The point of a Jedi

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307505 by
The point of a Jedi was created by
Hello everyone. I wanted to know what you think the purpose of a Jedi is to do. We had many answers at the hangouts last night and I wanted to know what the rest of you thought?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307509 by
Replied by on topic The point of a Jedi
I think the point we are here is to help others and bring love and light to those that need it, we use the force to help are selves and others, the point of Jedi is to use the force to bring peace to all those that need it.

More
6 years 4 months ago #307527 by Carlos.Martinez3
Every answer will and must be difrent as it represents difrent paths geography desisions faiths and practices. I am one of many in full swing .
My purpose is simple
This is my personal Jedi purpose for my personal life , you know - family wife son friends people I touch and meet in my every day ... smiley face !
I found it while doing my own personal translation of the Tao the book of change. I recommend every Jedi have a small little one of their own handy if possible , some one else s if not ablenor don't see the need . The book of change is a great tool to , well : change - if that's what you see fit . If not then that's ok too - not everything's for every one !
My focus is to from the book of change 58

Remove without harm
Turn without dissfiguration
Lead without demand
Show NOT blind
My balance of this focus is my path now and will change and grow and conform to the new things I gain. Many - many have similar if not "like" ideas here and it's our "like" that keeps some and pushes some away. Thank you for the question and I hope my answer and what I practice helps you find your very own path here and in your own Jedi practice . May the Force we share or not share find you where you seek it - right there !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: MadHatter, Kobos

More
6 years 4 months ago #307532 by MadHatter
Replied by MadHatter on topic The point of a Jedi
That question as Carlos rightly stated will and should be answered slighyly differently by different Jedi. No two Jedi are likely to be called to the exact same path by the Force. We all have our part to play and we must always be open to the whispers that direact our path. However to answer your question totally I will give you my personal goals as a Jedi

To study the Force and its mysteries

To protect and render aid to those in need so long as I do not make things worse in doing so

To further the Jedi path by adding my own knowledge when and where I feel it will be useful to others.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, TheDude, Kobos

More
6 years 4 months ago #307535 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic The point of a Jedi
Other than being guardians of peace and justice in the galaxy... ;)
To me, the point of being a Jedi is to gain a deeper understanding and communion with the Force. To live a life where I am at peace with and follow the Will of the Force. I call myself a Jedi also because I feel that I must pursue peace, knowledge, serenity, harmony, and the Force -- not only for myself, but to promote others also to pursue these things when it is necessary. I follow the guiding principles of the Code when possible, since I believe that doing so will result in a good life not only for myself but also for those around me.

More
6 years 4 months ago #307538 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic The point of a Jedi
Self improvement.

Spiritually, Socially, Mentally, and physically.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307539 by

rugadd wrote: Self improvement.

Spiritually, Socially, Mentally, and physically.

Rugadd stole mine. :laugh: But I would add that by becoming better ourselves we in turn help others because that's what good people do. We will just all do it differently.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago #307723 by
Well.....

Consider this question: what is the point of a human? I ask that because I think everyone's purpose is different, Jedi or not.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307739 by
To survive and to strive and to suffer and experience joy and to succeed and to fail and to grow in both and then to die. Jedi are no different than anyone else, not special, just different, as is the experience of each of us.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #307744 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic The point of a Jedi

Brick in his Apprentice Journal wrote:

ii. What it means to be Jedi

I touched upon this in my first apprenticeship exercise, in that I think being a Jedi is about being a stand-up guy, following the code/creed/teaching/maxims etc. But perhaps there is more. I have previously mentioned that I think its impossible to be ‘disconnected’ from The Force, it is also impossible to be ‘more’ connected to it. However, I can become more ‘in tune’ with it, or perhaps, what I mean is be more observant of the world around me.
To be a Jedi is to observe that connection and to treat people as such. They are a part of you and you are a part of them.

Believe it or not but Brick, in his IP, wrote:

Due to this interconnectedness, it’s important to remember that whatever I do for you, I also do for myself. To help make someone else happy is to make me happy, for we are one and the same. Though looking at it like that, one could make an argument that Jedi’s aren’t really being kind or generous, but incredibly selfish :laugh: Its all about that ‘aaah’ moment that Campbell spoke about 'when you are before a sunset or mountain, or the beauty of this or the beauty of that, and you pause and say "aaah", that is participation in divinity'.

Ultimately, being a Jedi means striving to be the best that you can be at all times and as a result make the world better by your presence in it.

Brick, but NOT in his IP wrote:

I'd say do the little things; be kind, pick up trash etc. your example will spread.

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Brick.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi