm not referring to you but those that never claim they are out to start a fight with me but then single my comments out for criticism but ignore storms.

LOL.. did ya report it? I mean, I don't see any report... but I thought I'd ask.

Mods don''t read every thread, nor every post. Half the problems people complain about here IMO is because they don't bother to actually contact anyone about it. How that equates to a conspiracy against you is beyond me, but lucky I just happened to browse this one just now. I see ren agrees with you, but did nothing, so... I guess that means since he likes you insulting people he also likes Stormcaller doing it.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 days ago #336224 by
Replied by on topic US Universal Healthcare

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: ...You see in any epic Heros Journey such as many Jedi here aspire to follow, there must be a villian. The villian is the active antagonistic source of conflict which calls the passive hero to action. ... He recons himself on the side of righteousness in this pursuit that he, and his peers, claims is noble. But it is really only a single limited point of view that has been derived from a skewed view of the world brought on by watching to many super hero movies where the combatants are depicted quite unrealistically as either good or evil. In reality there is no such thing, but in their vigor they cant see this. It is why they view my every post as the most vile and viscous and disgusting thing imaginable while any on the side of their idea of good are but in noble defense of my otherwise despicable nefariousness. ...

There's deep insight in that segment of your post, Kyrin. More and more frequently in the broader scope of life beyond this forum, I am reminded of a caution an old friend used to offer: "You become what you hate." It's a challenging lesson that isn't too obvious to many people, but we can readily see its reality; those most strongly polarized toward a worldview they perceive as virtuous wind up diving into the behaviors they are conditioned to abhor. Leaders demanding that others acquiesce to a defined standard of civility sometimes torture their targets into it. Advocates of strict sexual repression wind up being sexual predators. Some (though far from all) members of that ethnic group which suffered most at the hands of murderous racists in the 20th century have become murderous racists themselves. And as you're pointing out, some who seem most offended by perceived insults can become the most insulting.

It's not that we shouldn't have boundaries defining what we consider acceptable or damaging human behavior. The danger is when someone invests too much emotion, and too much rigidity, into the defense of those boundaries, something happens to his/her psyche, and in a steady progression of developments that person literally transforms into what was hated.

Nadia Bolz Weber is one of my contemporary heroes. As a Lutheran minister, she has rent the Lutheran church in two because of her willingness to acknowledge, and even embrace, the flawed and broken nature that to one degree or another we all share. Her attitudes and outspokenness regarding displays of addiction, abuse, and sexuality that many Christians define as sin, and her embrace of those who have sinned extremely into a community whose members offer radical acceptance even of those who are sinning still, require a degree of vulnerability and acceptance of our shared nature that bring her quite a lot of criticism from more conventional folk who vigorously assert that she and her sympathizers are a satanic force. In this whole scenario, it is imo those who have acknowledged their own flaws and quirks who wind up behaving the most nobly and sanely, and those who vigorously insist that evil is an external entity requiring battle and defeat who are capable of the most cruelty.

I can't think of a helpful way to conclude this in the time I have left, but I hope this little dissertation is useful to someone nevertheless. For you, Kyrin, you're one of the most considerate villains I know. :-)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi