How our internet is to be affected

More
6 years 4 months ago #308328 by steamboat28

Manu wrote: Correct me if I am mistaken: isn't the changes they are trying to make going to undo only the last three years of new regulations? What exactly is being changed in this law?

https://www.savetheinternet.com/net-neutrality-what-you-need-know-now
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #308329 by Manu
Thank you Steam.

Truth is, Pai's arguments seem to read like the kind of statements you get from politicians. I'm still trying to connect how LESS neutrality leads to more innovation.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
6 years 4 months ago #308330 by Adder
I guess the network owners want another profit stream, by operating some measures currently available to ISP's - but its a question of competition, a market needs fair competition. ISP's throttle speeds and can block services, at least where I live - but the ISP's minimize it probably because their is market competition, the customer would go to another ISP...... something which probably does not exist among backbone networks.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #308336 by

Manu wrote: Correct me if I am mistaken: isn't the changes they are trying to make going to undo only the last three years of new regulations? What exactly is being changed in this law?

Basic rule #1 for dealing with politicians, elected or appointed (this also applies to corporations): give an inch, and they’ll take a mile.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi