What's Wrong With A Pastor of Force Practice

More
5 years 6 months ago #327719 by Kobos
I agree with you Gisteron this is a way of division. Again, I think a formal study group is a solution. Though I personally question energy healing, it is something worth looking into as far as Force practice goes.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327726 by

jpadkins wrote: No I don't see an issue with an office of quantum mechanics if it is directed to find proof in an underlying power of the universe using the scientific method. I believe that science is coming close to finding what we call The Force in their study of Dark Matter.

Why do you want to give it another name if it already has one, Dark Matter. This is like people saying the universe is God. Why call it God if its already called "The Universe"?

As for your christian analogy There are currently some 40k different denominations in Christianity today all believing a little bit differently because of an interpretation of some part of 66 ancient books written by herdsmen over 3-5 millennia ago. speak in toungues, dont speak in toungues, fail heal, dont faith heal, idol worship, no idol worship, trinity, holy godhead, blue hymnal, red hymnal... blah blah.. it goes on and on. So no it has not worked well for them.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327727 by Br. John
Either the description needs to include, spells, potions, voodoo, telekinesis, levitation, clairvoyance, seances, placebo effect, and the like or it should not say anything specific at all.

Why not Associate Pastor of Jedi Practices? There are things like meditation, martial arts, volunteering in your community, and so on. That does not prevent helping someone find a spell and recommend which color candle to use if that's what they want.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, jpadkins, thomaswfaulkner

More
5 years 6 months ago #327729 by jpadkins

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

jpadkins wrote: No I don't see an issue with an office of quantum mechanics if it is directed to find proof in an underlying power of the universe using the scientific method. I believe that science is coming close to finding what we call The Force in their study of Dark Matter.

Why do you want to give it another name if it already has one, Dark Matter. This is like people saying the universe is God. Why call it God if its already called "The Universe"?

As for your christian analogy There are currently some 40k different denominations in Christianity today all believing a little bit differently because of an interpretation of some part of 66 ancient books written by herdsmen over 3-5 millennia ago. speak in toungues, dont speak in toungues, fail heal, dont faith heal, idol worship, no idol worship, trinity, holy godhead, blue hymnal, red hymnal... blah blah.. it goes on and on. So no it has not worked well for them.

What scientist call dark matter and dark energy I believe we call "The Force". It is an underlying fundamental of the universe as defined by CERN.

The different denominations of Christianity all believe that God sent his Son in the form of Jesus Christ to die for our sins. What that means for their everyday life and how they display and practice that belief is what makes up the different denominations.

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327730 by Gisteron

jpadkins wrote: What scientist call dark matter and dark energy I believe we call "The Force". It is an underlying fundamental of the universe as defined by CERN.

An underlying fundamental of the universe as defined by CERN? What does that even mean? What are you talking about?

The different denominations of Christianity all believe that God sent his Son...

... except those that don't

... in the form of Jesus Christ...

... except those that don't consider the Nazarene to be the son of God

... to die for our sins.

... except those that don't think that was the purpose.

What that means for their everyday life and how they display and practice that belief is what makes up the different denominations.

Yes, just as much as almost every other doctrinal point. I think the closest you can get to a consensus is on that the character of Jesus of Nazareth who may or may not have been in full or in part based on one or more historical figures is of some rather strong importance. For almost every other doctrinal point there is somewhere out there a denomination, no matter how small and obscure, that would question it, and absent a testable prediction all you can say to criticize them is that their interpretation is arguably somewhat far-fetched given the text and context they cite.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Gisteron.

More
5 years 6 months ago #327731 by thomaswfaulkner
I think these are some good working points to consider. I'm digging the idea you threw out, Kobos. So rather than looking at appointing another assistant pastor, would a title such as historian be better suited? Appoint someone to collaborate with myth, any and all of it, to draw stories and lessons from them and apply it to the clergy ministry as a whole?

Like brother John describing his post above. Promoting inclusivity without setting firm limitations on the definition. But this might beg the question on whether or not this is an SIG fix.

I'm just shooting an arrow out and seeing where it hits. Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327738 by
I suggest, Thomas, that instead of adding another useless and ultimately meaningless title, why not consider restructuring and streamling the current bloated organizational hierarchy you have to make it more efficient and then provide a means of promotion through leadership that can be self regulating with checks and balances. In effect drain the swamp young man!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327739 by

jpadkins wrote: What scientist call dark matter and dark energy I believe we call "The Force". It is an underlying fundamental of the universe as defined by CERN.

Emphasis is mine

That little piece in bold italics sums up the entire argument against defining "The Force". "I believe..." Well, I believe differently regardless of what CERN has to say about it, and yet we are both welcome to study and learn and grow here alongside each other, but still maintain our own individual Path. Ain't Jediism great? :cheer:

More
5 years 6 months ago #327743 by jpadkins

Senan wrote:

Emphasis is mine

That little piece in bold italics sums up the entire argument against defining "The Force". "I believe..." Well, I believe differently regardless of what CERN has to say about it, and yet we are both welcome to study and learn and grow here alongside each other, but still maintain our own individual Path. Ain't Jediism great? :cheer:

My belief is the corrolation between Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe and what CERN says about Dark Matter/Energy https://home.cern/about/physics/dark-matter.

JP Adkins
Apprentice
Licensed Minister of Jediism
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Seminary / AP /
Degrees Tracker
House of Br John
TM- Raxicorico
” May you feel the presence of the Force because the Force is always with you.”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327745 by

jpadkins wrote: My belief is the corrolation between Force, a ubiquitous and metaphysical power that a Jedi (a follower of Jediism) believes to be the underlying, fundamental nature of the universe and what CERN says about Dark Matter/Energy https://home.cern/about/physics/dark-matter.

How do you make this leap from scentific hypothesis to extraordinary claim without a shred of provable evidence? I could just as easily claim that dark matter is actually the farts of Invisible unicorns and have just as much basis for my assertion as you do. So how do we go about deciding what dark matter is? A ubiquitous force we can use to heal bodies or just invisible unicorn farts?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi