New Server & Issues

More
5 years 3 months ago #330300 by Br. John
New Server & Issues was created by Br. John
We are on a new faster server. To resolve issues try Ctrl+F5, clear cache and temporary files, or try http://TempleOfTheJediOrder.net - that's net instead of org. It goes to the exact same place but for now sometimes the net works when the org does not.

The new server is more expensive but worth it. It's faster. We are the only site on it. We have access to everything so we'll soon have new features and things people have been asking for. The rank and clergy bars are fixed.

The cost is $75 per month so donations are always appreciated. The Donate button is on the top menu.

If anyone notices anything out of order or has questions, please post them here.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Nakis, Wescli Wardest, Rosalyn J, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3 and 7 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330304 by
Replied by on topic New Server & Issues
I have set up a small reccurring donation. And you can too. So set yourself a small amount and forget having to remember to give monthly.

It’s just a quick box to click. I am already noticing major speed improvements on my end. So thanks for y’all’s work on this.

If 15 people donated just $5.00/month, this part of the site would be paid for.

Think about how much you use this site. And, if it is in your means, give a donation for those who can’t afford to.

-Zeph

More
5 years 3 months ago #330312 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic New Server & Issues
As the domain name service changes propagates most of the bugs should go away that we're experiencing. The one specific one I would like tested through-out the evening is the ajax chat.

Now that the meeting is over I've turned guest back off, for the moment if you are still having problems connecting please do the following steps and let me know if after all of that is completed if you are still having problems and what they are:
  • Logout of the temple
  • Close any windows with the temple on it
  • Clear out all temporary internet files
  • If you can delete any password cookies related specifically to totjo only, then relogin and save em fresh
  • If going to www.templeofthejediorder.org or the non www format does not work, you can also try the .net versions

Most people who had the problem initially cleared out there files/cookies while the window was closed and then re-opened and was able to get in. I believe this has to do with the information stored in the cookies not working well with the fact the website is on a new server and so it just needs to purge that out.

Any issues that still occur late tonight or early tomorrow morning let us know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, steamboat28, Carlos.Martinez3, Loudzoo, Rex

More
5 years 3 months ago #330315 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic New Server & Issues
Thanks Br. John and Tellahane, it is greatly appreciated!

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
5 years 3 months ago #330316 by Tellahane
I believe I have found the cause of the text message that was previously appearing for people and have put a stop to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3, Loudzoo

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330319 by
I'm having issues with checking my PM's. I can check them on my phone but it won't let me check them on Chrome. It says "Unable to load tooltip content." I've tried clearing the cache, cookies, history and all that but it is still having an issue. I, also, could only log in through the .net instead of the .org.

More
5 years 3 months ago #330320 by Tellahane

Silvermane wrote: I'm having issues with checking my PM's. I can check them on my phone but it won't let me check them on Chrome. It says "Unable to load tooltip content." I've tried clearing the cache, cookies, history and all that but it is still having an issue. I, also, could only log in through the .net instead of the .org.

If its not letting you get in through .org it could be the new settings for .org hasn't made its way to your internet service provider yet, after a few more hours once .org starts working let me know if that tooltip error is still present, I'll look into it in the meantime I'm guessing it is hard linked to a .org address and its trying to go out to something it can't reach yet which is why some people have the problem and some don't, and of course I don't so its hard to reproduce but I'll see if I can find that snippet of code and fix it in the meantime.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330323 by

Tellahane wrote:

Silvermane wrote: I'm having issues with checking my PM's. I can check them on my phone but it won't let me check them on Chrome. It says "Unable to load tooltip content." I've tried clearing the cache, cookies, history and all that but it is still having an issue. I, also, could only log in through the .net instead of the .org.

If its not letting you get in through .org it could be the new settings for .org hasn't made its way to your internet service provider yet, after a few more hours once .org starts working let me know if that tooltip error is still present, I'll look into it in the meantime I'm guessing it is hard linked to a .org address and its trying to go out to something it can't reach yet which is why some people have the problem and some don't, and of course I don't so its hard to reproduce but I'll see if I can find that snippet of code and fix it in the meantime.

Thank you, sir! I will wait and see what happens. I can easily use my phone to respond to messages and my computer for the rest, for the time being.

More
5 years 3 months ago #330325 by Tellahane
Chat should now be fixed and working, those who were having problems please re-test for me to verify on your ends as well!
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330384 by
Seems to work like a charm again. Well done, Tella!

I still get the maintenance page message from time to time, sometimes being logged out in the middle of doing something and losing what I was doing. Is this a known issue?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi