New Server & Issues

More
5 years 4 months ago #330394 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic New Server & Issues

Arisaig wrote: Seems to work like a charm again. Well done, Tella!

I still get the maintenance page message from time to time, sometimes being logged out in the middle of doing something and losing what I was doing. Is this a known issue?

The only thing in maintenance mode is the old site, and once in awhile when DNS propagates it sometimes still picks upon the old of for example your primary DNS server was too slow to respond and your computer switches to the secondary one and it still pulls from the old list where it hasn't been updated yet then you might bounce to the old server once or twice. One of the reason why I say when there is 24hrs past after the server move once all the DNS as properly propagated, a lot of the issues should hopefully be cleaned up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #330434 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic New Server & Issues
Question: With the new expenses this will be incurring, would we be able to ask if a more routine "We need to generate $X to function" report is available? Or at least an updated idea of how much we now need to pull in each month/year to better help understand our funding goals?

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Br. John
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • Founder of The Order
More
5 years 4 months ago #330441 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic New Server & Issues
That’s not difficult. So far donations have stayed ahead of expenses. The old server was $50 a month and the new one is $75 a month.

I can post a monthly report for the previous month starting in January 2019.

Irregular expenses are for domains renewals we hold for future use or possible sale and for modules and components that we purchase for the site.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nakis, Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 4 months ago #330442 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic New Server & Issues
Thank you!

Part of why I ask is to help empower people to feel like they can make an impact. That report would definitely help people feel like they are helping out! :)

Licensed Clergy Person

More
5 years 4 months ago #330489 by Loudzoo
Replied by Loudzoo on topic New Server & Issues
I can't seem to attach files to PM. Admittedly I've never needed to do this before so may not be a new problem but when I try to attach pdf files it returns the following: unable to parse server response . Also quite a lot of the library files / folders don't seem to exist in dropbox - again this may not be a new problem!

The Librarian
Knight of TOTJO: Initiate Journal , Apprentice Journal , Knight Journal , Loudzoo's Scrapbook
TM: Proteus
Knighted Apprentices: Tellahane , Skryym
Apprentices: Squint , REBender
Master's Thesis: The Jedi Book of Life
If peace cannot be maintained with honour, it is no longer peace . . .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi