Task for thinking

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #325053 by
Task for thinking was created by
Hi everyone,
What do you imagine under words - Weak mind?
I am currious of your ideas!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #325054 by
Replied by on topic Task for thinking
Thankfully I read through the shoutbox. What do you mean under the words 'weak mind'. :)

For myself, a weak mind belongs to a weak person, and weak person isn't one who is physically weak, but has weak character. They collapse under pressure, they snap in the wind of life, and are easily clogged up by the debris that is challenges. A weak mind belongs, as I see it, to a person who isn't genuine with themselves and others. They lie about who they are, putting on masks to play certain roles so they can easily shed the mask and, in turn, the burdens that come with that mask. A person without masks, a genuine person, shoulders the responsibilities and burdens of all the faucets of their life, and in turn, becomes strong by refusing to drop anything and becomes even stronger when they learn to ask for help shouldering the burden.

That, in essence, is what I think when I think of a weak mind.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #325055 by
When I hear the term "weak minded" I think of a means of referring to person, or persons, that one considers to be inferior. This may be in the intellectual realm, or that that person is lacking in determination or emotional control. It has been used frequently throughout history to dismiss a person, or persons. It is used with frightening frequency when referring to persons of other races, when really the issue is a lack of mutual understanding.

I hope that I would not use the term of myself, or of others, as it is incredibly general in it's definition, and does not tackle the smaller aspects in which a person may be finding difficulties in fulfilling their potential. It's generality (hence it's usefulness as a term for dismissing others) masks what can be quite small and easily solvable problems *once they have been identified*. And that's the trick as far as I can see it. Spotting the issues behind the trends.

I feel quite sure, however, as a person capable of exhibiting bouts of weak mindedness myself, I will loose my patience and hurl this insult at someone at some point. I just hope I'm able to remember to go back and address the real issue not too long after having done so.

Thank you for the question Erinis. Thinking about my answer was very interesting.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by . Reason: To add a second thought...

More
5 years 8 months ago #325058 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Task for thinking
I think anyone lacking mental discipline has a "weak" mind, although to varying degrees.

Obviously, a Shaolin monk will have a stronger mind than a parish priest; and soforth the priest than his congregation.

It's a sliding scale of strength and dicipline, almost like a spiritual darwinism.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #325082 by
Greatly described thanks Arisaig

More
5 years 8 months ago #325088 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Task for thinking
Every Jedi , like every human bein, will have a diffrent definition of words and things so keep that in mind.

Weak minded
That’s a tough one - what can be labeled as weak can be made strong. In my practice and service as well as life I find difrent people at difrent levels. I see it like martial arts. There is no singular form that is better or greater than any other. Are there people who have mastered difrent forms? Yup. Does that make others weak or - lesser ? That’s to you to decide. ( It is your right as a human as as a Jedi to make up your own mind) somthing to think about I guess - right ? Smileyface and happy seeking friend !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #325094 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Task for thinking
What would we be really judging and do we have the tools to make that assessment! I'd consider it probably to mean a person has made an observation, and come to a conclusion - and as such it says more about the person saying it then the person being discussed.

I think its a variable anyway, mental power.... so as a generalization I do not see much use for it. If someone is having difficulty with something then its probably enough to just say they are having difficulty, then falsely asserting some negative absolute state onto someone as if it were an objective fact. And with so many different types of mental activity it would be hard to assess the overall capacity of the 'mind'.

But if looking for a use of the term, perhaps it might best serve for someone who seems to continually undermine themselves ie if the mind is that stream of coherence in being self, then constantly negating ones past existence might serve to reduce the capacity of the mind in the present moment. Such that a strong minded or strong willed person could be said to be one who has overt confidence and surety in their course of action (stemming from a past decision).

TLDR; So I'd probably be more comfortable using the term as an observation of mental behaviour that might relate to mental capability, then asserting some knowledge of biological mental capability.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Adder.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi