Darkness

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #323774 by
Darkness was created by
Hey I just tried meditating and I started to look into my own mind and all I could see was darkness I could feel it calling to me I could feel it. it was cold, but welcoming.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #323776 by thomaswfaulkner
Replied by thomaswfaulkner on topic Darkness
I'm curious, what do you make of what you experienced? Any meta-thoughts on your darkness?

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 8 months ago #323778 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Darkness
The most intense meditative experience I had felt like some 'astral travel' out into low orbit, into the near-vacuum of Space!! It changed the way I now perceive Space that is for sure... to more like darkness is not actually a thing, rather its a pure absence of anything - not a definition of empty but the experience of being ultimately alone and insignificant :D
Coldness was part of that also, but not the main sensation as besides the sucking new awareness of the space in Space, it was as if gravity was also redefined to be 'will'... making me force myself to read Arthur Schopenhauer :S

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #323782 by
Replied by on topic Darkness

RevanTheOmega wrote: Hey I just tried meditating and I started to look into my own mind and all I could see was darkness I could feel it calling to me I could feel it. it was cold, but welcoming.

Several times in the fiction the darkness appears inviting. But in the end it is hollow, empty, full of lies, and despair. Beware the easy path, it may not take you were you want to go.

More
5 years 8 months ago #323784 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Darkness
"It is in the darkest of nights, one finds the brightest of lights..."

One man's darkness is another man's light, and in my 45 yrs on this earth. While many will shun their own shadows, i've found life's greatest lessons have come from understanding one's own darkness per say. My advice, if this is something you wish to explore further, perhaps posting your explorations in your journal, otherwise you leave it open to being picked apart by others who have nothing better to do than to preach...

I look forward to reading more on this from you in the future...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, , Kobos

More
5 years 8 months ago #323785 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Darkness

RevanTheOmega wrote: Hey I just tried meditating and I started to look into my own mind and all I could see was darkness I could feel it calling to me I could feel it. it was cold, but welcoming.

There’s a great and old story given to me and my son by a great Haudenosaunee friend of mine -they say that in us dwell two strengths - one light one dark- they take many forms but the more common is the wolf. The constant tug at us can be which to feed. Feed one starve the other - or - run with them both - the choice is always yours.
In the real world the light and the dark must exist togeather or they can not both exist. Growing up I ran with friends who had a very - harmful influence on me till the day I became that harmful influence. Now, after time- effort - and personal reflection I am to the point I have my own balance a can encourage others to find their own possibility.
It is possible- easy - nope - possible - yup. Influence can come from environment - company - books- music- family - religion- media - you name it - but what YOU let in- that my human friend is entirely up to you and the road you choose.
My in box is always open and may the Force be with you .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, thomaswfaulkner

More
5 years 8 months ago #323795 by Eleven
Replied by Eleven on topic Darkness
Where there is darkness there is light. You cannot have one without the other. My experiences along my journey is simply to embrace the light but, do not circum to the darkness. That may sound cliches but, it also depends on ones perspective of the two.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago #323796 by
On the one hand, congratulations. You are a Goth. Go forth, buy lots of black cloths, and never again need to separate lights & darks when doing laundry.

On the other, somewhat more serious hand, What does this darkness mean to You?
Is it a pull to Your worst instincts? A driving desire to manipulate, subjugate and demean others? To take endlessly and exploit what ever can be taken (money, power, sex, resources) even when it means preventing others from having those things as well? Or perhaps especially when it means taking those things from, or preventing access to those things by, other people?
Or is it a place of calmness, of quiet. A place where the turbulence, hustle & bustle of the big, bright, glaring world slips away and allows You to find peace and to see past the distractions to what truly matters? To see the truth?

Darkness is an ambiguous term. It can mean many things. To discuss it, we must first know what it means in this context...

"Where you see darkness, I see stars."
―Laech Min-Glsain
From Collected Poems, Prayers, and Meditations on the Force

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #323814 by
Darkness is not always literal, or even figurative. The dark is neither evil, nor empty.

Darkness contains all things because it accepts the light of all beings. Like a black hole that swallows all light. That light does not cease to exist, it simply becomes one with everything else that is within.

You need not fear it. As was said, dark and light are two sides of the same coin.

"Darkness within darkness; the gate to all mystery."
—Lao Tzu (Tao Te Ching)
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by .

More
5 years 8 months ago #323823 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Darkness

Streen wrote: Like a black hole that swallows all light.

Sci-fi movies have led me to believe that black holes are dangerous :laugh:

When I shut my eyes to meditate, I also see nothing but darkness. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi