Opinions

More
6 years 4 months ago #308185 by Jack.Troutman
Replied by Jack.Troutman on topic Opinions

Manu wrote:

Jack.Troutman wrote: I get asked all the time why I don't have more of a presence within the forums.

Answer: because Jack is getting things done. #Jackism. ;) :cheer:

Now THAT is a good answer!!! haha!

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #308284 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Opinions
Jack ism - I like that , I have my own jack isms in my own practice. Imagine if we had each of us - one another in our mental council ... next to Jiddu and JC ( J Campbell ) there stands Obie and CS Lewis Chicks Swimdall and Jack. There is a huge circle in my mental circle and I'm glad I have folks like you.
The ability to include things like this makes a path so much more open for me. It is a very syncretic way of thinking and acting .

Jedi up. Those words seem to Kinna annoy me in a sense that when I've heard em said it seems the intention is to actually say" do like me or suck it up " I know that's not the thought behind your Jack may man butninpfyen hear it as such. Your right in which we need to take all the other ...definitions and feelings into account as well. To think is not - doing nothing. May seem like it to the impatient but the result can bring forth a Jedi worth outcome . Practice in the real world !
Glad to see you posting ! I too like ou don't post pictures often and just random thoughts n such. Your not alone on that. We find our own vibe our own way our own --- path by our choises . Our choices - not what others do but by how we do!
Peace and the force we share and serve find and be with you jack !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman

More
6 years 4 months ago #308289 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Opinions

The Tao doesn't take sides;
it gives birth to both good and evil.
The Master doesn't take sides;
she welcomes both saints and sinners. The Tao is like a bellows:
it is empty yet infinitely capable.
The more you use it, the more it produces;
the more you talk of it, the less you understand. Hold on to the center.

"We believe in helping all those that are in need, in whatever form, to the best of our ability." Are we taking sides to help one party of a conflict to the detriment of another party ? Couldn't it be that both are in need ? Moreover, 'defending' doesn't imply a fight (or a hurricane).

Jack is right : often not doing anything is the best form of helping. Wu wei is not 'no action' but 'no inappropriate action'. In other words, let's try not to make matters worse by taking sides with only an amateur understanding to determine our defensive posture.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

More
6 years 4 months ago #308319 by Lykeios Little Raven
Replied by Lykeios Little Raven on topic Opinions
Thank you, Jack. I appreciate this thread.

I struggle with this very thing quite often (as many of you may have noticed). I tend to hold rather strong opinions and am not shy about voicing said opinions. However, there are likely many times where keeping my mouth shut (or keeping my fingers off the keyboard, as the case may be) would be a much wiser decision. It amuses me, because I struggle with knowing when to stay quiet here at the Temple (and other community groups I am a part of) and yet I am very good at remaining quiet in person when it is necessary.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder, everyone.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

More
6 years 4 months ago #308686 by Jack.Troutman
Replied by Jack.Troutman on topic Opinions
I use #jackism all the time on the book of faces! LOL

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi