What Are You Looking For?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #321840 by
What Are You Looking For? was created by
Interpret this question anyway that is important to you. There is no right or wrong. There is only what you think is important to you. Please respect other peoples posts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #321841 by thomaswfaulkner
I think I'm looking for the best way to describe experience. I've always had a barrier of putting the most meaningful words to how I interpret the relationship between being and non-being. For example, how do I describe what it means to be me? I've placed such an impact on feeling depth in my being and doing that, when asked to describe it, "good" words to difficult to come by. And when they do come, am I doing the justice? Can I truly say I'd given somebody an honest answer to their questions?

I found the more I look for an answer to this question the more jumbled my efforts become. Sometimes I just have to patiently wait until something comes along that just makes sense. I welcome any advice. :)

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Carlos.Martinez3

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #321847 by
Replied by on topic What Are You Looking For?
You can only do the best you can and have confidence things will work out just as they a suppose to.

More
5 years 10 months ago #321848 by thomaswfaulkner
You are right. Things will pan out as they please, it's me that does the judging. In those idle times where I am looking too hard for it, I give myself that space to compassionately care for myself and just focus back on my being and doing. Writing those words will eventually come....or they won't. But I do have that power to put some words on paper.

Even if they are wonky and nonsensical, make the effort and then start weeding out as my thoughts change over time.

What are you looking for?

Right View ~ Right Intention ~ Right Speech ~ Right Action ~ Right Livelihood ~ Right Effort ~ Right Mindfulness ~ Right Concentration

Knight of the Order
Ordained Clergy Person
Teaching Master: Senan
IP Journal l AP Journal l Seminary Journal l Personal Ministry Statement

If you need to talk, we are here to listen.
Contact the Clergy

May all beings be happy and free and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute
in some way to the happiness and freedom for all.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 10 months ago #321852 by Carlos.Martinez3
I myself am always seeking and always looking period. I think the more “search”
Is turned on the better . Not all searching is ... for me - worth cultivating . On of my key concepts for growth is the removal of blame. The weariness of attaching things ... like blame or a few other attachments can keep me - me- from actual growth. So what i seek are the parallels in faiths and the connections I CAN share with others. I’ve spent two life times arguing and thinking it was my duty to show others just exactly what “i “ know - now - I seek what others know and make a connection. This constant seek ... helps me to grow sooooooo much. This is my focus ... what’s yours ?

Rickie - I appreciate your question and your zeal for this place ! I am thankful we as a temple have people and hearts like yours . Thanks for the question and I look forward to see what my other fellow Jedi are “”looking “” for !
May the Force we seek share and serve be with you

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi