Jedi Monks

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328692 by
Jedi Monks was created by
Are there any?

Just wondering if there were any that do study the Force intensely and are celibate as well like monks in Buddhism, Christianity ect.

There weren't really lay people in the jedi order unless they left it and did their own thing i.e. gray jedi

Do you think there are any real Jedi monks out there?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328700 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Monks
Probably. Maybe. Perhaps not likely, but who knows. Though I don't imagine there are.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328705 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Monks
I think Kohadre considers himself at least partly in a monastic style seclusion...

More
5 years 5 months ago #328710 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Jedi Monks
Celibacy is a path to the dark side :whistle:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

More
5 years 5 months ago #328713 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedi Monks
I've been having a crack for the last 7 years, but in a Himalayan spirituality framework and not a European one. So concepts like celibacy are a bit different, but that is just a part of it and not really any more or less important then the other parts. The hardest thing is being in a 'place' where you can devote the time and focus, and have done enough preparation so that the effort takes advantage of the opportunity. So it really depends what you mean, by monastic and monk, but I bet there are a few real Jedi who do it in various degrees.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 5 months ago #328956 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Jedi Monks
I've been practicing force monasticism for the past few years; following a simple routine.

Mornings start at 5 am, followed by a modest breakfast of eggs, toast, and tea. After breakfast I do a mix of yoga and shii-cho.

Mid mornings consist of cleaning the Hermitage (sweeping, dishes, dusting). Afterwards there is meditation using binurial routines from mid morning until lunch.

All meals are kept simple but are prepared fresh, including breads, spices, entree's, etc. Occasionally others will purchase breads, jams, candy, jewlery, auto repair services, etc; which helps provide income.

All my essential possessions can fit in a hiking bag, as minimalism is a key part of this lifestyle (to me).

Day's end around 7:00pm which is when I head to bed and wrap up with some more binurial meditation.

If you enjoy simple, borderline boring day to day life; then becoming a force monastic might be for you.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi